I Hate When They Do This

Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $98.80UTG+1: $6.85MP1: $49.50MP2: $49.90MP3: $35.25CO: $38.30Hero: $52.25SB: $48BB: $95.35Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 3 :D 8 :club: 5 :) A :D UTG calls, 4 folds, CO calls, Hero raises to $2.75, 2 folds, UTG calls, CO calls.Flop: 2 :) Q :D 4 :D ($9, 3 players)UTG checks, CO bets $0.5why why why!!!!!!!!

not sure why people do this either, but you see it fairly often. Only thing I can figure it means he has some sort of hand hoping you'll just call so he can see the turn cheaply? I assume you raised? (I raise the pot :club: )

i thought it was best to just call to try to keep the CO in since he can't really ever fold for fifty cents there. then on the turn maybe something would happen to induce some action. my hand is so strong i think its worth taking a risk of winning a little less to try to get one or both of their stacks in the middle on the turn.

not sure why people do this either, but you see it fairly often. Only thing I can figure it means he has some sort of hand hoping you'll just call so he can see the turn cheaply? I assume you raised? (I raise the pot :club: )
Standard.And to answer why? Because he's a moron.
i thought it was best to just call to try to keep the CO in since he can't really ever fold for fifty cents there. then on the turn maybe something would happen to induce some action. my hand is so strong i think its worth taking a risk of winning a little less to try to get one or both of their stacks in the middle on the turn.
I assume you meant UTG. I don't hate that line of thinking, but unless UTG is checking set of Q's with c/r in mind I think he's likey to go away on the turn and not getting in at least a little more on the flop when your hand is that strong to gain the extra $.50 isn't worth it IMO. What if CO is betting a lo draw only type of hand turn bricks high or makes your flush and hits high only?I think raising behind is the best way to get more value out of your hand, but I'd like to hear what others think

The concept of pushing or pulling is very relevant here, as you have a very good drawing hand, so do you want to push people out of the pot, or pull them in? Note: There is a very good article in the lastest issue of 2+2 internet magazine which discusses (albeit in limit O8) how best to proceed against 2 opponents when you have nut-low draw and top two pair with low wheel draw (this example is nut-low draw and nut-flush draw with low wheel draw- but the similarities are relevant).I'm pretty sure that the min-raise was there due to the presence of the 2 on the flop. If you had a naked ace-two, you would probably (in his mind) have to fold (even though its only $0.50), thereby reducing the chances that you could catch runner runner to win part of (if not the whole) pot.

Note: There is a very good article in the lastest issue of 2+2 internet magazine which discusses (albeit in limit O8) how best to proceed against 2 opponents when you have nut-low draw and top two pair with low wheel draw (this example is nut-low draw and nut-flush draw with low wheel draw- but the similarities are relevant).
http://twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue38/jerome_0208.phpthought I'd provide the link to the article it is interestingI still think in this hand we push. If villain is on draw make him pay if he's on made hand he raises I go all in still happy if villain folds I take down small pot= Still happy :club:
http://twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue38/jerome_0208.phpthought I'd provide the link to the article it is interestingI still think in this hand we push. If villain is on draw make him pay if he's on made hand he raises I go all in still happy if villain folds I take down small pot= Still happy :club:
if villain is on anything make him pay the distinction between a draw and a made hand here is arbitrary we have like 70% equity three ways on average.but this isnt a make them pay thing. this is lets put a second mortgage on the house and toss that into the pot and pray for two calls.
if villain is on anything make him pay the distinction between a draw and a made hand here is arbitrary we have like 70% equity three ways on average.but this isnt a make them pay thing. this is lets put a second mortgage on the house and toss that into the pot and pray for two calls.
LMAO...... yeah, good point on the equity front in general any hand I choose to play after the flop I play uber aggresively probably is costing me some equity in spots, but it also keeps me from making tough decisions later as well (shrug)