Cnn Republican Debate

No worries Chrozzo...I am just really worked up tonight...I would like him to be the nominee, I think he is what this country needs to bring the country back from the brink...but I am realistic, i just annoys me that he is sitting there and treated like second class citizen, let him change the debate, make the 'front runners' speak to some real issues, shouldnt we be the country that expects more from our public officals and not less? If he is no threat then what is the big deal? If he can't impact then who is he gonna bother? The real fear lies in the fact that the establisment doesn't want them to hear his ideas.
we all are..tense time we coming up toyou cant blame them though for focusing on the front runner though, can you...it IS the MSM we are talking about, after allol
I am the news director and morning show contributer to 3 small stations in central Minnesota. It is not online or I would be happy to share it will the FCP community.
please doim interested in all things politicalesp now...obv

I've had more fights with friends than ever because of the way these primaries are going. The media ignores or ridicules Paul and yet he still has support. They release ridiculous stories about him on the day a debate happens and he still wins. (then they spend the wrap up hour ignoring his win and saying 'Thompson won' while the ****ing screen reads otherwise.)Seriously before bashing Ron Paul educate yourself on who you like and why. And have a specific answer, at least one policy you agree with. I keep hearing people say 'Hillary'd be good for the country....Obama'd be good for the country....' Okay 'why?' NO ANSWER.It's not a personality contest, read a couple policies or ideas and see how scary some of these people are.Some of Paul's ideas may be radical, but if you see where we're at as a country right now, we need some pretty radical change to avoid a recession caused by the housing burst and over reaching military policy.meh....time for a beer that's enough seriousness at 3 am.

I've had more fights with friends than ever because of the way these primaries are going. The media ignores or ridicules Paul and yet he still has support. They release ridiculous stories about him on the day a debate happens and he still wins. (then they spend the wrap up hour ignoring his win and saying 'Thompson won' while the ****ing screen reads otherwise.)Seriously before bashing Ron Paul educate yourself on who you like and why. And have a specific answer, at least one policy you agree with. I keep hearing people say 'Hillary'd be good for the country....Obama'd be good for the country....' Okay 'why?' NO ANSWER.It's not a personality contest, read a couple policies or ideas and see how scary some of these people are.Some of Paul's ideas may be radical, but if you see where we're at as a country right now, we need some pretty radical change to avoid a recession caused by the housing burst and over reaching military policy.meh....time for a beer that's enough seriousness at 3 am.
No, we don't. Recessions are part of the economy. It's cyclical. Not to mention, a recession isn't official until we have had 6 straight months of zero growth or negative, neither of which has happened for even ONE month yet. Reacting to radical media driven hysterical scenarios with radical change is not the answer.
I am the news director and morning show contributer to 3 small stations in central Minnesota. It is not online or I would be happy to share it will the FCP community.
Nice, what station do you work for? I'm in radio doing afternoons here in SoCal
No, we don't. Recessions are part of the economy. It's cyclical. Not to mention, a recession isn't official until we have had 6 straight months of zero growth or negative, neither of which has happened for even ONE month yet. Reacting to radical media driven hysterical scenarios with radical change is not the answer.
It is not just the economy that is the issue, though it is a major issue at this point, but this revolution started long before that. There are plenty of things that need to be changed in this country. Not everything is hunky dory. We have seen a steady decline in the dollar agaisnt the other major currencies in the world. The one thing that you never hear them talk about is the fact the reason the stock market continues to stay within its levels it has been is because it takes more volume of money to buy the same stock so the market remains inflated. It is not an actual reflection of how the economy is doing. They have done such a masterful job of getting people to focus on how the DJI is doing they don't look at other important factors. We do need to make other significant changes. The Department of Education needs to go, the IRS needs to go, the Federal Reserve needs to be stopped. Do you know how many people think that the Federal Reserve is actually part of the government? It is a private bank that we have to go to and ask for money and it is not backed by anything. We have a fiate currency and we print money out of thin air. It is nonsense and is our road to ruin. We are becoming a 3rd world consumer plantation. China owns such a huge part of our debt right now that it is scary. This stimulus package is likely to do more for their economy then ours.
Nice, what station do you work for? I'm in radio doing afternoons here in SoCal
The 3 stations I work for are KLTF, WYRQ, and KFML. How bout you?

Yeah, I read back towards the beginning of the caucus/primary season on one of his websites that he wanted to do away with the Federal Reserve and go back to the gold standard. Maybe not such a bad idea but there is one little hitch. If he becomes President he doesn't have the strict power to make that happen and there is no way he would ever convince Congress to do it, much like all the things he wants to do. That is one reason why some don't take him seriously, because things he wants to do have a very slim chance of happening. I can admit that the guy has some interesting ideas, but I am realistic in the fact that I know he won't have the power and/or the persuasiveness to get most of those interesting things done. So with that in mind, what will he actually do if he became President?

Yeah, I read back towards the beginning of the caucus/primary season on one of his websites that he wanted to do away with the Federal Reserve and go back to the gold standard. Maybe not such a bad idea but there is one little hitch. If he becomes President he doesn't have the strict power to make that happen and there is no way he would ever convince Congress to do it, much like all the things he wants to do. That is one reason why some don't take him seriously, because things he wants to do have a very slim chance of happening. I can admit that the guy has some interesting ideas, but I am realistic in the fact that I know he won't have the power and/or the persuasiveness to get most of those interesting things done. So with that in mind, what will he actually do if he became President?
I agree with you that it is a long shot, but it takes alot of guts to stand against what is unpopular and to go against the grain. So just because he has been told that he can't do it he should stop? That is not what our founding fathers did, it is not what Ghandi did, nor MLK, Nelson Mandela. The sooner we all start to wake up and realize that the power lies within US, the people, the sooner we can start to become the democracy that we are supposed to be all so proud of. Perhaps Ron Paul is not the one to become president but if he changes the debate and wakes people up to continue the revolution then it is a great thing. Mark Twain writes ""In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. To answer your question, he would do everything in his power to return this country to greatness, to bring us back into balance, to stop trying to maintain a global empire. No one says that he would walk in on day one and snap his fingers and things are going to be perfect. It would take hard work and sacrifice but in the end things certainly wouldn't be any worse then they are right now.
That video is so embarrassingly bad I had to turn it off half way through. Wow.1978 regress aments.
if by embarrassingly bad you mean ridiculously awesome, then yes, yes it was