Dana Jacobson

Apparently, Dana Jacobson made some inappropriate comments at the celebrity roast of Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic of "Mike & Mike in the Morning" fame. For these comments she has reportedly been suspended a week from ESPN First Take. I have two problems with this:1) It's a f***ing celebrity roast, the point is to get raunchy. It's like going to an "all you can eat" buffet and being disgusted by the gluttonous behavior. 2) The comments she is being suspended for relate to making fun of Notre Dame and "Touchdown Jesus". First of all, religious colleges should not be held to different standard than state colleges. Secondly, you have a character known as Touchdown f***ing Jesus, but, of course, what Christian would be offended by a 50 ft. tall image of their God used as an idol to help a football team win? (sw)In summary, f*** you ESPN. Jacobson did nothing wrong.

ESPN don't play, they run that place like Nazi Germany, or The Corleone Family. Never speak out against the family. Simmons writes about it all the time and I've seen Kornheiser get suspended, Bob Ryan (although he deserved it when he said he wanted to slap JKidd's wife, which as it turns out, she deserved) Jason Whitlock, etc.

Notre Dame is a catholic school.
ummmmm, we already knew this
Isn't Golic a Notre Dame alum????
yes and I'm sure this was the reason she said those thingsall-in-all it was a roast, and I believe people are overreacting...and this is coming from a Catholic
Shit, I thought this thing was on TV. If it was just a private roast why the fuck would ESPN suspend her? Its not like she said anything bad about Duke or Dick Vitale.
Whats wrong with Dickie V? I hate watching college ball without him.

I was waiting for something to happen...My Girlfriend and I attended the Roast and we were both pretty shocked at the way she acted....Now don't get me wrong, this was a Roast so pretty much anything and anyone can be fair game...That being said though, it's the manner in which you act that can change how what you're saying or doing, is perceived...She was HAMMERED and was just yelling total nonsense right in Charlie Weiss' face...Mike and Mike weren't even laughing they were hiding their faces in their hands...She wasn't being funny one bit....She just flat out embarrased herself....I can safely say that 99% of the people in attendence were even embarrased for her...I really think she does a good job on First Take and hope she doesn't get let go somewhere down the road because of this....btw...Jefferey Ross was HILARIOUS !!!Dan

I like her even more now.
Damn, beat me to it!I'm sure it was embarrassing to be her that night, but I think the "reaction" is ridiculous.If she was up there as trashed as she was, then I probably would've walked the poor woman off the stage as soon as she started crossing the line. Lie her down and bring on the next guest. Since that didn't happen, what do you expect a trashed woman to do? I'm surprised that wasn't all she said. In lieu of the event, though, it is nothing but political bs that is happening. The Catholic League is getting involved? Screw all of them.
I was waiting for something to happen...My Girlfriend and I attended the Roast and we were both pretty shocked at the way she acted....Now don't get me wrong, this was a Roast so pretty much anything and anyone can be fair game...That being said though, it's the manner in which you act that can change how what you're saying or doing, is perceived...She was HAMMERED and was just yelling total nonsense right in Charlie Weiss' face...Mike and Mike weren't even laughing they were hiding their faces in their hands...She wasn't being funny one bit....She just flat out embarrased herself....I can safely say that 99% of the people in attendence were even embarrased for her...I really think she does a good job on First Take and hope she doesn't get let go somewhere down the road because of this....btw...Jefferey Ross was HILARIOUS !!!Dan
Nice...first hand reporting on FCP of a roast. This community stretches wider than Lisa Lampanelli's slit.See what I did there?I saw the Jeffrey Ross piece and that guy is the PIMP of roasts. Pure genius.
Thanks for the report, and congratulations on getting to see it, I'm sure it was an experience.It sounds like it wouldn't have been an issue if she had been funny, but not everyone can be Jeff Ross. Also, f*** the catholic League, so worthless that I won't even capitalize "catholic". Uh oh, maybe they'll see this post and I'll get suspended for a week from the forum. (because that wasn't funny)

I have mixed feelings on the whole situation. I like Dana Jacobsen. I think she does a good job. I think she's hot. The thought of her drunk makes me laugh. But, as I Christian, I don't like the last comment. I could care less about the F Notre Dame (I feel the same way, myself), I could care less about the F touchdown Jesus (if Notre Dame really wanted to be taken seriously as a catholic/christian school they should not even have such a ludicrous thing). But, the F Jesus can be offensive. I mean, I'm sure Jesus has had worse things said about Him, so I'm not sure if He minded so much, but there are lines that one should not cross. Roast or not, saying F Jesus was wrong. I also think it would've been wrong if she said F Muhammed, or F Moses, or F Buddha, or F L. Ron Hubbard(well, this one might have been acceptable...jk). But, she was drunk and just trying to have a good time, so I don't think she should be crucified for this, no pun intended.

I have mixed feelings on the whole situation. I like Dana Jacobsen. I think she does a good job. I think she's hot. The thought of her drunk makes me laugh. But, as I Christian, I don't like the last comment. I could care less about the F Notre Dame (I feel the same way, myself), I could care less about the F touchdown Jesus (if Notre Dame really wanted to be taken seriously as a catholic/christian school they should not even have such a ludicrous thing). But, the F Jesus can be offensive. I mean, I'm sure Jesus has had worse things said about Him, so I'm not sure if He minded so much, but there are lines that one should not cross. Roast or not, saying F Jesus was wrong. I also think it would've been wrong if she said F Muhammed, or F Moses, or F Buddha, or F L. Ron Hubbard(well, this one might have been acceptable...jk). But, she was drunk and just trying to have a good time, so I don't think she should be crucified for this, no pun intended.
Wait a minute. As a true christian are you seriously saying out of all of the things that are said at a roast the only thing you have a problem with is "F Jesus"? So you hold some commandments in higher regard than others (in this case #3>#2). What a warped world us atheists are forced to live in.
Also, f*** the catholic League, so worthless that I won't even capitalize "catholic".
Has there ever been a more true statement? The fact that the parishioners didn't burn all of those f*cking child molesting priests at the stake speaks volumes about their wicked sense of entitlement.
Wait a minute. As a true christian are you seriously saying out of all of the things that are said at a roast the only thing you have a problem with is "F Jesus"? So you hold some commandments in higher regard than others (in this case #3>#2). What a warped world us atheists are forced to live in.Has there ever been a more true statement? The fact that the parishioners didn't burn all of those f*cking child molesting priests at the stake speaks volumes about their wicked sense of entitlement.
I don't higher some commandments in higher regard than others, some things just offend easier than others. Lol. I actually think us Christians get offended too easily. I personally never saw the big deal of the Da Vinci Code. I mean it was a movie. Tom Hanks and Dan Brown aren't going to knock God of His Throne. But, "F Jesus" come on...that's a low blow. I'm actually more offended that Notre Dame has a "touchdown Jesus" than I am of Dana saying F him.
Wait a minute. As a true christian are you seriously saying out of all of the things that are said at a roast the only thing you have a problem with is "F Jesus"? So you hold some commandments in higher regard than others (in this case #3>#2). What a warped world us atheists are forced to live in.Has there ever been a more true statement? The fact that the parishioners didn't burn all of those f*cking child molesting priests at the stake speaks volumes about their wicked sense of entitlement.
No one is forcing you to live in this world, sir. Feel free to hack at your wrists whenever you feel like it.