My 3rd hand at the table...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Button ($41.50)Hero ($48.75)BB ($37.40)UTG ($12.30)MP ($47.75)CO ($15.15)Preflop: Hero is SB with ks.gif, ac.gif. 2 folds, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.5, 1 fold, CO folds, Button calls $2.Flop: ($6) qh.gif, ad.gif, 2h.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $2, Hero raises to $5, Button calls $3.Turn: ($16) 8d.gif(2 players)Hero bets $9, Button calls $9.River: ($34) 6s.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $25 (All-In),Final Pot: $59Thoughts?

Why did you c/r the flop?Without a read, i don't really see what you're trying to acomplish by attempting a check/raise, i think you get more value by just betting out here.Once you played the flop like you did, i'd bet more on the turn because i don't think he's going to fold any hands for $4 more after calling the flop raise.I have a feeling this is an oddly played AJ by the villain...

Bigger bets on each street. Including pf. I raise it up to $3.5 pf, then bet out flop hard, I'd call a shove because it could be AJ or hearts and is more often than it is AQ or set. If called I'd be betting enough on the turn to commit me, most likely.That C/R is horrible because it creates no fold equity, kind of turns your hand face up, and bloats a pot out of position. Generally I'm not C/R here unless I'm against an aggro player that makes real bets, $2 into $7 isn't a great spot to C/R. I'd rather lead/lead/lead than go for C/R. But I'm very aggro when I play and get called light because of it.When playing OOP preflop I want to charge the people who have worse hands than me quite a bit, $2.5 is 5xbb, but that's less than I'd open with IN position, standard opening should be 4xbb +1 for each limper, you have 2 limpers and are out of position so I think it should be up to 7-8xbb.

... because?
If you're checkraising the flop you need to price out draws. You're making him call $3 into $13, with some decent implied odds if he catches 2 pair, a straight or a flush.Actually, given that your hand is quite transparent I don't mind the smallish turn bet.Bet/folding the river is better than check/calling because there's little in his range for him to bluff with but a lot for him to call with.
If you're checkraising the flop you need to price out draws. You're making him call $3 into $13, with some decent implied odds if he catches 2 pair, a straight or a flush.Actually, given that your hand is quite transparent I don't mind the smallish turn bet.Bet/folding the river is better than check/calling because there's little in his range for him to bluff with but a lot for him to call with.
Heart draws...? KJd? I'm more likely to put him on that or a Q. And what else is he gonna call a 3rd barrel with? MAAAAAAAAAAYBE AJ. If he's competent he won't be calling a shove with AJThere are times where you should be value checking, I don't think this is one of them. Our hand is a little too strong for that. I would play AJ this way (betting bigger on every street too)At 50 NL where people will call with any ace I agree this is a bet, but I'm not sure about at even 200 NL where people play so tight and can fold AJ.
I hate the flop c/r, bet sizing included.The turn bet size is too small.Just shove the river if you're gonna play the hand like this.
Bet the flop, and do not check the river as played, just shove.I guess if you think he's capable of bluff shoving, you could instacheck/call his river shove to get value out of a missed draw.
Errrmmm...For some reason I thought the river was a heart. Go figure.
I can see where that's coming from

Hard to laydown as backwards as you have played this. Any ace will shove here, thinking they are best even if they do not have 2pair. They might even think KQ is good here. Call and hope because it is 50/50 that you have the best hand. BTW, you are also getting over 2 to 1 so that more or less makes it an insta call without a draw completed or paired board.

Unless Villain is total aggro idiot, then don't play AK like this. I bet he had A6, right?
I bet it doesn't matter what he had, right?The hand was still icky.