This New Tax Rebate Is Grossly Unfair

I read in the paper today that there is talk of Bush giving us a tax rebate of between $300-$800 per person tax rebates.How is this fair?If I get the top rebate, I get back less than .01% of the taxes I paid inBut you poor idiots may be getting as much as 50% of your tax paid in returned to you.This unfairness needs to end, I should get the same percentage as you. When will the politicians quit favoring the poor?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the paper today that there is talk of Bush giving us a tax rebate of between $300-$800 per person tax rebates.How is this fair?If I get the top rebate, I get back less than .01% of the taxes I paid inBut you poor idiots may be getting as much as 50% of your tax paid in returned to you.This unfairness needs to end, I should get the same percentage as you. When will the politicians quit favoring the poor?
Wait till the Democrats take over and bail out all the idiots who got the ARM's and then went crying... "BooHooo...I can't pay my mortgage"Next time I take a bath in Vegas...I'm just gonna call up Steve Wynn and say "I thought I was going to be able to afford playing in the VIP "big-boy" room. Now I lost all my money. Can I have it back?"
Why would anyone complain about free money?
I'm not complaining about the money, or the idea that the government took too much of our money and is returning some of it ( Thank you Republicans )I am complaining that the percentage you guys get is way way way higher than the percentage I get.Which is a exact same complaint I have to hear when we all get a tax cut. Only reverse.If you are not one of those people that whines when a republican tries to let us keep more of our money, then this does not apply to you.
Is there a cutoff for this or does everyone get the mobnies?
I'm not complaining about the money, or the idea that the government took too much of our money and is returning some of it ( Thank you Republicans )I am complaining that the percentage you guys get is way way way higher than the percentage I get.Which is a exact same complaint I have to hear when we all get a tax cut. Only reverse.If you are not one of those people that whines when a republican tries to let us keep more of our money, then this does not apply to you.
Actually I believe this won't apply to you anyway. From what I understand, the rebate is scheduled for people who make under $80,000 a year ($120,000 if you're a couple). Seems exactly what the middle class needs. More mobnies to create the illusion of security and wealth when in reality, you have neither.
Actually I believe this won't apply to you anyway. From what I understand, the rebate is scheduled for people who make under $80,000 a year ($120,000 if you're a couple). Seems exactly what the middle class needs. More mobnies to create the illusion of security and wealth when in reality, you have neither.
Is that what's considered middle class these days?
Thank God we don't have a national debt so we can do this.
This is a good question. I would consider middle class (in terms of annual income, which is probably not the best metric) anywhere from 50,000 to 500,000 per year. In terms of net worth, I really don't know what I would it would be, but I think the upper bound would be somewhere between 3 and 10 M.
This is a good question. I would consider middle class (in terms of annual income, which is probably not the best metric) anywhere from 50,000 to 500,000 per year. In terms of net worth, I really don't know what I would it would be, but I think the upper bound would be somewhere between 3 and 10 M.
I'm guessing you're including upper-middle class in this (I wasn't thinking about that, but I suppose it's part of it).
I thought that was poverty lines these days.
Thank God we don't have a national debt so we can do this.This is a good question. I would consider middle class (in terms of annual income, which is probably not the best metric) anywhere from 50,000 to 500,000 per year. In terms of net worth, I really don't know what I would it would be, but I think the upper bound would be somewhere between 3 and 10 M.
The national debt is such a manipulated number, if we ever got paid back on the loans we give to other coutries (that end up becoming what I like to call giveaways) we would never run at a deficeit.
The national debt is such a manipulated number, if we ever got paid back on the loans we give to other coutries (that end up becoming what I like to call giveaways) we would never run at a deficeit.
how is it manipulated? we... owe... that money, right? it's a debt, yes?
how is it manipulated? we... owe... that money, right? it's a debt, yes?
No thats not exactly what is calculated, yes there are future payments that need to be paid on bonds, note, etc. But we take tax money and lend it to other countires, knowing that we will never get a dime back.
Yeah, that damn Bush. He's ony had to do this twice in his presidency.
So you are saying Bush cut spending enough to rebate the people? I don't think he did a very good job of cutting spending, in fact that is probably the greatest failure of his presidency, he over spent.
Just take it out of the 10% of your salary you're supposed to give to your church and/or charity. That's basically what it amounts to.
I am a pre-tax 10% guy, so the tax rebate is post tithe money anyway.
Actually I believe this won't apply to you anyway. From what I understand, the rebate is scheduled for people who make under $80,000 a year ($120,000 if you're a couple).
GOSHDARNIT
how much is wesley snipes' rebate?
VNH

That's just great.Now they are saying if you make more than $150K jointly you get $0So I am in the top 50% of taxpayers, paying 96% of all income taxes, and I get nothing, While people who pay almost nothing into the system get minimum $300.How is this not income redistribution?

That's just great.Now they are saying if you make more than $150K jointly you get $0So I am in the top 50% of taxpayers, paying 96% of all income taxes, and I get nothing, While people who pay almost nothing into the system get minimum $300.How is this not income redistribution?
You make enough to go to the mall.Some people don't.The whole idea is to get people to go buy shit they don't need.