Play Better When I'm Paying Less Attention

I took a pretty solid break from poker for a while and since I came back i have noticed what i consider a pretty disturbing trend. I have a consistently higher win rate when I am paying less attention to specific players and their actions. When I am paying less attention to specific players I might be getting more into the flow of the game and just moving along. maybe I am trying to get too fancy against specific players. This is at a 2/4 NL cash game(max buy in of 200). thoughts?

200 max is pretty low for a 2/4 game, so i'm guessing when you are paying attention, you decide to get creative on a player, but without a ton of money behind them, they aren't going to wait for a better spot as much.Consider a standard table at 2/4, where the max buy in is $400, when you see a player sit down with $200, you tend to think they're going to wait for a hand and go for the double up, or big pot, alot harder to get creative on them.Another thing is you could be trying to convince yourself that you are spotting weakness, and going for it. So in reality there could be nothing there, but since you're forcing yourself so much attention to them, you convince yourself you spot weakness, I do that too alot.

I took a pretty solid break from poker for a while and since I came back i have noticed what i consider a pretty disturbing trend. I have a consistently higher win rate when I am paying less attention to specific players and their actions. When I am paying less attention to specific players I might be getting more into the flow of the game and just moving along. maybe I am trying to get too fancy against specific players. This is at a 2/4 NL cash game(max buy in of 200). thoughts?
Either you are overthinking your game or you're one of those people who claim they can drive better when they are drunk too.
There is a line between solid play based on all the input available and "fancy play"What factory were you paying the most attention to and how would you draw conclusions from the information gathered?

Like said before me, You're over thinking. When you're "Paying too much attention" you are only concerned with making the right play. Your brain thinks more than you realize. If you have a gut feeling on a really tough hand maybe your brain is noticing something that your eyes don't see. Also as a second answer, your opponent notices that you are only making 'by the book' plays. He'll take advantage of this any chance he gets. If you're folding everytime you have middle pair he'll raise the pot with nothing. Trust your instincts, they are there for a reason.

i sometimes play alot better in tournaments when i'm watching TV or something, i found this is mainly because when i'm paying too much attention i want to play hands more. I'll notice an aggressive guy raising and try to make a play on him or something with a hand like K-10, which sometimes can get me into trouble. Where is if i'm watching tv at the same time, then look at K-10 and he raises...i fold :)This is mainly because its low stakes, where you need to play ABC and not get fancy. And i get fancy when i pay more attention.

you're not good at reading tells, or betting patterns.Its harsh for me to say, but some people just suck at that. Also, i'm sure you're playinjg too many hands due to boredom and that results in loose play.Loose and aggressive are different, and if you're too loose for your post flop skill level, you will lose.