Official Detroit Red Wings Thread

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Val out 6-8 weeks with a broken wrist thanks to I believe Brule. Weeeeee
i had to check the sites to figure out who Val is...Its a little gay to call players by their nickname when we dont know who it is..Penguinos do that usually, and I never know who they are talking about... :club:
i had to check the sites to figure out who Val is...Its a little gay to call players by their nickname when we dont know who it is..Penguinos do that usually, and I never know who they are talking about... :club:
Sorry, habit. Plus I can never spell his last name correctly so I just posted Val. No one reads this thread anyway so I posted it for my own amusement.
Sorry, habit. Plus I can never spell his last name correctly so I just posted Val. No one reads this thread anyway so I posted it for my own amusement.
I read it Steve. Keep up the great work!Start posting better stuff though, my fantasy teams are taking a beating from these news items out of the Wings locker room.
I read it Steve. Keep up the great work!Start posting better stuff though, my fantasy teams are taking a beating from these news items out of the Wings locker room.
Sadly there is just little to no coverage of the wings here in Detroit. That seems odd to me. Just little blurbs here and there. I usually learn everything in the 30 minute pre-game show. Talk radio has been discussing the Lions all week. The 1-5 crappy Lions who do nothing. Not the Wings who are clearly the most successful sports franchise in this cockknobbin city.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well add Hank to the pile. Ugh. At was hoping that since he drove himself to the hospital after the game last night that he would be out maybe Saturday and that was it. Now gone at least 2-3 weeks. Helm returns Saturday? Yay? Meh.Amazingly though the scrubs (Eaves, Newbury, Miller, Drapes, Meech and yes Bertuzzi lol) have been adding some goals and I think they have won now 4 straight. (also big thanks to Jimmy Howard who has really impressed me.)Just need to keep around the 7-10th spot in the West till the end of Jan. or so when pretty much everyone but Franzen will be back.But I seriously don't see up winning a cup this year. With all of the injuries a second round exit will be good enough for me. I actually like seeing all the young kids up and hope Mursack gets the call today to replace Hank.

How about Miller's goal the other night? How sick was his hand-eye on that one?
I love Miller's hustle. Think he could be a nice third liner, and I love how he plays.
How is Abdelkader developing?
He's getting second line time which was with Hank, but we'll see where he plays now. Definitely getting better, think he'll prolly max as a 50 point per year guy.
how about bertuzzi?STEVE? ANSWER US STEVE.
Big surprise to me at least, given his last stint in Detroit. I still don't think he fits well in the system but I'll take him for sure now with all the injuries and the fact he's hot.
  • 1 month later...

10 NHL scouts at last nights game vs the Sharks. Sounds like the Wings are trying to trade Williams. At least he got a goal. Should happen today to help make room for Andres Liljia who is doing well and looks to be coming back Saturday.

• 1 month later...

peaking at the right time. howard has been great and the offense has been producing well. my only concern is the amount of giveaways, but hopefully we can correct that. i think we match up well with vancouver and phoenix, less so with chicago, so it will be interesting to see who we'll play in the 1st round.

I am not worried about Chicago. I would love to see them 1st round.
although id love to play them first round cuz then we would probably make the conf. finals but id almost rather see them get beat up on in the first round and play them later on if we move on