I have been hearing rumors of a "planned" 1 million dollar buyin game this season. Anyone have any idea when they will start taping the new season? I think they taped the most recent season of HSP last April. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything as far as the next season goes.DN, i'm sure you know SOMETHING. :club:

I have been hearing rumors of a "planned" 1 million dollar buyin game this season. Anyone have any idea when they will start taping the new season? I think they taped the most recent season of HSP last April. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything as far as the next season goes.DN, i'm sure you know SOMETHING. :club:
Ask the person that "was talking to loud" about the million buy in. He probabaly knows about when the next taping is.
Ask the person that "was talking to loud" about the million buy in. He probabaly knows about when the next taping is.
I've seen on a few other forums people speculating about a supposed 1 million dollar game. They even mentioned it at the end of the last season's 500k buyin game. They said that they were hearing things, but nobody knows dates, and that's what i'm asking. I figure that there is a chance for DN to have some info on this.
I've seen on a few other forums people speculating about a supposed 1 million dollar game. They even mentioned it at the end of the last season's 500k buyin game. They said that they were hearing things, but nobody knows dates, and that's what i'm asking. I figure that there is a chance for DN to have some info on this.
i thought they were joking. just like at the end of season 2, when AJ asked gabe to play.well, after all, he did.^^

No, for what I understand, (I could be wrong though obv) is that the $1,000,000 game will happen. They are going to have and 8 player table again but instead of $500k it will be $1,000,000. I just hope they choose the right players this time.No Antonio E, No Barry G, No Jamie Gold. I respect Antonio and Barry's games, but they didn't give much action and their play was flat out boring. As for Jamie, he just annoys the piss out of me. Keep the other 5 the same and replace the aformentioned 3 players with Tom Dwan, Genius28, and Phil Ivey.

i'm hoping for some new faces next season. i don't think that so many players will play at that stake. so it qould be okay for me, if they continue with the old structure (or maybe 500k) and some new faces like: Sam Grizzle, Allen Cunningham, Layne Flack etc.and the old oney too, of couse. i like jamie. of course, he's maybe the worst player at the table, but he's entertaining.and seriously, i don't think he played too bad last time. made some nice moves.

i'm hoping for some new faces next season. i don't think that so many players will play at that stake. so it qould be okay for me, if they continue with the old structure (or maybe 500k) and some new faces like: Sam Grizzle, Allen Cunningham, Layne Flack etc.and the old oney too, of couse. i like jamie. of course, he's maybe the worst player at the table, but he's entertaining.and seriously, i don't think he played too bad last time. made some nice moves.
I don't think we'll be seeing Sam Grizzle in a $500k buyin anytime soon, not to mention a $1 Million buy in IMO.

There are only a select few live poker pros who can even play the regular 100k buyin game. That's why they have started to bring in top online pros with lots of "new"money to give the game some diversity. I really think that some of the $200/400 and up PLO and NLHE online pros should have a shot. They have lots of money, are solid, action players and could clean out most of the live pros IMO. I think they should def. get someone like Durrrr or Townsend in there again.

I don't think we'll be seeing Sam Grizzle in a $500k buyin anytime soon, not to mention a $1 Million buy in IMO.
but it would be great fun :club: actually, he just played at PAD. so why not HSP?
but it would be great fun :club: actually, he just played at PAD. so why not HSP?
LOL.PAD is a "measely" 20k buyin. HSP has a minimun 100k buyin. Little different. Plus, Grizzle isn't that good anyways.
No, for what I understand, (I could be wrong though obv) is that the $1,000,000 game will happen. They are going to have and 8 player table again but instead of $500k it will be $1,000,000. I just hope they choose the right players this time.No Antonio E, No Barry G, No Jamie Gold. I respect Antonio and Barry's games, but they didn't give much action and their play was flat out boring. As for Jamie, he just annoys the piss out of me. Keep the other 5 the same and replace the aformentioned 3 players with Tom Dwan, Genius28, and Phil Ivey.
Lol, you lose all credibility right here.

i just thought it's about that tv thing, that sam doesn't want to play on tv or so.he does play at stakes that high at the bellagio? so why not at hsp? it doesn't matter for me if he's good or bad. as i said, it would be really funny. this guy IS funny^^

There are only a select few live poker pros who can even play the regular 100k buyin game. That's why they have started to bring in top online pros with lots of "new"money to give the game some diversity. I really think that some of the $200/400 and up PLO and NLHE online pros should have a shot. They have lots of money, are solid, action players and could clean out most of the live pros IMO. I think they should def. get someone like Durrrr or Townsend in there again.
You are saying that all the "top online pros" could easily beat most high stakes live pros??? Don't you think that if they really were that much better than all the other HSP players, they would have already been in those games and taking all of Doyle's money?? Give me a break.....live high stakes is a whole different game.......Barry G would wipe the felt with all those chumps.
You are saying that all the "top online pros" could easily beat most high stakes live pros??? Don't you think that if they really were that much better than all the other HSP players, they would have already been in those games and taking all of Doyle's money?? Give me a break.....live high stakes is a whole different game.......Barry G would wipe the felt with all those chumps.
way to take what he said to the extreme :club:
when you say, they (online players) would have already been in those games, taking doyle's money, actually a lot of the online pro's just can't wait to get into these "juicy" games, but they don't have the status or tv personality to get invited. take jman, omgclayaiken. excellent player, but wasn't very good for tv. was pretty quiet and played tight.the online pros are very good, but i think the live pros like barry will have the advantage b/c, well, it's live and it will be VERY deepstacked (if at a million) and it's not heads up or 6 handed (what the online guys play tons of).that being said, if there are amateur guys like guy liberte or jamie gold or action guys like farha or eli elezra or tourney guys that will make up for the likes of people like ivey, barry g, daniel alei or antonius then the online guys would love to be a part of this game and they should make good money themselves.i would love to see how genius or durrr plays live. it'd be cool if kenny tran was there too.EDIT: hubdub - if there was no antonio e, then we'd lose the tradition of him saying in every season, "i love america."
. Keep the other 5 the same and replace the aformentioned 3 players with Tom Dwan, Genius28, and Phil Ivey.No, for what I understand, (I could be wrong though obv) is that the $1,000,000 game will happen. They are going to have and 8 player table again but instead of $500k it will be $1,000,000. I just hope they choose the right players this time.No Antonio E, No Barry G, No Jamie Gold. I respect Antonio and Barry's games, but they didn't give much action and their play was flat out boring. As for Jamie, he just annoys the piss out of me
Doubt he could find anyone to stake him for it anyways.
when you say, they (online players) would have already been in those games, taking doyle's money, actually a lot of the online pro's just can't wait to get into these "juicy" games, but they don't have the status or tv personality to get invited. take jman, omgclayaiken. excellent player, but wasn't very good for tv. was pretty quiet and played tight.the online pros are very good, but i think the live pros like barry will have the advantage b/c, well, it's live and it will be VERY deepstacked (if at a million) and it's not heads up or 6 handed (what the online guys play tons of).that being said, if there are amateur guys like guy liberte or jamie gold or action guys like farha or eli elezra or tourney guys that will make up for the likes of people like ivey, barry g, daniel alei or antonius then the online guys would love to be a part of this game and they should make good money themselves.i would love to see how genius or durrr plays live. it'd be cool if kenny tran was there too.EDIT: hubdub - if there was no antonio e, then we'd lose the tradition of him saying in every season, "i love america."
they wouldn't last two hours at the big game. well, maybe, if they play super tight. like townsend did last season. did he play five hands?

a million dollar buyin would be worse that the 500k to watch. maybe they'd run 9 times instead odf 4 when a 2 million dollar pot comes up. i thought the regular 100k buyin show was much more entertainng. when sammy is afraid to put it all in against gold with AA then the stakes are too high. when one of the richest men in the world gives up over 50% equity in an all in pot, the stakes are too high. bring back the 7-2 prop and watch the fireworks.

You're assuming he had some to start with.
I'd like to know what your problem is.
a million dollar buyin would be worse that the 500k to watch. maybe they'd run 9 times instead odf 4 when a 2 million dollar pot comes up. i thought the regular 100k buyin show was much more entertainng. when sammy is afraid to put it all in against gold with AA then the stakes are too high. when one of the richest men in the world gives up over 50% equity in an all in pot, the stakes are too high. bring back the 7-2 prop and watch the fireworks.
:club:
Amen....they hype these guys for the show and talk about how they're not scared to gamble so high...then we get to watch each hand run 5x and people negotioate insurase for 10 mins. Id rather lower stakes and better poker.
QFT