Obamanation In South Carolina

No matter what you've done Jesus can cover those sins, no matter how dispicable. Jesus can take every sin away. Every one.Jesus loves copouts!I doubt that the bands you mentioned can find the time to play in Hell.Then forget it, I'm not going.I have a question for you. Why do you think you're more righteous than Ted Bundy?Because you didn't murder 30+ people? Okay. Well, then where does your moral code come from?Treat others how you want to be treated. And no Jesus didn't come up with that, Confucius was one of the first of many to throw that out into the world. How come you see murder as evil, but let's say lying, is not as bad?Lying usually doesn't take away everything somebody has and everything they ever will have. Lying doesn't take away the only life someone has. If God did not create the earth, where did we get these morals?Our morals have evolved just like everything else. Are you saying Christians would be out raping and killing without the emergence of The Bible? If it's all just a random occurence as to why we are here It's not random by any means, never said that., then those women's lives that Bundy took, are very inconsequential. In the universe's eyes I'm sure they are, but I'm not the universe. If life as we know it is an accident, then Bundy was well within his rights to murder those people. Life is not an accident. Everything has a cause, but that doesn't mean everything has reason.Because, if God did not create us for a purpose and the only reason we are here is luck You are here because your mommy and daddy farked. Probably not luck., then that means life is not sacred and killing a person is no more wrong than stepping on a cockroach. Once again, you are saying that if you did not have the "morals" from The Bible, there would be no morals? You couldn't see the damage caused by harming another human being without God saying it is wrong?And life is sacred, the most sacred thing possible. It is the only life we have. Don't waste it :club:
  • Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama for president ONETIME BABY!!! Also,evolution-skull.jpgAnybody know why the Homo Erectus went extinct???It's too easy, the punchline isn't even necessary :club: .
Silly evolutionist, everyone knows God put those fossils here to test our faith. That sly devil!
Silly evolutionist, everyone knows God put those fossils here to test our faith. That sly devil!
Where's Bill Hicks when you need him?Comedy show in '93 on Fundamental Christians"Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth, but the trail was blocked by a giant Brontosaurus ... with a splinter in his paw. And O' the disciples did run a shrieking, 'What a big f ucking lizard, Lord'. But Jesus was unafraid, and he took the splinter from the Brontosaurus paw and the big lizard became his friend. Then Jesus sent him to Scotland to live in a loch for O' so many years, inviting thousands of American tourists to bring their fat f ucking families and their fat dollar bills and O' Scotland did praise the Lord! 'Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Lord.'"
I'm saying that without God there is no reason for morals. Why is life sacred? Can you explain that to me, please?
And you have absolutely no evidence to claim that morals only exist because of god just like you have absolutely no evidence that your god even exists. On the contrary, though, we do have scientific explanations developing about morality. We also know that the "moral concepts" in the Bible were not founded by Jesus. Life is sacred because this is the only life that we KNOW we have. That is why you run when someone pulls a gun out in the theater. That's why you defend yourself when someone attacks you. If you truly believed in the afterlife, then you would have no fear of death and completely negate the human instinct of survival. No matter what you spew about knowing there is a god (and that it's the Christian god, of course), you don't really know. That's why the word faith exists. You have faith that it's true. If you actually had empirical evidence (like something as strong as 2 objects and 2 objects being 4 objects), you would risk a bullet in the head in situations where I know you, realistically, wouldn't.
And you have absolutely no evidence to claim that morals only exist because of god just like you have absolutely no evidence that your god even exists. On the contrary, though, we do have scientific explanations developing about morality. We also know that the "moral concepts" in the Bible were not founded by Jesus. Life is sacred because this is the only life that we KNOW we have. That is why you run when someone pulls a gun out in the theater. That's why you defend yourself when someone attacks you. If you truly believed in the afterlife, then you would have no fear of death and completely negate the human instinct of survival. No matter what you spew about knowing there is a god (and that it's the Christian god, of course), you don't really know. That's why the word faith exists. You have faith that it's true. If you actually had empirical evidence (like something as strong as 2 objects and 2 objects being 4 objects), you would risk a bullet in the head in situations where I know you, realistically, wouldn't.
But the morals Hero is talking about are the ones that fly in the face of Darwinian evolution. You know like compassion, empathy, forgiveness. These are anti-evolution, yet they make up most of our societies.
Ok, give me those scientific explanations about morality. Just because we know this is the only life we have does not make it sacred. That just makes life finite. That has no bearing on whether something is sacred or not. Of course I don't have empirical evidence God exists. I don't have empirical evidence China exists either, but I believe it's there.And I have no fear of death. I have no fear of death whatsoever. I'm afraid DYING, sure, because I'm afraid it will hurt. But, the reason I would fight for my life is because I know that this life is a gift from God and as long as I am here, I have an opportunity to tell more people about Jesus and try to get them into Heaven. As Paul wrote, "To live is Christ, to die is gain."
I'm saying that without God there is no reason for morals. Why is life sacred? Can you explain that to me, please?
yeah this is a really good question. I mean, we all know that before god came around, everybody just ran around having unprotected sex and murdering each other for fun. it happened! I mean, there certainly wasn't a primitive societal need for groups to gather for safety, protect each other in return for protection for others so that the group as a whole would have a much better chance of survival. nah, that couldn't be it. gotta be god.
Of course I don't have empirical evidence God exists. I don't have empirical evidence China exists either, but I believe it's there.
wow
yeah this is a really good question. I mean, we all know that before god came around, everybody just ran around having unprotected sex and murdering each other for fun. it happened! I mean, there certainly wasn't a primitive societal need for groups to gather for safety, protect each other in return for protection for others so that the group as a whole would have a much better chance of survival. nah, that couldn't be it. gotta be god.
Those aren't morals. Those are survival needs. Try again.
Ok, give me those scientific explanations about morality. Just because we know this is the only life we have does not make it sacred. That just makes life finite. That has no bearing on whether something is sacred or not. Of course I don't have empirical evidence God exists. I don't have empirical evidence China exists either, but I believe it's there.And I have no fear of death. I have no fear of death whatsoever. I'm afraid DYING, sure, because I'm afraid it will hurt. But, the reason I would fight for my life is because I know that this life is a gift from God and as long as I am here, I have an opportunity to tell more people about Jesus and try to get them into Heaven. As Paul wrote, "To live is Christ, to die is gain."
This has to be a joke account.
I don't think you understand, well, anything. but yes, they are morals. they are the basis for morals. why do you not kill? because you don't want to be killed. why do you help someone stranded on the side of the road? because you would want to be helped if you were stranded on the side of the road. humans have always been in "societies" of sorts, living in groups. the group dynamic mandates that they treat each other with respect and help each other when needed in order to maintain the strength of the group and therefore aid in the groups chances of survival.
I don't think you understand, well, anything. but yes, they are morals. they are the basis for morals. why do you not kill? because you don't want to be killed. why do you help someone stranded on the side of the road? because you would want to be helped if you were stranded on the side of the road. humans have always been in "societies" of sorts, living in groups. the group dynamic mandates that they treat each other with respect and help each other when needed in order to maintain the strength of the group and therefore aid in the groups chances of survival.
Except one group always tries to kill the other group for stealing it's stuff and girls. That is why we have always had armies and fences and doors etc.
Except one group always tries to kill the other group for stealing it's stuff and girls. That is why we have always had armies and fences and doors etc.
and that whole pesky "different god" thing
But the morals Hero is talking about are the ones that fly in the face of Darwinian evolution. You know like compassion, empathy, forgiveness. These are anti-evolution, yet they make up most of our societies.
"Anti-evolution" ?I think you commercialize evolution as this one stop shop of kill or be killed.Evolution is the explanation of how things change over time. We evolved into the brains and abilities we have today. Why wouldn't we create compassion, empathy, forgiveness, etc? It doesn't make sense that we wouldn't.
Just because we know this is the only life we have does not make it sacred
I thought when you said sacred that you were referring to value in life. Turns out you're not. If you're speaking of sacred in a metaphysical way, then no... there is absolutely no evidence that life is "sacred". I, personally, was using the word sacred as valuable. "This couch is sacred. You may not sit."
I don't have empirical evidence China exists either, but I believe it's there.
Yes you do because it's falsifiable (sp?). The area that we call China is either there or it's not.
because I'm afraid it will hurt
Quit being such a pussy and go play rugby :club: (sw)
What do you think is a factor in the creation of morality?Survivability would most likely be one of them.Regarding you asking for the research, no offense, but I'm not going to the trouble of looking it up. And trust me, it's not because it isn't there.
If I give into my want for more stuff and throw personal caution to the wind and try to take your stuff, you're going to react.Notice that it takes throwing personal caution to the wind to break the moral code. Note that there are different levels of "taking your stuff" (pack of gum to jewels).I don't kill people because I know I'm probably going to get killed or lose my freedom. A select few (sociopaths for example) don't care about the consequences. There are also those that we consider "sane" that stop caring when brought to certain points of distress.and so on and so forth
What do you think is a factor in the creation of morality?Survivability would most likely be one of them.
Example one:Steve wants to mate with Mary, Mary wants to mate with Steve, but Carl who is bigger and stronger beats up Steve to takes Mary. Example two:Iraq has oil. Russia wants oil. Russia has proven that it doesn't care about human rights or lives, but it is afraid of America that does believe in them. Russia does not attack. Neither does America.Which example is more indicative of Darwinian Evolution and which is more based on morality?