PokerStars Game #14711682928: HORSE (7 Card Stud Hi/Lo Limit, $0.50/$1.00) - 2008/01/21 - 01:50:55 (ET)Table 'Lomia IV' 8-maxSeat 1: TennesseeDan ($27.60 in chips) Seat 2: ang3line ($11.15 in chips) Seat 3: Lunchbox0420 ($18.90 in chips) Seat 4: jmmark ($12.75 in chips) Seat 5: Cappy37 ($22.15 in chips) Seat 6: TopFourty ($16.90 in chips) Seat 7: pcj505 ($26.75 in chips) Seat 8: Kowalski051 ($29.20 in chips) *** 3rd STREET ***Dealt to TennesseeDan [:9h]Dealt to ang3line [:4c]Dealt to Lunchbox0420 [:5c]Dealt to jmmark [:ts]Dealt to Cappy37 [:6h:3h:8c]Dealt to TopFourty [:2h]Dealt to pcj505 [:jh]Dealt to Kowalski051 [:4h]TopFourty: brings in for $0.25pcj505: folds Kowalski051: calls $0.25TennesseeDan: folds ang3line: folds Lunchbox0420: raises $0.25 to $0.50jmmark: folds Cappy37: calls $0.50TopFourty: calls $0.25Kowalski051: calls $0.25*** 4th STREET ***Dealt to Lunchbox0420 [:5c] [:5s]Dealt to Cappy37 [:6h:3h:8c] [:8s]Dealt to TopFourty [:2h] [:5d]Dealt to Kowalski051 [:4h] [:7s]Cappy37: checks TopFourty: checks Kowalski051: bets $0.50Lunchbox0420: calls $0.50Cappy37: calls $0.50TopFourty: folds *** 5th STREET ***Dealt to Lunchbox0420 [:5c:5s] [:qd]Dealt to Cappy37 [:6h:3h:8c:8s] [:tc]Dealt to Kowalski051 [:4h:7s] [:td]Cappy37: bets $1Kowalski051: raises $1 to $2Lunchbox0420: folds Cappy37: calls $1*** 6th STREET ***Dealt to Cappy37 [:6h:3h:8c:8s:tc] [:th]Dealt to Kowalski051 [:4h:7s:td] [:3d]Cappy37: checks Kowalski051: checks *** RIVER ***Dealt to Cappy37 [:6h:3h:8c:8s:tc:th] [:5h]Cappy37: checks Give me a line check here.I checked fourth because I didn't believe betting was going to push out either player, and just build a pot I was marginally involved in. Taking the lead didn't seem important to me with so many ugly cards that could come on 5th.Once Fifth looked safe I fired out, and the re-raise threw me off a little, mainly because 3 fives and a 6 were dead. That made me wonder if he was more along the two-pair route and I was drawing slim.Is this a leak in this particular case? Should I be betting 6th? re-popping 5th? It's easier once we know I have the case "straight blocker" 5 on 7th, but regardless..I can't imagine 3-betting 5th..

Damn itty bitty icons. For the first 5 minutes I thought your first card was the 8h, and I was going to start asking you about your crack addiction. As in: "why are you not betting? you on crack?!?!"So tell me more. Given the reasons you didn't bet 4th, why lead 5th? But after the raise, even with his odd check on 6th, I could call down.

Damn itty bitty icons. For the first 5 minutes I thought your first card was the 8h, and I was going to start asking you about your crack addiction. As in: "why are you not betting? you on crack?!?!"So tell me more. Given the reasons you didn't bet 4th, why lead 5th? But after the raise, even with his odd check on 6th, I could call down.
I bet 5th for 2 reasons: Lunchbox didn't have anything worthwhile to go with his pair of fives, which I found out on 4th street by his flat-call. Secondly: Kowalski didn't make a low, so I needed to wanted to make him pay if he was going that way.The main question I'm asking here is: With the 5s all but being dead (blocking any low straight potential), and Kowalski being rainbow, it's going to be damn hard for kowalski to "scoop" me, so shouldn't I be taking the lead here, in case he's not pat on a low yet once he hits a 3 on 6th?And don't hate on me converting manually, the default stud converter is teh ghey. :club:

Just my opinion, and I am no great player, but I think I just fold on 3rd st. There are 5 low cards up already making a low draw slim. Many hearts are dead so an outside flush probably goes away. You also don't have an ace or a 2 card straight draw to you low to scoop. Your 8 is up which is going to put you in bad shape if someone does make a quick low. I think you can find better spots and avoid these marginal situations.

Just my opinion, and I am no great player, but I think I just fold on 3rd st. There are 5 low cards up already making a low draw slim. Many hearts are dead so an outside flush probably goes away. You also don't have an ace or a 2 card straight draw to you low to scoop. Your 8 is up which is going to put you in bad shape if someone does make a quick low. I think you can find better spots and avoid these marginal situations.
I kind of agree. Although if you do play it on third, I think you should fold 5th. You have no chance to scoop the pot really because seven cards you need to make a low are folded by 5th. I don't like to be able to win only half the pot in a heads up situation unless I'm really strong on that one half and there is dead money from people playing 3rd and 4th street.

def a fold on third with a 5 raising coming into you. in general, don't play an 8 low draw when any lower card is showing ANY sort of strength on third.as for the later streets, you can probably valuebet 6th and c/c 7th just in case he paired somewhere.edit: just read replies. didn't notice the 5s thing. in that case i vb 6th and 7th every time.

No offense, but I didn't post the hand to be told to fold on 3rd. I know 3 to an exposed 8 isn't a good holding.This is stud8 in a HORSE ring game, so I generally play it a little looser, because few players know how to raise and punish "worse lows" or "shaky highs". I knew hearts weren't likely, but neither was clubs, so the raise from the 5 seemed a bit more like a split pair/hidden pair than a reasonable low.I called 3rd for implied odds, really. You can get a ton of raises in with made lows against battling high-hands/draws in these games, so I often will toss 25 or 50 in the middle to see 4th/5th cheaply with 3 (to any) low.As for having 5 low cards out, that's actually good for my hand, because I don't want a half-dozen players making their lows by 5th street. It also gives me another way to play the hand: repping high. Pairing an open 8 could scare the daylights out of high hands. Plenty of good things can happen.The stud8 play on .50/1 horse tables is borderline atrocious, it's not 2000/4000 at the Bellagio. It's one of those rare instances that you are actually looking for excuses to enter pots. 3 to a low often constitutes the best only low draw.

This is stud8 in a HORSE ring game, so I generally play it a little looser, because few players know how to raise and punish "worse lows" or "shaky highs". I knew hearts weren't likely, but neither was clubs, so the raise from the 5 seemed a bit more like a split pair/hidden pair than a reasonable low.As for having 5 low cards out, that's actually good for my hand, because I don't want a half-dozen players making their lows by 5th street. It also gives me another way to play the hand: repping high. Pairing an open 8 could scare the daylights out of high hands. Plenty of good things can happen.The stud8 play on .50/1 horse tables is borderline atrocious, it's not 2000/4000 at the Bellagio. It's one of those rare instances that you are actually looking for excuses to enter pots. 3 to a low often constitutes the best only low draw.
BOLD = overthinkingstrikeout = correctionitalics = wishful thinkingIt's virtually impossible to do this, but imagine I posted this hand as the Hero. Would you say all those things to me? Or would you point out that it's pretty shaky?
BOLD = overthinkingstrikeout = correctionitalics = wishful thinkingIt's virtually impossible to do this, but imagine I posted this hand as the Hero. Would you say all those things to me? Or would you point out that it's pretty shaky?
Well played. I'll admit when I've been had. I'll give you 10/10 on the italics, a 10/10 on the strikethrough, and a 8/10 on the Bold.winnie_the_pooh_owned_funfry_resize.jpg