remember the smash experiment posts

I just had to check back in. On feb. 20th, I started keeping track of the amount of time played, hands played, and big bets won or lost. I have learned a ton in the last 3 months or so, it has been a great experience. Here are my stats (I have to tell some people who actually understand): these stats are based on 12,080 hands at mostly .25/.50 and .50/1.00 limit.BB/100 - 3.8BB/HR - 4.289.5 hours and $250I am not putting these stats up to brag, I said in a previous post when I just started this that when I got a big sample of hands, I would check back in. I realize that 12,000 hands is probably not a statistically significant sample but I still feel it gives an indication of play.On a side not, I was at the Gold Strike in Tunica a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. the 3/6 game there is very similar, I thought, to .50/1.00 on empire. I played 15 hours of limit and made 210. It was fun.

congrats! glad FCP has another success... (to make up for those people that read these forums but don't get anything out of it). I think you owe Smash a drink or something.I hereby label you a "winning player". Think of it like those awards that Ben Kingsley gives to the young boy in "Searching for Bobby Fischer". :club:

congrats! glad FCP has another success... (to make up for those people that read these forums but don't get anything out of it). I think you owe Smash a drink or something.I hereby label you a "winning player". Think of it like those awards that Ben Kingsley gives to the young boy in "Searching for Bobby Fischer". :club:
Have you been watching that a lot lately, too? It was on like Encore 3 times a day for the last week, and I think I watched it at least 5 times. "Bring her out, Josh. Bring her out""Leave her back, Josh. Don't do it!""Bring her out!"That part's awesomeIce
statistically significant sample
fallacy
I think he's being a little humble here because it's not 100K hands which would make you feel really confident in the numbers. but, 12K hands from a new person is great. Or am I not getting your point?

i started off playing .5/1 on empire, and while it is not hard by a long shot, 3.8bb/100 is still a nice win rate. i'd guess though you could keep it above 3 and certainly above 2 playing multiple tables. try playing 2 or even 4 and you will increase the magnitude of your winnings many-fold.on the negative side, you might have a run like me tonight - hit the nuts twice to split pots, had aces caught by 24s and A9o cold callers on the flop, etc, etc and lost 29bb in 91 hands and 58bb overall in 232 at 2/4.

statistically significant sample
fallacy
I think he's being a little humble here because it's not 100K hands which would make you feel really confident in the numbers. but, 12K hands from a new person is great. Or am I not getting your point?
Exactly my point.