Two Hands Crossposted From Challenge Thread, No Witty Titles

Hand 1: Shove or flat call and get it in on the turn? Both end up with the same results and i don't think you can fold here.Hand 2: I like it

Hand 1:Time to play our favourite game called "Sick spot!"Villain is 23/19/2.5PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)MP ($116.80)CO ($34.50)Hero ($154.25)SB ($100.50)BB ($101.50)UTG ($179.65)Preflop: Hero is Button with :D, :D. UTG raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $4, 1 fold, BB calls $3.Flop: ($12.50) :club:, :D, :D(3 players)BB checks, UTG bets $11, Hero raises to $30, BB folds, UTG raises to $85

Hand 2:Rationale: I felt the BB wasn't that strong, and this was for value. I thought I could price him in with his draws this way, and it's better than C/Cing if he is floating me. Also I believe JT might call, and that I MIGHT be able to fold out KT. So is this a bluff, or a value bet...I dunno, maybe a tweener where I dont care what happens but I can't find a better play? I dont really like a C/C and bet/folding seems kinda weak. Either way here's the hand.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)UTG ($43.80)MP ($239.90)Button ($100.60)Hero ($225.45)BB ($100)Preflop: Hero is SB with :club:, :D. 3 folds, Hero raises to $4, BB calls $3.Flop: ($8) :D, :D, :)(2 players)Hero bets $6, BB raises to $18, Hero calls $12.Turn: ($44) :D(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $33, Hero raises to $103

Hand 1:Time to play our favourite game called "Sick spot!"Villain is 23/19/2.5PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)MP ($116.80)CO ($34.50)Hero ($154.25)SB ($100.50)BB ($101.50)UTG ($179.65)Preflop: Hero is Button with :D, :D. UTG raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $4, 1 fold, BB calls $3.Flop: ($12.50) :club:, :D, :D(3 players)BB checks, UTG bets $11, Hero raises to $30, BB folds, UTG raises to $85
Push.
This is just incredibly sick. I probably shove, though it probably makes little difference either way. What are your stats/image? That may swing things a little.I would expect him to think you have 88, A8s or (most likely) a draw here (do you reraise AQ preflop?), so I think his range still includes a lot of AK combinations here, and maybe some AJ combinations too.
Hand 2:Rationale: I felt the BB wasn't that strong, and this was for value. I thought I could price him in with his draws this way, and it's better than C/Cing if he is floating me. Also I believe JT might call, and that I MIGHT be able to fold out KT. So is this a bluff, or a value bet...I dunno, maybe a tweener where I dont care what happens but I can't find a better play? I dont really like a C/C and bet/folding seems kinda weak. Either way here's the hand.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)UTG ($43.80)MP ($239.90)Button ($100.60)Hero ($225.45)BB ($100)Preflop: Hero is SB with :club:, :D. 3 folds, Hero raises to $4, BB calls $3.Flop: ($8) :D, :D, :)(2 players)Hero bets $6, BB raises to $18, Hero calls $12.Turn: ($44) :D(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $33, Hero raises to $103
I'm guessing you don't have player stats, which would be good.I play this the same, even though I hate the turn card. He can have worse 10s here, he can have QJ/J8/78, he could have hearts, or he could be bluffing.I don't feel that this is a particularly tough hand. You can't really fold to the flop raise, and with the pot being so large on the turn you can't really fold.

Hand 1: Fold pre-flop. After the flop, I like the raise, but what kind of range distribution are you putting him on once he 3-bets? He's "never" folding...so now we're hopefully flipping (though there are plenty of times where we're a biggish dog). I love when I can shove my money in with a hand like this while having fold equity. Here, we're in a rough spot since we've got no FE.I expect we're calling $55 to win $127+$65(implied)=$193. This hand is considerably more complex than I initially gave credit. We're 40.5% to win against the range that I put him on. I think out equity drops to 27% on turns that brick for us...at which point we'll be calling $65 to win $193...which puts us at break-even there. One difficulty is that we don't always win even when we hit, since he'll redraw on us some portion of the time.I suppose shoving might be proper...risking $120 to win $193. We need 38% equity to make that correct...which we're getting slightly better than that. He absolutely has to have AK a good portion of the time to make continuing profitable though. If he doesn't have AK, our flop equity drops to a really terrible 20%. This is a roundabout way of saying that I'm seriously considering folding...despite how crazy that sounds.Hand 2: Looks good.

Hand 1: Fold preflop. Also, I get it in on that flop. Players play AK like it's the nuts there, so you should be flipping plenty. Sometimes he shows up with something really nasty like AQ or something, but I think that you have your full compliment of 14ish outs there a lot.Hand 2: He's got a draw or a weaker hand (that he'll call with or fold) way more than you would ever need for this to be the right play. I like.