Donked This Hand Up Pretty Bad..

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t1445)SB (t1470)BB (t2645)UTG (t1165)UTG+1 (t1420)MP1 (t2010)MP2 (t1905)Hero (t1440)Preflop: Hero is CO with Jclub.gif, Jdiamond.gif. UTG calls t50, 3 folds, Hero raises to t200, 1 fold, SB calls t175, 1 fold, UTG calls t150.Flop: (t650) 8spade.gif, 5club.gif, Kheart.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t400, SB folds, UTG raises to t965, Hero calls t565.Turn: (t2580) 9heart.gif(2 players)River: (t2580) Aspade.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t2580Raise more preflop, bet less on the flop?

Am I not too priced in to fold? I had most of my stack in there.
Priced in to hit a two outer? I doubt it. When there's an overcard to your PP on board, you're raised preflop and got two callers (UTG/SB) at an 8 player table, you have to figure the chances one of them has a K or a pair of 8s is decent. What if they don't have a K? How many hands are going to call a bet of half the pot from you? Very few. So, bet 300-325, and fold to a reraise. The pot is big and you have a small hand (underpair) against two opponents. I would make the exact same bet if I had a hand like AK, KK, KQ, 88, etc. Or give up immediately.Check behind and hope you make it to showdown cheap /hit a jack.I make the same raise preflop (200) most of the time.
Priced in to hit a two outer? I doubt it. When there's an overcard to your PP on board, you're raised preflop and got two callers (UTG/SB) at an 8 player table, you have to figure the chances one of them has a K or a pair of 8s is decent. What if they don't have a K? How many hands are going to call a bet of half the pot from you? Very few. So, bet 300-325, and fold to a reraise. The pot is big and you have a small hand (underpair) against two opponents. I would make the exact same bet if I had a hand like AK, KK, KQ, 88, etc. Or give up immediately.Check behind and hope you make it to showdown cheap /hit a jack.I make the same raise preflop (200) most of the time.
One thing I didn't mention that is noteworthy is that I had seen the check-raiser limp in EP twice and show down weak aces both times. He had limped many more times though so his EP limping range is wider than weak aces. The question about my preflop raise ties into this as I am wondering if I should be charging him more to see a flop?

I like preflop.I want to say check behind on the flop, but with $650 in there and only $965 behind you don't want to second guess yourself on the turn. I like how you played it.lol @ the idea of folding JJ here getting ~4:1. You can't fold getting those odds.

You could jam the flop or check behind. Either way, butthead villain is likely calling you down (if he hit a K or if he's a serious donk and still thinks his Ax is good...) and it seems unlikely that a bigger pf bet would have got him off his hand...I don't think you donked it up. Rather, it's your opponent who stunk it up and got lucky...

I'd lead for less on the flop. It's not a draw-heavy board, so you don't have to worry about pricing out draws, and you have 2 opponents who called your raise PF with a dangerous overcard on the board. You're either way ahead or way behind now, so there is no need to lead for as much as 400 here. The problem is this: any reasonable CB here will price you into the hand if UTG comes over the top, so you have to ask yourself whether you are prepared to go to war with your JJ here. If so, the bet size doesn't matter that much; if not, the better play might actually be to check the flop to give yourself an escape. Might be a bit on the passive side, but this is a dangerous spot for JJ.