Official I Joined A Gym Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thursday - CardioFriday - DisassembleSaturday - ReassembleSunday- RestMonday - DisassembleTuesday - LungesWednesday - Reassemble
you know, it really wasn't all that difficult to put together in the end. really helped to have a decent ratchet set to get the bolts good and tight as opposed to the tools it came with, but even considering that, it was pretty damn simple.oh, and this thing is AWESOME. I love it already. comes highly recommended from me I gotta tell ya.

I made a bet with someone else today and I'm looking for more action if anyone is interested.I weighed in today at 222.4, and I have until March 29th to get to 192. I'm looking to be up to $300 on top of the bet I already have, also I can set up webcam and weigh in if you wanted me to.

I made a bet with someone else today and I'm looking for more action if anyone is interested.I weighed in today at 222.4, and I have until March 29th to get to 192. I'm looking to be up to $300 on top of the bet I already have, also I can set up webcam and weigh in if you wanted me to.
How old are you? Also, if it is March 15th and you are at 205 would you go on any kind of starvation type diet just to win the bet ... or is this just to get you motivated? I might be interested if it was some sort of you have to eat healthy and workout to get the weight loss. Of course if you are still in your early 20's I will probably not want to take this bet as your metabolism alone will get you down to this weight if you get on a regular workout program.One other question: If you weigh in at 192.1 who wins? Do you get all the way to 192.9?
How old are you? Also, if it is March 15th and you are at 205 would you go on any kind of starvation type diet just to win the bet ... or is this just to get you motivated? I might be interested if it was some sort of you have to eat healthy and workout to get the weight loss. Of course if you are still in your early 20's I will probably not want to take this bet as your metabolism alone will get you down to this weight if you get on a regular workout program.One other question: If you weigh in at 192.1 who wins? Do you get all the way to 192.9?
I'm 6'0 and 25 years old. I weighted in at 222.4, so 192.3 or under I would win.I would never go on a starvation diet. I'm not a wrestler or anything so I would be scared to do something like that. I'd be nervous of passing out or something.Advantages for me is that I used to be an athlete, I can handle the workouts I think. I'm a very lazy person so doing this every day has been the challenge for me. I used to be a swimmer and had to workout every single day, and once I quit it has been hard getting back into it. I like to eat and drink, so the diet is definitely going to be tough also.I was 175 and an athlete 3 years ago. Probably 6 months after quitting I have never been under 220, max 240.For working out I plan to run on a treadmill and swim for cardio. I will be trying to swim as much as possible, running every other day since I get shin splints. For other stuff situps, squats, and weights (mainly low weight lots of reps with a bench press).For eating, I will have a hard time because I love food. I don't know how much I'm going to change what I eat, but just eat a lot less in proportions. I'm also going to limit myself to drinking once a week. I'll be tracking my weight probably once a week, if I'm not showing enough progress I might seek help in trying different exercise routines or eating different kinds of foods. But again I'm not capable of starving myself.That's all the info I can think of.
I'm 6'0 and 25 years old. I weighted in at 222.4, so 192.3 or under I would win.I would never go on a starvation diet. I'm not a wrestler or anything so I would be scared to do something like that. I'd be nervous of passing out or something.Advantages for me is that I used to be an athlete, I can handle the workouts I think. I'm a very lazy person so doing this every day has been the challenge for me. I used to be a swimmer and had to workout every single day, and once I quit it has been hard getting back into it. I like to eat and drink, so the diet is definitely going to be tough also.I was 175 and an athlete 3 years ago. Probably 6 months after quitting I have never been under 220, max 240.For working out I plan to run on a treadmill and swim for cardio. I will be trying to swim as much as possible, running every other day since I get shin splints. For other stuff situps, squats, and weights (mainly low weight lots of reps with a bench press).For eating, I will have a hard time because I love food. I don't know how much I'm going to change what I eat, but just eat a lot less in proportions. I'm also going to limit myself to drinking once a week. I'll be tracking my weight probably once a week, if I'm not showing enough progress I might seek help in trying different exercise routines or eating different kinds of foods. But again I'm not capable of starving myself.That's all the info I can think of.
I think you will be able to do it. Just the fact that you are still 25 bodes will in your favor. Keep us posted in here on your progress.
Good luck and I might be able to help with the shin splints by changing how you run. If you're interested pm me. Also, plan your meals in advance and pack for the day if you want to stand a chance.
Good luck and I might be able to help with the shin splints by changing how you run. If you're interested pm me. Also, plan your meals in advance and pack for the day if you want to stand a chance.
Thanks. I think I'll be ok with the shin splints since I don't plan on running every day. I'm not a big fan of running anyways so if I did it every day instead of every other day I might go crazy. I plan on weighing in every Sunday, I'll post my progress.
  • 2 weeks later...

hey u all, it's been a long time since i've posted in this thread. been lurking thostill working out. gained some weight over the holidays, at around 206 now but also have been eating more protein and trying to bulk.i can bench about five to six reps at 245 now, so the chest is getting stronger. trying to run less now, so that i don't lose the muscle gains, keeping the heartrate at about 115 when doing cardio. basically just a brisk walk at about 3.5 miles/hr on the treadmill. still suck at squats. can only squat 175. however, i do go all the way down till i can no further and then back up. Full range of motion. deadlifts are hard on my lower back so i dont' do them much. i go to a chiropractor every 2 weeks for my lower back so i kind have an excuse here. maybe i should just do a light weight and higher reps for this exercise. Still not shredded and can't see the abs too much....... but looking ok... anyways, glad to see some of you are still working out. later boys.

Hey all. Alot of you know I switched to barefoot running about 4 months ago. A Harvard University professor just graced the cover of Nature this month with an explanation about why he feels barefoot running is likely better for you.Here's a video
link to the researchhttp://www.barefootrunning.fas.harvard.edu/index.html
Informative yet running barefoot is just asking for trouble.

Because he said so that's why :)So I started Rock Climbing to add to my running regiment. I've gone a few times in the climbing gym near my house and it is a really fun workout. I am looking forward to my first outdoor climb. I will probably just start with some bouldering and then work into helping some people lead climb before I finally try a lead all by myself.Any other rock climbers in here?

Because he said so that's why :)So I started Rock Climbing to add to my running regiment. I've gone a few times in the climbing gym near my house and it is a really fun workout. I am looking forward to my first outdoor climb. I will probably just start with some bouldering and then work into helping some people lead climb before I finally try a lead all by myself.Any other rock climbers in here?
I was just talking about it with a customer. The local gym has it and i'd love to try it but for now I really don't have the time and it's not worth joining just for that. There is a local park that has it that I plan to go to this spring though.
climbed for years, taught for a bunch, blend of indoor and out, mostly sportgood cross train for jiu jitsu i findIMG_4561.jpgIMG_4553.jpg
climbed for years, taught for a bunch, blend of indoor and out, mostly sportgood cross train for jiu jitsu i find
Umm, weird but the older I get the more I get a fear of heights. Not sure I could do that anymore but who knows. It doesn't look appealing, lol.
anyone heard from avsfan, i'm getting kinda worried.
Yeah, no word in a long while. Not sure what happened.
Umm, weird but the older I get the more I get a fear of heights. Not sure I could do that anymore but who knows. It doesn't look appealing, lol.
start indoor, i didn't even think about heights indoor, it gets a lot more real once you get outside, but inside its pretty mellowplus most places you can just boulder and not even worry too much about the heights and gear if you just want to get a good workout
start indoor, i didn't even think about heights indoor, it gets a lot more real once you get outside, but inside its pretty mellowplus most places you can just boulder and not even worry too much about the heights and gear if you just want to get a good workout
Good idea. This spring I'll try the outdoor park which isn't real high and go from there. I'm pretty obsessive about things so that will probably translate into eventually climbing the Himalyas, haha.
Good idea. This spring I'll try the outdoor park which isn't real high and go from there. I'm pretty obsessive about things so that will probably translate into eventually climbing the Himalyas, haha.
its a good habit to have, you get a great strength/weight ratio and something about your body knowing you are pulling its own weight up a rock seems to lean you up i findi've been climbing in the himilayas, trust me, if you have height issues you will not be going there
its a good habit to have, you get a great strength/weight ratio and something about your body knowing you are pulling its own weight up a rock seems to lean you up i findi've been climbing in the himilayas, trust me, if you have height issues you will not be going there
hahaha