"the Grand" Movie Trailer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solid cast... but I am already cringing at the thought of the lame jokes that our gonna get sooooooo old 3 months after this movie comes out.
"Mr. Son of a bitch, let's play some cards!""Lays down a monster. Should have paid me off on that.""You on a draw, Mike? Go away, this one is not good for you. And in my club, I will splash the pot whenever the f**k I please."What're you talking about?Honestly it looks decent, compared to the other crappy poker movies that have come out. And by decent, I mean it's so bad/silly that it's fun to watch.

Looks like a fun movie, poker has so much more about it to mock, than to take serious ( Lucky You )Although it ruins my idea of a poker movie with Will Ferrel as the hot poker star who loses his mojo when he fails to give a homeless bum a few bucks, and hits broketown, where he finds out who his true friends are. But after spending time with an old oriental master ( who teaches him ancient skills for reading an opponent through strange kung fu stanses and breathing techniques ) he learns the true meaning of friendship, and gets to the FT of the big tournament, where he let's someone else win because they need the money for thier sick mother. Who shows up and thanks Will and Will gets a new sponsor: Phil Hellmuth Sports Cream.

Looks like a fun movie, poker has so much more about it to mock, than to take serious ( Lucky You )Although it ruins my idea of a poker movie with Will Ferrel as the hot poker star who loses his mojo when he fails to give a homeless bum a few bucks, and hits broketown, where he finds out who his true friends are. But after spending time with an old oriental master ( who teaches him ancient skills for reading an opponent through strange kung fu stanses and breathing techniques ) he learns the true meaning of friendship, and gets to the FT of the big tournament, where he let's someone else win because they need the money for thier sick mother. Who shows up and thanks Will and Will gets a new sponsor: Phil Hellmuth Sports Cream.
This idea is so unrealistic though. Obviously at that final table, Phil Hellmuth would be at himself, and everyone else would leave the room, blinding themselves off, until The Brat was declared victorious.
This idea is so unrealistic though. Obviously at that final table, Phil Hellmuth would be at himself, and everyone else would leave the room, blinding themselves off, until The Brat was declared victorious.
Or Will Farrell challenges Phil to a duel, and they both reach for Pro Player Drink, which gets them laughing and they become good friends until Will shows Phil the 12 bracelets he won all at the 2008 WSOP in which case Phil gets a little huffy and storms out leaving his pro player drink half empty. Which is all a metaphore for high school and the hard edge line that sometimes must be drawn to protect your youth.
Or Will Farrell challenges Phil to a duel, and they both reach for Pro Player Drink, which gets them laughing and they become good friends until Will shows Phil the 12 bracelets he won all at the 2008 WSOP in which case Phil gets a little huffy and storms out leaving his pro player drink half empty. Which is all a metaphore for high school and the hard edge line that sometimes must be drawn to protect your youth.
seriously lmao
So, from the IMDB page, and something I saw on 2p2, I think, it seems as if these guys played a real poker tournament, and improved a movie out of it...
i heard the same.this movie looks hilarious! great cast, and No fullhouse over fullhouse over fullhouse over straghtflush for 140 million dollars of death