Official Detroit Red Wings Thread

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more justin abdelkader, less jason williams plz. kid is gonna be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, what do you think about Ken Daniels?He's on HockeyCentral talking about how the 4th line is as good now as it was in the early 2000s when it was Larionov, Robitaille, and Holmstrom because Drew Miller and Justin Abdelkader wear the same numbers as the first two. LOL. Is he as stupid as he sounds?

Steve, what do you think about Ken Daniels?He's on HockeyCentral talking about how the 4th line is as good now as it was in the early 2000s when it was Larionov, Robitaille, and Holmstrom because Drew Miller and Justin Abdelkader wear the same numbers as the first two. LOL. Is he as stupid as he sounds?
I think he has worked so long now with Mickey that he is drowning in the kool-aid. I can tolerate him but I am not a big fan. Good to see he goes on other shows and embarrasses himself though.
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader...Discuss...Positives, negatives, projections..Both guys on my farm, not sure which one or neither , should i call up.

Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader...Discuss...Positives, negatives, projections..Both guys on my farm, not sure which one or neither , should i call up.
Here is the best way I think I can put this...Abdelkader and Helm are the future Draper and Maltby of the Wings. Though some around here think they are both 30+ goal guys. They are 3rd/4th line energy guys. They both hit a ton and have speed but neither has shown a consistent scoring touch. Helm was the 3rd line center but now he is not for 2 reasons. One, because Modano is here and two, because he lost that job before Modano got here with his sub par play last year. Both will be on the 4th line if they make the starting lineup. Both will work the penalty kill.Both get less than 12 goals.
Here is the best way I think I can put this...Abdelkader and Helm are the future Draper and Maltby of the Wings. Though some around here think they are both 30+ goal guys. They are 3rd/4th line energy guys. They both hit a ton and have speed but neither has shown a consistent scoring touch. Helm was the 3rd line center but now he is not for 2 reasons. One, because Modano is here and two, because he lost that job before Modano got here with his sub par play last year. Both will be on the 4th line if they make the starting lineup. Both will work the penalty kill.Both get less than 12 goals.
Thanks but I like the prediciton that they are both 30 plus goal guys better :club:

Someone came into my office before I could finish.I just don't expect much from these two. They will lead the team in hits, Abs will probably lead the team in fights. If I had to guess, our 4th line at the start of the season is Eaves/Helm/Abs. I don't think fantasywise, especially AHL/FCHL wise, that they are good choices. I have Abdelkader on my farm and I have no plans to bring him up anytime soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have no clue. I see him on the score sheet a lot so I wouldn't mind seeing him jump in the 4th line maybe, taking Eaves spot to see what is up. But the Wings don't get talked about AT ALL here during the preseason and not one game has been shown so I have yet to see any of the kids play. Sunday will be my first chance when I go see them play the Pens.

Unfortunately I have no clue. I see him on the score sheet a lot so I wouldn't mind seeing him jump in the 4th line maybe, taking Eaves spot to see what is up. But the Wings don't get talked about AT ALL here during the preseason and not one game has been shown so I have yet to see any of the kids play. Sunday will be my first chance when I go see them play the Pens.
tonights games on CBC..I am assuming you get it
tonights games on CBC..I am assuming you get it
that is a good question actually. New cable provider and since I got it after hockey season I never checked. I sure hope so!
Alright. Taking serge's queue and taking this win as a sign that we will be meeting the Leafs in the Cup Finals! w00000t! ;P
We promise to hold our end of the bargain..i like the Red Wings..Even though we are a rival..Do you remember game 7 and Nikolai Borchevsky??
  • 2 weeks later...

Classy move by the Wings todaySection 112, Row 7, Seat 5 is now orange in honor of Kenneth Rucker, the "Orange Hat Guy." seat.jpgKenneth was a fixture in the Joe for as long as I can remember. Wings season ticket holder since 1972. He wore and orange hat and around 2002 they would put him up on the big screen and say "Hey, there is Orange Hat Guy!."He died this past week at 63.ohg.jpg

I don't know what is more awesome - wearing an orange hat for 38 years, being known for wearing an orange hat, or what the Wings did for him. Hopefully the ticket license gets purchased/transferred to a family member.