Official New York Rangers Thread

I am bored and have 1 hour and 52 minutes till I leave work and get ready for Wings/Tigers. I am sure though someone will call me an idiot for my opinion on this matter but again, I am bored and wasting time and being the only one in my office makes me talk to the internet world. I guess I could call the wife but we already discussed this.I don't like Avery. Never did. I have had run ins with him numerous times when he was in Detroit and he was a complete douchebag and this was before he was anybody but a 4th line 4 min a game player.I don't have a big problem with what he did. I understand the leagues reaction but I don't necessarily agree with how it is being handled. I watched good ol' Gary Bettman last night talking about the "rule interpretation" aspect and to me it just seems silly. Reading the rule and his comments on how they are always looking at different interpretations makes me think that anyone on the league can find any action on the ice to be breaking some kind of rule. Now of course that is an exaggeration but I think it is a valid point. The league/Devils didn't like what they saw so they skimmed the rules hoping to find something they could then make it against the rules. He continually said it was ALWAYS against the rules, yet why was there no penalty called if it was ALWAYS against the rules? What, was the ref scared of making a tough call? Yet they call the blade of a stick being helf with one hand that touches the hop of an opposing player for half a second hooking with no worries, then how could this blatant violation of the NHL rules not be a tough call to make?I don't care if the rule is in place now, it's fine with me. I am not trying to defend mr. avery, just think it is being handled poorly.1 hr and 44 minutes to go.Edit: and regarding the goalies. I think they should be able to bring a couch in the net with them.
There is no rule that specifies that a penalty should be a double minor only if blood is drawn. Rulebooks are designed and intented to be open to interpretation.
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win over the Devils tonight. Avery didn't steal the show tonight, and neither did Jagr, but our team has so much depth that we have pleanty of superstars to spread 5 goals around. Gomez had 2, Drury 1, Straka 1, and Marc Staal had an excellent goal to give us the lead with about 3 minutes left in the game. Actually, Avery should have had the go ahead goal but he couldn't quite get his stick in place in time to slide one into the empty net. And Jagr, even if he didn't score, had a very good game.Honestly, I think we completely dominated the Devils this game. The only reason it wasn't a total blowout was because Brodeur played an excellent game. Lundqvist had a decent game, and he could have probably stopped one of those goals, but we got the win in the end, so all is well with the world.It's going to be extremely difficult for the Devils to come back after tonight. I know they're a tough team and I don't think that they'll give up, but with our record over them this season and they way we're playing, I don't see them pulling off three in a row.Good game, Rangers.

Oh oh oh!We win the series in 5 games and move on to the next round. I think we played a strong game, aside from a few mistakes. The Devils scored first and they scored early, and it looked as if they were going to come out strong against us. Their early goal gave them a glimmer of hope and reminded them that the series was far from over.That hope was crushed 18 seconds later when we raced up the rink and slammed one past Brodeur. And minutes later, we went on the power play and Jagr slid one into the goal, giving us the lead. We would then score twice more and be up by as much as 4 to 1. An odd bounce of a player sent one bouncing past Lundqvist on what was supposed to be a puck dump, and a 5-on-3 allowed the Devils to come back to within 1. The real scar moment was their penalty shot in the third period, but King Henrik put a stop to that threat. Rangers won 5-3 finishing things off with an empty net goal.Looking forward to the second round. No matter which team it is, we're going to be facing a much tougher opponent, but I think we're going to be ready for the challenge.

LLY, how has Marc Staal looked in the series?
Well, two games ago, the puck deflected off his skate in overtime and went in. Last game he scored the winner with three minutes left in the third period.Overall, I think he's played very well. He's a rookie but he's come into his own this season and made some good defensive plays this series. He has a great shot and I wish he'd shoot a bit more, but he's been looking to score more during the playoffs, which is good.

this series was actually pretty close but the devils continually made key mistakes and everytime they made a mistake the rangers capitalised. fair play to the rangers as they deserved to win no doubt but they are gonna need to step up dramatically if they wanna beat the pens or habs imo.

Right now it looks like the rangers are gonna face the Pens in the 2nd round. I didn't watch much of the NYR-NJ series but from what I could gather I think Avery and Co. were able to get into Brodeur's head a little bit. This worries me because as awesome as Fluery has been lately I think it would be a lot easy to throw off his game. The Pens are gonna have to real stand up for their goalie and focus the attention of the Rangers to stopping Malkin/Crosby/Hossa/Gonchar/Malone/Sykora/Roberts/and a host of others that have the potential to step up when needed....yikes...good luck NYR. :club:

this series was actually pretty close but the devils continually made key mistakes and everytime they made a mistake the rangers capitalised. fair play to the rangers as they deserved to win no doubt but they are gonna need to step up dramatically if they wanna beat the pens or habs imo.
Two playoffs in a row that have been less than spectacular for Brodeur. This could be the beginning of the end of the Devils as we know them.

Lets bump this for the boys from Broadway....Jagr,Shanny and the boys against Crosby and MalkinShould be a fun and interesting series..Over/under on Laraque vs Avery feud.....29 minutes

Lets bump this for the boys from Broadway....Jagr,Shanny and the boys against Crosby and MalkinShould be a fun and interesting series..Over/under on Laraque vs Avery feud.....29 minutes
Series should be fun for those who have no rooting interest. It will be intense for those that do.

Pittsburgh is going to be a challenge, but if we can get by them, then we should be able to beat anyone. I think the winner of this series could easily go all the way. Maybe we should forgot about our differences and joined together to form a superteam.

Pittsburgh is going to be a challenge, but if we can get by them, then we should be able to beat anyone. I think the winner of this series could easily go all the way. Maybe we should forgot about our differences and joined together to form a superteam.
I am with the Ranger fans all the way..You are my adopted team in the playoffs...Crosby ...bahhhMalkin...mehhHossa...pfftLets go Broadway..lets do this

Drop the freakin' puck already!!!!!!!!! Gogoggogogogogogogogogogogo RANGERS!!!!!Now I gotta get to my friends house quick cuz I don't get Versus. :club:

1-0 after 1 period.Good start for the Rangers and they did a good job killing off the early penalties.Is Avery playing because I didn't really notice that pesky little guy tonight? :club:

I barely noticed Avery either, lol.Good for the Rangers to weather the storm and score a lucky goal. The Pens will keep it coming through the next 2 periods.:club:(I love Marty Straka.)

Tough loss, but I liked several things about the game. Our offense was good, but not great. But our main problem was our defense. All year we have been excellent at slowing down our opponent's offense and have been good defending against fast breaks. We let our guard down too many times during the game and the Penguins were quick to capitalize on that. We also took too many penalties, especially that last one, which hurt us. I think if we close up some holes in our defense, we can take game 2 and come back to MSG with a tied series, which would leave us in great shape.

So lame. This should have been a 1-1 game, but the early whistle cost us our goal. I though our defense was strong and Henrik played excellent. Our offense had chances and looked decent but wasn't able to capitalize more than once, which I guess is what it takes to score now. We're going to have to win some at the Garden, then. I really hope we win on Tuesday because I'm going to the game on Thursday and I don't want to be there for our last game. It's a stretch but we've been good at home. We win at home like they did and we're tied up. We're a strong and resilient team and we're not out of it yet.

The whole series in the season was basically won by the home team, wasn't it?
You're right. The playoffs are following the trend, as expected. We have to win two games at home, which is far from impossible, to get back in this series.

Pitts has won 6 in a row so far in the playoffs, but the Rangers came close to ending that the last game. I think it'll be a different outcome in NY. I don't really want to see another sweep for Pitts. 7 game series with triple overtime in game 7 would be much more entertaining. :-D