Heckler's Week On Pad

I just got done watching the 1st day of this on my Tivo. My head feels like it's about to EXPLODE from that last hand. LOL at Jean-Robert obv. trying to tilt Hellmuth with that move. I agree with both players, but JRB was definately out of line for that. That being said....Phil has to expect stuff like that with the way he acts at the table. Thoughts? Opinions? General anecdotes??

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done watching the 1st day of this on my Tivo. My head feels like it's about to EXPLODE from that last hand. LOL at Jean-Robert obv. trying to tilt Hellmuth with that move. I agree with both players, but JRB was definately out of line for that. That being said....Phil has to expect stuff like that with the way he acts at the table. Thoughts? Opinions? General anecdotes??
They were both right. JRB is right that Phil has to show his hand or much. Phil was right that it is ettiquite (SP) that he said "i got nothing" and JRB shows since JRB is the one who called his bluff...They were just doing it for TV.

This was excellent, great viewing all around. It's going to be 10x better once phil stops getting hit with the deck.

This was excellent, great viewing all around. It's going to be 10x better once phil stops getting hit with the deck.
It looked like in the preview of the week at the beginning that Phil and Sam are gonna get into pretty good at some point and I hope it blows up. That would be classic.
lmfao at Gavin yelling at Maury "Is this how you're going to run this thing!" pointing at Phil....flashback to the PH blowupJ
lol. Gavin is a funny mofo, and an incredible poker player. With all the great things said about him, he *still* might be underrated.edit: also, I heard he might drink alcohol from time to time.. :club:
Lol........Phil won what, like five hands or something??? Just b/c Hellmuth trapped Mike for all his chips just like he always says he does....quit hatin' on Philly. He's the best.
Lol........Phil won what, like five hands or something??? Just b/c Hellmuth trapped Mike for all his chips just like he always says he does....quit hatin' on Philly. He's the best.
........Gman, is that you???

JRB was in the right... He didnt want to make phil show his cards, but he didnt want to show his cards. So in order for phil to get him to show his cards he has to show his own cards. He didnt want to do that obviously and made the big fuss. I dont blame JRB one bit I'm the same way at the river. Show me your cards or muck I dont really care, but your showing first.

JRB was in the right... He didnt want to make phil show his cards, but he didnt want to show his cards. So in order for phil to get him to show his cards he has to show his own cards. He didnt want to do that obviously and made the big fuss. I dont blame JRB one bit I'm the same way at the river. Show me your cards or muck I dont really care, but your showing first.
Most confusing sentence ever?
Thoughts? Opinions? General anecdotes??
I thought the funniest lines came from Grizzle actually. First, a little gem early on when he said 'Is this a real game, or is this just bullsh1t?!' Just found that really funny for some reason, I genuinely lol'd.Then, after all the nonsense of the last hand, he goes something along the lines of 'Great call, we all thought you had four aces!'Good show so far, I like.

Oddly enough if you play at Borgata (cash games at least) they make you show a hand to win even if your opponent mucks at showdown. I thought that was bizarre and wondered if they were going to come up with that ruling.Phil was being an ass. Sure it's etiquette to show your hand when you call and your opponent says they have nothing. But that's a courtesy that you can extend if you wish but aren't required to do. Once Bobby doesn't turn up his hand Phil should either flip up his bluff or muck. Oddly enough all the yapping gets Gavin (I think) to say "I want to see both hands" which is of course his right and makes all the rest of the argument moot.

Well obviously in tournaments you must show your hand to win. I dont know if this counts as a tournament or a cash game... It plays like a sng so it would seem to make sense that he would need to show his cards in order to win the pot.Ps. Sam Grizzle is Fukking awesome.

I don't like how the term "cold deck" gets used about almost every hand these days. Phil complaining about a "cold deck" in the AQ vs KK hand just annoyed me. Sure, it was hard to get away from but it wasn't exactly set over set/AA vs KK.

Well obviously in tournaments you must show your hand to win. I dont know if this counts as a tournament or a cash game... It plays like a sng so it would seem to make sense that he would need to show his cards in order to win the pot.Ps. Sam Grizzle is Fukking awesome.
Here's a little something from the 2003 WSOP:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtJbFaxWOBQ
How many cash games do the blinds and ante's go up in? Also, in cash games you can buy in again when you busto but not here. So it's not even close to a cash game.