Super Tuesday Feb 5th

Can someone plz inform us extremely unpolitical savvy why Hillary is so bad?!? N why Obama is so goot?!?
On policy issues, Hillary and Obama are almost identical. One difference is that Hillary has a mandate that everyone sign up for her universal health care, and Obama has universal health care plans as well, but he only mandates that children get it. Hillary's kind of health care has been tried on a state level and few times, especially in Mitt Romney's Massachusetts. In Mass. you either paid for the health care or you were fined or taxed for it anyway. Hillary has never made a point on how she is going to make those that don't want health care pay for it anyway. That's the only glaring difference between the two on issues. I guess you could give the experience title to Hillary, if you count First Lady as experience.The key difference is that Hillary is determined to fight the Republicans, Obama has been banking on his unity factor. I don't see how Hillary can bring the GOP and Dems together the way someone like Obama or McCain could.But that's my opinion.And I live in Tennessee, Hillary has it locked up here.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's made major strides in California thanks to the support of Kennedy, and then more recently Shriver. He's closed the gap significantly.
I know that he's closed the gap significantly but that state is still most likely going to hillary. It is great for Obama that he has closed the gap since he'll gain a significant amount of delegates.
I believe it should be closed 4 hours ago... imo... exit polls are gonna let anyone know who wins each state... etc.
Ok then, closed now. GLHere's my picks, if anyone beats me then 2nd and 3rd payout as well. ($25 & $10)Obama 13AlabamaAlaskaCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutGeorgiaIdahoIllinoisKansasMinnesotaMissouri North Dakota UtahClinton 9ArizonaArkansasDelawareMassachusettsNew Jersey New MexicoNew YorkOklahomaTennessee

Hilary's experience - I was struck this morning while watching Today show, how if everyone thinks that Hilary has the experience required to be pres due to her being married to Bill, then a better candidate could be said to be -Andrea Mitchel- she's married to Alan Greenspan, so certainly understands macro/micro economics as well as anyone- has been a reporter for 30 years or so, covering all kinds of international issues, interviewing all the great, important foreign leaders, thus carrying plenty of foreign policy experience- better looking than HilaryJ

Thanks for the responses guys. it makes it easier than looking up information on google or where ever that is bound to be biased neways. I'm just pretty set that I want a Demi in office this time around. I can't stand some of the actions bush has taken and i've always had more of a liberial approach even tho I am christian.

Hilary's experience - I was struck this morning while watching Today show, how if everyone thinks that Hilary has the experience required to be pres due to her being married to Bill, then a better candidate could be said to be -Andrea Mitchel- she's married to Alan Greenspan, so certainly understands macro/micro economics as well as anyone- has been a reporter for 30 years or so, covering all kinds of international issues, interviewing all the great, important foreign leaders, thus carrying plenty of foreign policy experience- better looking than HilaryJ
She (Hilldog) has been in politics way before she was the First Lady. I love how people, not you personally, think that her only experience is being a wife of a President. Hell the woman worked for Nixon! A simple search finds a lot more info then, she was a Presidents bitch.GO OBAMA
Alabama- ObamaAlaska- ObamaArizona- ClintonArkansas- ClintonCalifornia- ObamaColorado- ObamaConnecticut- ObamaDelaware-ObamaGeorgia- ObamaIdaho- ObamaIllinois- ObamaKansas- ObamaMassachusetts- ClintonMinnesota- ObamaMissouri- Clinton New Jersey- ClintonNew Mexico- ObamaNew York- ClintonNorth Dakota- ObamaOklahoma- ClintonTennessee- ClintonUtah- ObamaObama with 14 Clinton 8
The only one batting 1.000 so far. Craziness is going to have to happen for you to lose my friend.
She (Hilldog) has been in politics way before she was the First Lady. I love how people, not you personally, think that her only experience is being a wife of a President. Hell the woman worked for Nixon! A simple search finds a lot more info then, she was a Presidents bitch.GO OBAMA
no offense taken..a simple google search of "hillary experience" turns up a full first page decrying her experience as anything good..the one that seemed most professional, I have quoted a portion of here - Those are the meaningful distinctions in the Democratic field, not Mrs. Clinton’s spurious claim to “35 years of experience.” The Democrats with the greatest Washington expertise — Joe Biden, Chris Dodd and Bill Richardson — have already been driven from the race. And the presidential candidate left standing with the greatest experience by far is Mr. McCain; if Mrs. Clinton believes that’s the criterion for selecting the next president, she might consider backing him.To put it another way, think which politician is most experienced today in the classic sense, and thus — according to the “experience” camp — best qualified to become the next president.That’s Dick Cheney. And I rest my case.You are invited to comment on this column at Mr. Kristof’s blog, www.nytimes.com/ontheground.
no offense taken..a simple google search of "hillary experience" turns up a full first page decrying her experience as anything good..the one that seemed most professional, I have quoted a portion of here - Those are the meaningful distinctions in the Democratic field, not Mrs. Clinton’s spurious claim to “35 years of experience.” The Democrats with the greatest Washington expertise — Joe Biden, Chris Dodd and Bill Richardson — have already been driven from the race. And the presidential candidate left standing with the greatest experience by far is Mr. McCain; if Mrs. Clinton believes that’s the criterion for selecting the next president, she might consider backing him.To put it another way, think which politician is most experienced today in the classic sense, and thus — according to the “experience” camp — best qualified to become the next president.That’s Dick Cheney. And I rest my case.You are invited to comment on this column at Mr. Kristof’s blog, www.nytimes.com/ontheground.
good pointheh /cheney voice
Getting it from herehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7229587.stmUpdateObamaGeorgia, Illinois, Delaware, Alabama , Utah, North DakotaClintonOklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey 10/12 They are only projections so it could change (maybe).
if thats the case. I have DE wrong, that is it.I did NOT see DE going to Obama. I am still hoping Obama will pull off the comeback in CAOh, and as for MN. I will be SHOCKED!!! if Obama wins there. My politician buddy at the UofM (big Obama fan) says things are looking bleak for him in MN
if thats the case. I have DE wrong, that is it.I did NOT see DE going to Obama. I am still hoping Obama will pull off the comeback in CAOh, and as for MN. I will be SHOCKED!!! if Obama wins there. My politician buddy at the UofM (big Obama fan) says things are looking bleak for him in MN
Yes you are. Some have already called MN, so far 64% Obama, 34% Hillary. Connecticut is a good win for Obama tonight, NJ and Mass are good holds for Hillary.The most interesting stat is that Obama is looking to pull 40% of the vote in New York, that could be a bellwether for California being really close. If Obama can win that, it will be fun to watch the Clinton spin machine work.
Yes you are. Some have already called MN, so far 64% Obama, 34% Hillary. Connecticut is a good win for Obama tonight, NJ and Mass are good holds for Hillary.The most interesting stat is that Obama is looking to pull 40% of the vote in New York, that could be a bellwether for California being really close. If Obama can win that, it will be fun to watch the Clinton spin machine work.
shows what kind of politics students they have in MN. blehgogoogoooo cali
shows what kind of politics students they have in MN. blehgogoogoooo cali
I'd say the delegates are going to be split 800 to Obama and 800 to Clinton, but California is crucial for momentum. It's been 40 years since California has even mattered at all.