CO is weak. MP1 is tight, conservative, and cocky. No read on BB.I could be ahead on the flop, and the turn is a pure bluff. How's it look?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($11.95)UTG+1 ($10.60)MP1 ($2.05)MP2 ($13.25)Hero ($10.20)CO ($7.45)Button ($3.90)SB ($13.45)BB ($15.50)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2 :D , 2 :D . 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.3, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.20.Flop: ($1.05) 8 :) , 8 :D , 3 :club:(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.75, CO folds, BB calls $0.75.Turn: ($2.55) 3 :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.5, BB calls $1.50.River: ($5.55) 6 :)(2 players)BB bets $10.9, Hero folds.Final Pot: $5.55

Ick. I'm not sure if I like bluffing the turn here. No read, he's gotta be calling with something that won't go away IMO.He either has an 8 or 66. I'd be willing to say 66 the way he jammed the river. I resign the turn though.

Not always, but this situation is far removed from a circumstance where bluffing is good IMO.
I just think that at these limits it is usually not very profitable at all to bluff. You will make the majority of your money just playing "ABC poker" and getting paid off when you do make a hand.

I think this is a situation that would generate better responses if you cut off the action right before your turn bet, since with the benefit of knowing that BB calls and then pushes all in, we can say that bluffing obviously didn't work. I don't think people purposely used that information, but subconsciously it makes a difference.That said, if villain thinks his pair/ace high is good here, the turn won't change that (and if that pair was of threes villain now has a full house), and I think with two pairs on the board, the villain is more likely to call with ace high, and obviously if you are being trapped villain still has a huge hand, so I would just give up here and not bother on the turn.

I'm not sure about the flop bet. I don't think it will work often enough at .05/.10 to be profitable.I'd just shut down on the turn. You cannot beat anything, and when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING. You cannot beat one single hand. Also, if he is so weak, what hand does he check-call this flop with that folds? There are no draws. He will go to the river with you with either a 3 or an 8 and there is no way in hell this bluff works often enough to be successful.

I'd just shut down on the turn. You cannot beat anything, and when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING. You cannot beat one single hand.
Yes.That is why he asked it this was a good place to try a bluff.
These two things generally don't go well together.
LOL at this because before reading the thread, this is what I imagined that I'd have to type when I wandered into this thread.I didn't read other responses, but once the BB calls there, you HAVE to be done with the hand. There are no draws and once the turn falls, he's never folding.

I don't mind the flop bet since you think your hand is good, but when he check/calls the flop which contains absolutely no draws, you have to shut it down on the turn and go into check/fold mode.Just because your hand got counterfeited doesn't mean you have to bluff!

In other words: Betting the turn on a bluff here has a zero percent chance of being successful, and to even consider it is idiotic.
Disagree.But that's not the point.You said, we can't beat a single hand. We know that already, we aren't dumb. We have 2 high, and will be playing the board on the river unless we catch a 2.That doesn't mean we can't ask if it's a good place to bluff. The best time to bluff is when we don't beat any hands, that's the point of a bluff. Duh.The simple answer is that, "No, this is not a good place to bluff, because there are so few hands that would peel this flop, that would fold to the turn bet. Most loose villains will showdown ace high here, and a lot of players are slowplaying trips, or have boated up with the turn, and obv players don't fold boats; therefore, it's a bad place to bluff, and we should just check and fold."That's a good forum answer. (not to say that you didn't answer his question, because you did, in one sentence before you got to whatever the hell else you were trying to talk about.)

^ Never by the river.Except perhaps AAAA2 board and you have 22.