Official I Joined A Gym Thread

2 adn a half hours of jits and kickboxing today, starting to fill some holes in the game a physical strength is getting better, if i can get it up to three days a week i'll start to see the good gains and will start upping the protein intake more

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 adn a half hours of jits and kickboxing today, starting to fill some holes in the game a physical strength is getting better, if i can get it up to three days a week i'll start to see the good gains and will start upping the protein intake more
yesterday ran 5k, did some chest and tricep work. today, drank 2 beers and ate a big steak. Failed in trying to resist the beers. Back in tomorrow to run and work on my lats and bis.

Pretty much annoyed.My legs/feet are a mess and I don't know what is causing it.So Saturday I think it was, whenever my last run was, shortly after my arch on my right foot was really sore. The next day it was worse and the joints in my knees hurt too. Stairs cause the most pain. I figured that was a sign to go out and get some good running shoes since I am really enjoying this and don't want to quit. So I did the wet test and all the things and figured out which shoes I should wear. Talked with the guy at the shoe store to confirm and he gave me my choices. The Nike Pegasus was the one's that felt the most comfortable. The Asics were way to unconfortable and the New Balance seemed wonky in the arch. The pain was still present but I wore my new shoes whenever I could to get used to them. After a good 4 day rest I went to the gym yesterday afternoon since no work due to power loss and got about 1km before I could not stand the pain anymore. Knees hurt but that right arch is killing me. Still is. Getting downstairs this morning was a bitch.I am super annoyed right now because the longer I go without running the less progress I will make and I was getting faster and going farther each run. I don't know if it is the shoes or just an injury that is not healed. I got about 25 more days to find out before I am stuck with the shoes.

Anyone have recommendations for a swimsuit for real training purposes? (Not swimming trunks for the beach)I've seem some called "jammers", as well as some triathlon gear (mid-quad length and a bib-like upper)

yesterday ran 5k, did some chest and tricep work. today, drank 2 beers and ate a big steak. Failed in trying to resist the beers. Back in tomorrow to run and work on my lats and bis.
worked 14 hours and then drank 2 bottles of wine, i'll call yesterday a "rest day"
worked 14 hours and then drank 2 bottles of wine, i'll call yesterday a "rest day"
2 full bottles? wow, that's impressive. Dunno if I can do that although I've never tried. love the vintage reds though. Yah, I'd call it a rest day lol. Sometimes you gotta do it.
Pretty much annoyed.My legs/feet are a mess and I don't know what is causing it.So Saturday I think it was, whenever my last run was, shortly after my arch on my right foot was really sore. The next day it was worse and the joints in my knees hurt too. Stairs cause the most pain. I figured that was a sign to go out and get some good running shoes since I am really enjoying this and don't want to quit. So I did the wet test and all the things and figured out which shoes I should wear. Talked with the guy at the shoe store to confirm and he gave me my choices. The Nike Pegasus was the one's that felt the most comfortable. The Asics were way to unconfortable and the New Balance seemed wonky in the arch. The pain was still present but I wore my new shoes whenever I could to get used to them. After a good 4 day rest I went to the gym yesterday afternoon since no work due to power loss and got about 1km before I could not stand the pain anymore. Knees hurt but that right arch is killing me. Still is. Getting downstairs this morning was a bitch.I am super annoyed right now because the longer I go without running the less progress I will make and I was getting faster and going farther each run. I don't know if it is the shoes or just an injury that is not healed. I got about 25 more days to find out before I am stuck with the shoes.
since you got the shoes after you felt soreness on your foot, it's prob not the shoes. you would prob feel the pain regardless of what type of shoes you wore, sounds like you need some treatment/rest. I don't really have any good advice except to go see your family doctor or a sports medicine doctor.

I'm going to join a gym tomorrow after not going for about a year. I broke my shoulder in November and pretty much gave up on everything physical (besides my job) so I am really out of shape. Before the injury I was in the best shape of my life and was working out 3-6 times a week. I'm hoping that becoming an active member in this thread will keep me motivated when my gym buddy can't make it, which almost always used to mean I would skip that day too. Also, I really have to start eating a lot better. Pizza and coke just isn't going to cut it anymore.

I'm going to join a gym tomorrow after not going for about a year. I broke my shoulder in November and pretty much gave up on everything physical (besides my job) so I am really out of shape. Before the injury I was in the best shape of my life and was working out 3-6 times a week. I'm hoping that becoming an active member in this thread will keep me motivated when my gym buddy can't make it, which almost always used to mean I would skip that day too. Also, I really have to start eating a lot better. Pizza and coke just isn't going to cut it anymore.
I find Coke usually goes better with Hookers. To each his own.But yeah, GLGLGL! I'm working on being consistent myself. Been doing ok the past 2 weeks, give or take.
Welcome! My workout buddy has quit on me so it's just up to me now. however, in the long run, be prepared to workout alone as it is hard to find someone with the same drive as you. The true test is being able to go to the gym by yourself.
I find Coke usually goes better with Hookers. To each his own.But yeah, GLGLGL! I'm working on being consistent myself. Been doing ok the past 2 weeks, give or take.
lol..
I was about 1 set away from throwing up and shitting on myself at the same time today, god that was brutal. Glad to see my trainer has gotten right back to beating the crap out of me after my 4 month absense.
welcome back!!! I almost shit myself at the gym too yesterday for a different reason. bad food in the dominican.anyways, had a long lunch so ran 5k, did some weights, took a shower and back at work.happy thanksgiving everyone! well, the canadians on here anyways.
welcome back!!! I almost shit myself at the gym too yesterday for a different reason. bad food in the dominican.anyways, had a long lunch so ran 5k, did some weights, took a shower and back at work.happy thanksgiving everyone! well, the canadians on here anyways.
yeah turkey on sunday!
Welcome! My workout buddy has quit on me so it's just up to me now. however, in the long run, be prepared to workout alone as it is hard to find someone with the same drive as you. The true test is being able to go to the gym by yourself.
It's really nice because we both have a lot of motivation and we really push each other all the time. Scheduling is almost impossible sometimes though. Tomorrow is going to be my first day and I'm sure that my numbers are going to be pretty depressing compared to before.
yeah turkey on sunday!
ewww lol. turkey is not my fave but i will eat some. I prefer a nice rib roast.
It's really nice because we both have a lot of motivation and we really push each other all the time. Scheduling is almost impossible sometimes though. Tomorrow is going to be my first day and I'm sure that my numbers are going to be pretty depressing compared to before.
That's good, ur lucky. I have to motivate myself now. I've got a few female friends that workout but they can't help me out in the weight room since they are mostly doing cardio and don't know how to lift weights.

I'm still doing workout and tons of running. Last week I ran 5.5 miles through my city with tons of steep hills, took a fewdays off from running doing lower and upper body than ran a 6.8 mile trail run early Sunday morning. It was my firsttrail run and pretty awesome. I've maintained the 163 weight for a couple weeks now and probably would have lost a little more but I haven'tbeen too great on the diet. I could really live with the weight if I keep gaining muscle but there is a little fat leftthat has to go.

I'm still doing workout and tons of running. Last week I ran 5.5 miles through my city with tons of steep hills, took a fewdays off from running doing lower and upper body than ran a 6.8 mile trail run early Sunday morning. It was my firsttrail run and pretty awesome. I've maintained the 163 weight for a couple weeks now and probably would have lost a little more but I haven'tbeen too great on the diet. I could really live with the weight if I keep gaining muscle but there is a little fat leftthat has to go.
good stuff. today is a holiday here in canada, so i did a quick workout. Ran one mile in 7:50, did some bench press and tricep pulldowns.
good stuff. today is a holiday here in canada, so i did a quick workout. Ran one mile in 7:50, did some bench press and tricep pulldowns.
Did my 5k yesterday in 29 minutes which is pretty much my best despite not really feeling and being sore from the weekend. I took today off and plan on giving it another go tommorow. It's going to be in the upper 30s so i'm pretty confused on what to wear for this.My running is definately getting better. By that I mean I can actually "run" at times as opposed to just doing a slow jog.
Did my 5k yesterday in 29 minutes which is pretty much my best despite not really feeling and being sore from the weekend. I took today off and plan on giving it another go tommorow. It's going to be in the upper 30s so i'm pretty confused on what to wear for this.My running is definately getting better. By that I mean I can actually "run" at times as opposed to just doing a slow jog.
Nice, I am jealous. I actually miss running. Foot feels better today so I may give it a try tonight. Light one, maybe 2K.
nice!I ran 1.5 miles at lunch, lat pull ups, bicep work. Another quick workout but sometimes i just don't have time to workout longer. something is better than nothing.
Nice, I am jealous. I actually miss running. Foot feels better today so I may give it a try tonight. Light one, maybe 2K.
glad your foot is better but I wouldn't push it too hard. once it starts to hurt, I'd stop.
You really need to read the book I recomended. In the meantime I need to send you a copy of the dvdthat i've been using to teach me how to run. It involves landing on the forefoot instead of the heel and usingthe back of the legs, achilles, calves and hams. It takes a little adjustment by using a quicker and smaller stridebut you don't end up with all the leg and shin problems. Also those muscles are springy and don't burn like the quads.Think of it like running barefoot. You wouldn't land on your heel. Unless I really tire out (winded) my legs can seemingly go on forever in this running style.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBCmBz6HtkAlso go slow don't worry about speed. Go distances and the speed will come once your body gets used to it. Alsoreally focus on staying relaxed when you are running. I really believe that is key.

My trainer is on vacation this week, so she asked me if I'd work out if she made a list of things for me to do, I told her probably not, so instead I worked out with someone else today. Turns out, all trainers are out to hurt you, and not just her so that sucked. Actually it was hard, and I was hurting a bit after, but I feel pretty good now! Next session is on Friday, with a cardio in between. I'll prob end up doing one tonight when I watch The Biggest Loser, do any of you watch that? (gay jokes?)

My trainer is on vacation this week, so she asked me if I'd work out if she made a list of things for me to do, I told her probably not, so instead I worked out with someone else today. Turns out, all trainers are out to hurt you, and not just her so that sucked. Actually it was hard, and I was hurting a bit after, but I feel pretty good now! Next session is on Friday, with a cardio in between. I'll prob end up doing one tonight when I watch The Biggest Loser, do any of you watch that? (gay jokes?)
Love Biggest Loser.

Been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for a while now, can definitely feel a pretty noticeable strength difference. Not losing much weight, but I look slightly trimmer and my pants fit a little bit looser, so I'm probably putting on muscle, which is fine with me. Don't care so much about the weight number as I do about just being in better shape.Also been running on my off days (Mon-Wed-Fri Stronglifts, Tues-Thurs running), which is nice. Seeing mild gains in endurance.

You really need to read the book I recomended. In the meantime I need to send you a copy of the dvdthat i've been using to teach me how to run. It involves landing on the forefoot instead of the heel and usingthe back of the legs, achilles, calves and hams. It takes a little adjustment by using a quicker and smaller stridebut you don't end up with all the leg and shin problems. Also those muscles are springy and don't burn like the quads.Think of it like running barefoot. You wouldn't land on your heel. Unless I really tire out (winded) my legs can seemingly go on forever in this running style.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBCmBz6HtkAlso go slow don't worry about speed. Go distances and the speed will come once your body gets used to it. Alsoreally focus on staying relaxed when you are running. I really believe that is key.
That book was checked out of the library when I was there last week. I emailed Liz and told her to check again today. I didn't run last night, decided to give it another 2 days. Will work out chest and arms tonight and then run tomorrow.