Official I Joined A Gym Thread

forest is gonna get worked people, WORKED
yah, probably. Hopefully he gives himself a chance though and not get dominated. Played some more squash today and did some lat pull ups. A slack day.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok hockey...I got to...got to....

I haven't quit working out. I've been lifting at least three times a week this summer.
I think you should be doing a full body workout then. so....day 1; full body workout.day 2; restday 3; restday 4; rest(repeat)ok you need to be doin the same amount of sets and reps for every body parts.the order you will workout muscles;abslegschestbackshoulderstricepsbicepshere are the exercisesabs; Janda Sit up 3 sets of 20-30 reps example;
legs; 3 sets of deadlifts for 12-15 reposlegs; 3 sets of squats for 12-15 repschest; 3 sets of dumbbell press for 12-15 repsback; 3 sets of dumbbelll rows for 12-15 repsshoulders; 3 sets of standing dumbbell presses for 12-15 repsshoulders; 3 sets of dumbbell upright rows for 12-15 repstriceps; 3 sets of dips for 3-15 repsbiceps; 3 sets of hammer curls for 12-15 repsyou are doing too many useless exercises like flys and cable movements focus on the basics and work on grinding out the fundamentals and increase the weight.other tips; when you can perform all three sets for the max of the rep range 15 with excellent form increase your weight.If you can not perform all three sets for the minimum of your rep range of 12 decrease your weight next time.gl.

I did the Janda sit ups and planks for the first time last night. They hurt so good.First, I did a bike work out: 5 min warm up, 35 min (a lil over 10 miles), and 2 min cool down.

Trained judo today with a black belt from the Kodokan in Japan. Rolled tonight in my normal BJJ class for an hour.I've been keeping up with my 5x5, will post my numbers if people really want me to, otherwise I'm too lazy to open up my spreadsheet and post.

Ok hockey...I got to...got to....I think you should be doing a full body workout then. so....day 1; full body workout.day 2; restday 3; restday 4; rest(repeat)ok you need to be doin the same amount of sets and reps for every body parts.the order you will workout muscles;abslegschestbackshoulderstricepsbicepshere are the exercisesabs; Janda Sit up 3 sets of 20-30 reps example;
legs; 3 sets of deadlifts for 12-15 reposlegs; 3 sets of squats for 12-15 repschest; 3 sets of dumbbell press for 12-15 repsback; 3 sets of dumbbelll rows for 12-15 repsshoulders; 3 sets of standing dumbbell presses for 12-15 repsshoulders; 3 sets of dumbbell upright rows for 12-15 repstriceps; 3 sets of dips for 3-15 repsbiceps; 3 sets of hammer curls for 12-15 repsyou are doing too many useless exercises like flys and cable movements focus on the basics and work on grinding out the fundamentals and increase the weight.other tips; when you can perform all three sets for the max of the rep range 15 with excellent form increase your weight.If you can not perform all three sets for the minimum of your rep range of 12 decrease your weight next time.gl.
other thoughts;1.) you could also rest 2 or 3 days between full body workouts. Never do more than three full body workouts in a week.2.) You can vary the dumbbell exercises with there barbell equivalent.
Still sticking with my same workout. I can start to see some toning up of some muscles which is nice. Hopefully in the next month or so I will really start to see some results .. especially with the new leg routine (Thanks AVS!)
You are very welcome, :club:.

Blah, i just came in third in a FTP 10+1 tourny for 395 bucks. So wanted to win. first was 800. thought i'd post it here cause the win is too small, no one would care in gen poker.

So I have really been liking the workout that I have been doing. However, I read somewhere that you need to vary your workout every 2-4 months. Is this true? And if so, what are some other exercises that should be thrown in and what should be thrown out. My opinion is that no matter what I should always do Pullups, Pushups, Dead Lifts, and when I get strong enough Dips. However, there are tons of exercises that you can do in addition to these. Is this the right thinking? And how often should you vary your workout?Thanks!

So I have really been liking the workout that I have been doing. However, I read somewhere that you need to vary your workout every 2-4 months. Is this true? And if so, what are some other exercises that should be thrown in and what should be thrown out. My opinion is that no matter what I should always do Pullups, Pushups, Dead Lifts, and when I get strong enough Dips. However, there are tons of exercises that you can do in addition to these. Is this the right thinking? And how often should you vary your workout?Thanks!
You can vary your workout by changing the set to rep ratio, decreasing rest time, super setting, etc with the same exercises and still continue to grow and increase your strength. The reason why beginning and intermediate programs like Stronglifts 5x5 work so well while only using a small number of exercises is that it utilizes progressive loading.You are right in thinking that those core exercises should be included in your workout. Don't forget to add Squats and picking up something heavy and lifting it over your head ala OH Press (which in my opinion is superior to bench press).
I got my gi in the mail today, Bob sapp came over today to borrow it, says it fits perfect
lol
Wash with warm water, dry on regular heat setting checking every 10-15 mins until its shrunk to fit.
sorry socal but I doubt that this is going to work if the gi is indeed way too large.
lolsorry socal but I doubt that this is going to work if the gi is indeed way too large.
The gi I just bought shrunk a full size and fits perfectly now doing what I suggested. I didn't say it was going to be tailor fit, but it should be manageable for training. Grinder,Is it the HCK? Just ship it back. If pants are too huge but the top is right, you can contact the manufacturer directly and place a custom order.
The gi I just bought shrunk a full size and fits perfectly now doing what I suggested. I didn't say it was going to be tailor fit, but it should be manageable for training. Grinder,Is it the HCK? Just ship it back. If pants are too huge but the top is right, you can contact the manufacturer directly and place a custom order.
yah, im sure one size wouldn't be too bad. Just that Bob Sapp's a huge dude (350 lbs? or so) , altho i'm sure grinder is exaggerating, if the gi is say three sizes too big, it prob can't shrink that much. anyways, lazy day for me today, played some squash with the wife then swam a bit in my pool, then went for a massage. going to play Glen Abbey tomorrow, where they held the Canadian Open PGA Tour golf tournament last week. First time ever playing a course of that caliber, only because I got a couple of gift certificates, should be interesting.

I made a rare Friday gym trip. Nothing over the weekend, except softball (great workout there, ha) over the weekend. Oh, and lots of drinking and eating.Plan to go today.

Took my rest day on Thursday, but that turned into a double rest day as Friday I decided to do some drinking. However, I got back to the gym on Saturday and did Back and Chest. I can now do 7 pullups! I did three sets max of that start with 7, then 5, then 4. I am hoping to be able to get to 20 eventually but I am stoked that I can do 2 more than when I started.Sunday afternoon was leg day and since it was my fourth leg workout since AVS set me up on adding legs I decided to try to add some weight. I had been squatting 95 and deadlifting 95 which had been good to try to make sure my form was good and to get myself back into it. Felt good yesterday so I slapped on 135 and powered out 3 sets of 10 for squats and deadlifts. Legs are a little sore today, but that is a good thing.

I made a rare Friday gym trip. Nothing over the weekend, except softball (great workout there, ha) over the weekend. Oh, and lots of drinking and eating.Plan to go today.
me too, what a fun weekend. too bad it's almost over. back to reality soon.

went for a 4 hour bike ride up the flank trail, first real epic of the year and my ass hurts like hell today so i'm just going to sit in the sun and drink caesers today