2008 Nbc Hu Championship Odds

if i remember right, the prelim rounds in the WSOP were best of 1 until the final, which rekrul swept.while i understand the bad lines bodog had up before, now i think rekrul's getting good odds to have value on a win.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fyp
I'm actually considering putting a bet on Rousso. I know a lot of people find her annoying, but she's decent enough that it's plausible she could win.

i just got done playing a 6 person table with jonathan little little on fulltilt and he was on my left, i limped everytime from the small blind and he would just shove everytime, so i finally get pocket 8's, and he shoves again after my limp, i call and he shows 69 of spades and mine holds. Now you might ask yourself if the blinds warranted shoving...well he was shoving 1300-1500 with the blinds at 25/50...maybe drunk? i know the $200 buy in meant nothing to him but shit

i just got done playing a 6 person table with jonathan little little on fulltilt and he was on my left, i limped everytime from the small blind and he would just shove everytime, so i finally get pocket 8's, and he shoves again after my limp, i call and he shows 69 of spades and mine holds. Now you might ask yourself if the blinds warranted shoving...well he was shoving 1300-1500 with the blinds at 25/50...maybe drunk? i know the $200 buy in meant nothing to him but shit
He is clearly a sit&go fish.

I think if you're going to place a bet on one of the celebs w/ great odds, you should go with Don Cheadle. He at least knows he can't outplay the pro's, and uses a good amateur vs pro strategy. I thought he played ideal against Ivey (last year, i think) if you take each of their skill sets into consideration. Just a thought....

Looks like Antonio at 65/1 is the best bet left on the board after the changes.
And u are who exactly?????
you're 25 blinds deep, limping 100% of your hands, and he's shoving 100%.if 88 is the bottom end of your range, he is owning you because your range would be roughly 8%. it means 92% of the time he wins 2 big blinds uncontested and 8% of the time you have 69% equity of 50 blinds - 25.overall you show a loss of (1.82 - 0.76) = 1.06 big blindsin order to even break even against his shoves, you need to call with about 25% of your range.
you're 25 blinds deep, limping 100% of your hands, and he's shoving 100%.if 88 is the bottom end of your range, he is owning you because your range would be roughly 8%. it means 92% of the time he wins 2 big blinds uncontested and 8% of the time you have 69% equity of 50 blinds - 25.overall you show a loss of (1.82 - 0.76) = 1.06 big blindsin order to even break even against his shoves, you need to call with about 25% of your range.
That's interesting and all except he never said 88 was at the bottom of his range or even remotely implied it.
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks for the HU on the HU odds, got a couple of one in. Is there any other good one left I was thinking Antonio Esfandiari 60/1? ,Kenny Tran 55/1, Michael Mizrachi 65/1, Howard Lederer 55/1 maybe Gabe Kaplan, I read some where that he challenged Bobby Baldwin to $200,000 freeze-outsand won

That's interesting and all except he never said 88 was at the bottom of his range or even remotely implied it.
the tone of his post suggests that he is calling way less than 25% of his hands. it doesnt matter though, because the idea of Little pushing with 100% or that he's limping 100% is just stupid because they obviously arent.it's just a simple demonstration of why it isnt that zomg-awful to just be shoving every time if he's limp/folding so often. it's still obviously not the best idea, since he can easily do better by just checking and taking a flop where he'd do even better than whatever minuscule amounts he averages by shoving with his entire range.but he isnt playing seriously either. he's just trying to stick it in and speed that shit up, because the money is completely trivial to him.