Was Feeling Generous

I won some money last night in a cash game a disided to give away 5% to random players playing on play money tables. Anyone else ever do this? Makes me feel like i'm contributing to the poker world by helping ppl get a start at playing for real money online.BTW i won like 400$ so i gave away, yep you guess it $20.......better then nothing i guess.

Very nice.... hopefully they will put it to good use. I was bored last night so I did a $1.10 micro...played for 3.5 hours and ended up 203 out of 2900 and won $1.80. I aint sharing that sweet .70 profit with anybody! That baby is all mine! Muahahahahahaha!

Very nice.... hopefully they will put it to good use. I was bored last night so I did a $1.10 micro...played for 3.5 hours and ended up 203 out of 2900 and won $1.80. I aint sharing that sweet .70 profit with anybody! That baby is all mine! Muahahahahahaha!
hahaha
I won some money last night in a cash game a disided to give away 5% to random players playing on play money tables. Anyone else ever do this? Makes me feel like i'm contributing to the poker world by helping ppl get a start at playing for real money online.BTW i won like 400$ so i gave away, yep you guess it $20.......better then nothing i guess.
First off, let me say that I think this is very generous of you as a person, giving away money of yours to others. Any time anyone does that, it is a very thoughtful thing.Just curious though, how did you determine who to give the money to? The only reason I ask is, I guess I look at it in the sense that if they never played for real money before and then try it out, win a little and then lose, it could be a taste of something where it causes a problem. Again, I think it's awesome that you gave money to others, just curious the method of how you did it, etc.
First off, let me say that I think this is very generous of you as a person, giving away money of yours to others. Any time anyone does that, it is a very thoughtful thing.Just curious though, how did you determine who to give the money to? The only reason I ask is, I guess I look at it in the sense that if they never played for real money before and then try it out, win a little and then lose, it could be a taste of something where it causes a problem. Again, I think it's awesome that you gave money to others, just curious the method of how you did it, etc.
Well i went to a few play money tables and asked who had never played for real money on pokerstars. The ppl that have never i sent money too. There was one guy who had no idea where to go to check is real money balance. I think he only had the play money verson of pokerstars i thought that was pretty funny. Then of course you always get the a$$hole wondering why your giving money away, and saying this is a scam and stuff. If it was a scam it was the worst in history. Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt the key to a scam is to make money? ummm yeah it is, god why is the world filled with morons. Of course if it wasn't for morons i would never win money online.

I did that on AP last year. I had just cashed for $1650 in the AP major (only time I have ever done a tourney over $50...) and for fun I was playing in a PLO freeroll. I put a bounty on my head and said I'd ship $20 to whoever could knock me out. Sure enough, some guy knocked me out and I sent him $20...then two weeks later he sent me back $100...I searched his name and found him playing $.50/$1NL. He said he went on a huge rush with the $20 and sent me $100 to thank me for getting him started on his 1st real money experience. At that point his bankroll was large enough to play at those levels.Charity pays off!

Good stuff, you can imagine how happy they were, but if your going to do it, why not give back to the fcp community. easier to keep track of how they are doing and we get to read a feel good post every now and then

Good stuff, you can imagine how happy they were, but if your going to do it, why not give back to the fcp community. easier to keep track of how they are doing and we get to read a feel good post every now and then
other than the shitty day threaders, there aren't enough play money fcp'rs for him to do this.random acts of kindness are brilliant. well done, cp83. now just don't be a dumbass & blow all your karma on some scam, okay? okay.
I did that on AP last year. I had just cashed for $1650 in the AP major (only time I have ever done a tourney over $50...) and for fun I was playing in a PLO freeroll. I put a bounty on my head and said I'd ship $20 to whoever could knock me out. Sure enough, some guy knocked me out and I sent him $20...then two weeks later he sent me back $100...I searched his name and found him playing $.50/$1NL. He said he went on a huge rush with the $20 and sent me $100 to thank me for getting him started on his 1st real money experience. At that point his bankroll was large enough to play at those levels.Charity pays off!
that is pretty awesome.
that is sick that in 2 weeks he had enough were he could give u $100 he must have been on a rush of cards. that is awsome that u helped out someone.
so did u give all $20 to one person or a bunch of small amounts? eaither way that is a very nice thing to do. hope u get some money back like fargo did.
That is freakin' fantastic. The $100 is an obvious bonus - and the fact that he even did that. Soooo... do you keep in touch with him? Know how he's doing? Just to get lucky enough to give the money to a big fish that doesn't lose it in the first hour or so is amazing.
That is freakin' fantastic. The $100 is an obvious bonus - and the fact that he even did that. Soooo... do you keep in touch with him? Know how he's doing? Just to get lucky enough to give the money to a big fish that doesn't lose it in the first hour or so is amazing.
To be honest, I don't even recall his name. It had 420 in it...and started with H...that is all i remember haha
am i bad for thinking of doing this to try to get people to develop gambling problems so they lose all their money to me in the future?
God no......you wouldn't be able to call yourself a poker player if you didn't exploit peoples weaknesses.
  • 10 months later...
awwwwwwww!