Official I Joined A Gym Thread

Sorry I forgot about this thread.I have one week to go in the bet and I've already lost the 30 pounds. I have been good with working out everyday. I've gotten used to running every other day, and swimming on days I don't run. The bitch is the exercise bike. On days I swim I also do a little bit of situps, pushups, squats, and benchpress along with 30 min on the exercise bike. That thing kicks my ass. I push myself pretty hard on it.For the most part I have been pretty good with the diet. About once every 2 weeks I get restless and eat a bunch of shit I shouldn't be eating. For instance last week I weighed in at 188.0 on Thursday and after a weekend of beer and french fries I weighed in today at 192. But this week I'll be fine and I should win the bet easily. I think for the most part I've kicked my eating problem, and I don't crave shitty food all the time anymore.So right now I'm 192 down from 222 at the start of the bet in the middle of January. At the heaviest I was at 240 last summer. I feel great and I can actually fit into all my XL shirts from college now. Also, I'm not sweating so much all the time. The bet has been really good for me.I'll post some before and after pics a little later.
Damn, good job! Now keep it up and don't gain it all back.As far as running goes I ran 5 miles last Friday with some major hills and 8 sunday which is the longest run of my life. I felt like I could have done more but didn't push it. I'm hoping to do a half marathon next month. Oh and 6 miles in my finger shoes, 2 barefoot. I'm loving the barefoot thing now that the weather is warm enough and hope to keep building miles barefoot as my feet allow. Keeping up with the weight training as well.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn, good job! Now keep it up and don't gain it all back.As far as running goes I ran 5 miles last Friday with some major hills and 8 sunday which is the longest run of my life. I felt like I could have done more but didn't push it. I'm hoping to do a half marathon next month. Oh and 6 miles in my finger shoes, 2 barefoot. I'm loving the barefoot thing now that the weather is warm enough and hope to keep building miles barefoot as my feet allow. Keeping up with the weight training as well.
Heh. I've always wanted to try on a pair of finger shoes. I'd croak in a half marathon, even if I was in really good shape.

Climbing 3-4 times a week. Still in the gym, but I am planning on getting my first outdoor experience sometime in the near future. Was just over having dinner at a friends house and we were going through all his Trad and sport climbing gear. Hopefully, we'll get to do a fun sport route soon as there are a few routes around here that are worth doing. In the gym I have been mainly bouldering around for the last month. I have an easy time with most V1's and have done a few V2's as well. Did my first V3 the other day so that was awesome!! Was told by another climbing partner of mine that I need to work the V1's as much as possible and to try and do static climbing so that each move is completed before I go to the next move. He said that if i could do that then I should be able to lead 5.8 ... which is where I would like to start.

• 1 month later...

I ran a half marathon this weekend. Took me 2 hrs and 25 min which isnt a great time but i finished it. I entered it whimsically just to see if I could do it. Didn't train for it. I definitely will for the next one though. I want to improve my time and also avoid the soreness that I'm experiencing now.

I ran a half marathon this weekend. Took me 2 hrs and 25 min which isnt a great time but i finished it. I entered it whimsically just to see if I could do it. Didn't train for it. I definitely will for the next one though. I want to improve my time and also avoid the soreness that I'm experiencing now.
Awesome work!This weekend we went out to do some sport climbing outside of Lone Pine (south of Bishop, CA) and I led a few 5.7's and some 5.8's. It was a totally different experience and I am hooked on it. It was the most fun I have had in a while. Good Times.
Awesome work!This weekend we went out to do some sport climbing outside of Lone Pine (south of Bishop, CA) and I led a few 5.7's and some 5.8's. It was a totally different experience and I am hooked on it. It was the most fun I have had in a while. Good Times.
Thx man!
  • 3 months later...

So I had really gained some wight back. I was back up to 230 and feeling fat. So a friend of mine and I were planning an awesome backpacking adventure. Well I managed to lose three pounds before we left over a month of training for the trip. Then over the week long trip, I managed to lose another 7 pounds so I got back to 220. My legs have been feeling super strong after all that hiking, so I started running again after the trip. Ran 3 miles the first day which was awesome. I also bought some 5 fingers. So I ran a mile in those as well. Muscles I didn't know about were sore after that, but I'm going to break them in again this week and see if I can maybe do 1.5 miles in them and then some extra running. Hopped on the scale this morning and was down to 218. I am hoping to be able to bring it all the way down to 200 by the end of the year. My plan is to keep running, hopefully 3x a week, and go to the climbing gym 3x a week. Basically be doing something active 6 days out of the week and have one day of rest. I also quit booze for October, so we'll see how that factors into everything.

I have been excercising daily for 8 months now(push ups, sit ups, leg raises walking). For the last 2.5 months I have been weighifting also 3 times a week in addition. I kinda hit a wall and cant increase my weight or my reps and have been concidering supplements to give me a push. Any recomendations for a pre-wprkout supplement to give a extra push during my weightlifting? Anyone with any expiriences with NO Explode?

• 1 month later...
I have been excercising daily for 8 months now(push ups, sit ups, leg raises walking). For the last 2.5 months I have been weighifting also 3 times a week in addition. I kinda hit a wall and cant increase my weight or my reps and have been concidering supplements to give me a push. Any recomendations for a pre-wprkout supplement to give a extra push during my weightlifting? Anyone with any expiriences with NO Explode?
Well I got a box of NO Explode NT and tried it last night before my workout. I waited for about 45 minutes after consuming before starting as recomended and for the first 15 minutes didnt feel any diffrence. Then I really started pushing it and had the best work out to date. It didnt make me lift heavier but I wasnt struggling on my third sets of my routine and felt like I could have even done a 4th set if I wanted to push it. I finished my usual 90 minute workout in 82 minutes and 2 hours after the workout had no muscle fatigue at all and it was like I didnt even workout. Only side effect was I felt a little hotter than normal and my boxers were soaked with ball sweat making it look like I pissed myslef lol. Good first expirience.
  • 2 weeks later...
Finally a Diet I can handle
(CNN) -- Twinkies. Nutty bars. Powdered donuts.For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds.But you might expect other indicators of health would have suffered. Not so.Haub's "bad" cholesterol, or LDL, dropped 20 percent and his "good" cholesterol, or HDL, increased by 20 percent. He reduced the level of triglycerides, which are a form of fat, by 39 percent."That's where the head scratching comes," Haub said. "What does that mean? Does that mean I'm healthier? Or does it mean how we define health from a biology standpoint, that we're missing something?"
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

so I'm guessing all you fat fucks died of heart attacks since there haven't been any posts in here since 2010. GOOD. HOPE IT HURT. FAT ASSES.so anyways, I've got to lose 10 pounds by next thursday. wouldn't be so bad if I were fat like all of you because it's easy to lose that much then. but I'm right about at my regular break even point here so it's really tough to lose additional weight at now, especially quickly. luckily we have a gym at work so I can run a bunch and then just not eat much. flex, bitches.also: girl talk's "all day" is probably the best album ever created for running. do it.

Why?
thought you'd never ask!yeah, we have these health assessments at work through our health insurance (we can get individual discounts but it's really so the company can get a cheaper rate, which ain't happening because 90% of these people are morbidly obese) and I'm currently overweight according to my BMI at 5'8" 165 lbs. stupid thing doesn't account for MASSIVE GUNS so I have to get really skinny. 155 gets me decently below the threshold, so that's what I'm shooting for.
I'm currently overweight according to my BMI at 5'8" 165 lbs. stupid thing doesn't account for MASSIVE GUNS so I have to get really skinny. 155 gets me decently below the threshold, so that's what I'm shooting for.
I hear Milk of Magnesia works well.I didn't know you were so short.Edit: Apparently I'm just barely overweight. They really need to fix that formula for MASSIVE GUNS.2nd Edit: Oh hey, you and I have the same BMI. High five!
I didn't know you were so short.
knew this was coming.I'm not short, I'm powerful. I can lift a hundred pounds right up over my head!
knew this was coming.I'm not short, I'm powerful. I can lift a hundred pounds right up over my head!
Pound for Pound the strongest sickie? I guess that is the way you have to look at it when you are legally a midget.

so it looks like I was misjudging the bmi calculations and apparently at 164 I'm right at the top level of "healthy" weight with a bmi of 24.9, so really, I only need to make sure I'm at 160 that morning to be comfortably in the zone. I get to eat this weekend! did run three fucking miles today though. god damn I hate running so much.