Wpt World Poker Open Day 1a Daniel Updates

7:50 PM - "Big pot vs Gold: Smokey limps I limp button with 10 J Gold raises 1500 more from bb and I felt a move and called. Flop J 4 4 he bets 1000 I call. Turn 8 Checked turn. River 2 he goes all in for 10k then we talk for about 10 min. He puts on a great show and I think he has me. Then he says I won't show you if you I call in he says "you win". Up to 40k now and he's out"
lol, ownage.
8:45 PM - "Creepy weird hand vs a drunk. He limps I limp with Kc 3c. Flop Jc 2c 3s. Snokey bets bb 1200 Drunk calls I call sb calls. Turn Qh. Drunk bets 10k I call. River 7d he goes all in I fold. He shows Ks 8s for nothing at all. I am back to 19k"8:57 PM - "Went broke to the drunk. Had K5 on a K 9 6 board and he had A 9. Turn 9"GG Daniel!!
Speechless face.pretty gross.

The drunk guy really took the wind out of my sails beating me three straight pots. The Kc 3c hand was played the only way I could lose it. He called a bet with Ks 8s on a flop of Jc 2c 3s??? In a multi-way pot with people behind him. It was just so strange. I thought he might be bluffing the river but it was a tough call with a pair of 3's on the river. ARRGH, I should have called him. He JUST got moved to my table though sop I had little information.

The drunk guy really took the wind out of my sails beating me three straight pots. The Kc 3c hand was played the only way I could lose it. He called a bet with Ks 8s on a flop of Jc 2c 3s??? In a multi-way pot with people behind him. It was just so strange. I thought he might be bluffing the river but it was a tough call with a pair of 3's on the river. ARRGH, I should have called him. He JUST got moved to my table though sop I had little information.
Pretty much nothing to be annoyed about, even you cant make a call like that agaisnt someone with no information, even if it was obvious he was a raging lag it would still be one of the hardest calls ever.Hope you get over it soon, nothing you could do about it.Cant wait to hear a detailed insight on how you busted Jamie and what triggered the call in the words he used

So was this guy seriously drunk? What kind of person throws away $7500 by playing a tournament like that drunk? Sounds like he's either incredibly rich or a total dumbass.

So was this guy seriously drunk? What kind of person throws away $7500 by playing a tournament like that drunk? Sounds like he's either incredibly rich or a total dumbass.
Probably a combination of the two.

Unfortunate Daniel, but what do you do against a drunk.. not much i guess.Sounds like you played very well, so i'd say good job.Have a good time in Tunica and after this good luck in Dortmund!!