2008 Nbc Hu Championship Odds

For the most part betting on individual people to win poker tournaments is a massive sucker bet but this is a little different. Bodog has some spots where I think you can get really good value. Here is what I bet and think is +EV:-A male will win -1200- Jonathan Little 65/1- Bill Edler 75/1- Scott Clements 65/1- Tom Dwan 60/1- David Singer 70/1- Scott Fischman 80/1btw for those that don't know this is a 64-man NCAA style tournament. All of these guys listed have proven success playing heads up poker and the prices seem a little overinflated for these particular players.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tom Dwan and Jon Little are EXCELLENT bets at those odds.
Agree. I think Bill Edler is the best bet on the entire sheet. He won the Bike 5k heads up championship last year against a field of almost all top pros. They broadcast it live on Live at the Bike (with hole cards) and I was very impressed w/his heads up game. He is considerably better than 75/1 against this field.
Agree. I think Bill Edler is the best bet on the entire sheet. He won the Bike 5k heads up championship last year against a field of almost all top pros. They broadcast it live on Live at the Bike (with hole cards) and I was very impressed w/his heads up game. He is considerably better than 75/1 against this field.
agreed

Im putting my BR on Jason Alexander.Poker is so hard to bet on. I've spread around some money on the Irish open on the well known names becuase the field is so weak. You can put a $100 on a few people reaching the final table and get a lot back.

What about shannon elizabeth being 100 to 1 after she made the semis last year?
just bc she luckboxed last year doesn't make her a competent player...she is probably closer to 170-1 (given that just about anyone can get deep in one of these hu tourneys with a fairly poor structure)
I like the male -1200 bet. Only 6 woman in the event and really only 3 that you could call accomplished poker players. Does the $50 max bet apply to this bet too?
Online. Yes.Over the phone. Probably can do more
I like the male -1200 bet. Only 6 woman in the event and really only 3 that you could call accomplished poker players. Does the $50 max bet apply to this bet too?
$240 is the max on this bet if you haven't had your limits raised. Call in and they will raise them for you.

I also believe that Huck Seed and Gavin Smith are better than breakeven against this field (littered w/celebs and "fake pros") so they should be bet at 70-1. Also Antonio at 60-1.