Bvb Situation Against Super Nit

he is 13/1/1.2 over like 3500 hands. playing a huge pot against him is usually suicide (he will always have the best hand or the money won't go in) but given my stack and that i think he will bet any two if I he check to him i think i played this ok. Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$19 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $99UTG+1: $175.80MP1: $100.40MP2: $17.95MP3: $80.40CO: $147.10Button: $98.50Hero: $57.75BB: $151.80Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with 2 :club: K :D Q :D 3 :D7 folds, Hero raises to $3, BB calls.Flop: K :) 3 :D 6 :) ($6, 2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $6, Hero raises to $24, BB raises to $84, Hero calls all-in $30.75.Uncalled bets: $29.25 returned to BB.

This is tough. in a bvb, you got to figure you are in good shape for the high..But it's a headscratcher on whether it is better to rep strength the whole way, vs. losing credibility for a strong hand by waiting for a non-low turn card to push. Also there are a lot of turn cards that are either bad for us, or kill our action, so I don't hate being aggressive on the flop. Most nits put the AG in TAG, too, in BVB, so you can't automatically assume he's premium here, either.

i rarely rarely use this language, but i think that against a supernit, this is actually kinda spew. if his 3betting range is nld+nfd, set, 2p+ld, etc., you're in some serious trouble here, and rarely better than a flip. if someone's playing super nitty at the table, you're just never going to get their money all at once, so ignore them and just fold literally any hand whenever they bet. if i'm to a nit's right at pl/nlo8, i just open muck all but the best hands from the sb since i have no chance of ever really winning their stack. the other option is maybe to miniraise all sbs to them and 1/2 pot flops, but i would NEVER EVER EVER build a pot against a supernit in any situation whatsoever. not joking.if someone is playing extremely nitty, the proper way to punish them for it is to slowly bleed them dry with a bunch of small pot bluffs, not by trying to hit a home run off of them.btw, i know most of the ftp guys, what's his sn?

i think this was a baffling way to play the hand, especially since your against a "nit". Your playing for half of the pot only, and could easily (especially against a "nit") be drawing practically dead. Just call the flop bet IMO, re-evaluate on the turn.

bleh. calling is worse than shoving imo.i just fold to the raise. being OOP in this spot is ****ing ugly. everything that checky said is SUPER spot on.
I agree. Your chasing half the pot at best here. I must have been tired when I first read it.
i rarely rarely use this language, but i think that against a supernit, this is actually kinda spew. if his 3betting range is nld+nfd, set, 2p+ld, etc., you're in some serious trouble here, and rarely better than a flip. if someone's playing super nitty at the table, you're just never going to get their money all at once, so ignore them and just fold literally any hand whenever they bet. if i'm to a nit's right at pl/nlo8, i just open muck all but the best hands from the sb since i have no chance of ever really winning their stack. the other option is maybe to miniraise all sbs to them and 1/2 pot flops, but i would NEVER EVER EVER build a pot against a supernit in any situation whatsoever. not joking.if someone is playing extremely nitty, the proper way to punish them for it is to slowly bleed them dry with a bunch of small pot bluffs, not by trying to hit a home run off of them.btw, i know most of the ftp guys, what's his sn?
1kerrypacker or something like that. he is on the heater of his life right now. i didn't think players that tight were supposed to win for 15ptbb/100 over 3500 hands at the $100 level. im sort of thinking the same thing now. flop is bet/fold.edit: i was at work and rushed and didn't really read all of that. i think you helped me figure out why i've been getting my ass handed to me lately. the games have gotten kind of crappy and i need to stop trying play the same way against tight players as i do against loose players. i'm playing the same strategy of building huge pots and trying to stack them, when all im doing is winning small pots when i have the best hand and getting it all in as a dog when they got me.of course i've been running like shit too (not only do i not win a 60/40 ever, but they always hit the 3 outer to stack me), but i can think right away of several situations from the past week or so where i should have done this. thanks. :club:
i think this was a baffling way to play the hand
lots of players are very bet with any four whenever checked to in this game. check raising the hell out of them is fun. they will often call with bad hands because it makes them feel stupid when you do it. after a while it makes people terrified to bet when you check to them, which is another fun tendency to play with.
I agree. Your chasing half the pot at best here. I must have been tired when I first read it.
how am i chasing half the pot with only two low cards on the flop? if he has two low cards in his hand that didn't pair he will only make his low about half the time. sometimes depending on what his cards are a runner runner low will come along and we will split for low or i will beat him.-------------i've replied to three of your posts in a semi-negative argumentative way in five minutes. please don't take it as anything except me adding to the discussion. i appreciate that you took the time to comment on the hands i posted.
3500 hands? that's the heater of a day for me.seriously, that sample size is SO SO SO small.
think about it though. playing that few hands he would have to hit so many lucky flops and also have people have hands that they will get involved in and have them not suck out. plus his action is way reduced due to how he plays, most of the time the $100 has at least 4 regs who are at least semi-decent. give me those 3500 hands and i would have won 20 buy ins.