I'm A Big Kid Now (fr) (10/20)

Decided to post some hands from the past couple of weeks...Bodog 10/20 NLHE (8-handed)Cobalt $1950CO $848Cobalt is SB w/ :club::D. My image is relatively TAG, though I have some history of aggression with the CO. He's been short-stacking for a while. I'd doubled him a couple of orbits earlier when he open-limped T9o in the CO with me holding KT in the BB. I bet/3-bet him in on a T96hh flop. BB is loose-passive pre-flop and fairly reasonable post.Pre-flop:4 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, Cobalt calls, BB checksFlop ($60): :):D :D (3 players)Cobalt bets $40, 1 fold, CO callsTurn ($140): :D (2 players)Cobalt checks, CO checksRiver ($140): :) (2 players)Cobalt checks, CO bets $100, Cobalt callsFinal Pot: $340

when did you become sooooooooooo passive? it's like all your hands have a new theme. this one though i think i fold and would consider your hero call.
He's getting good odds. The villain bets the turn with Kxhh like almost always here. Every other draw misses and the 6 pairing on the river is a good card for us. This is actually pretty standard.I'm assuming it was c/f the turn, right?
when did you become sooooooooooo passive? it's like all your hands have a new theme.
Just happened to be hitting some interesting mediocre hands where I'm trying to keep the pot relatively manageable. If they were bluffs or bigger hands, you'd see a lot more action.
Fold preflop, don't bet on the flop.
:club:
I'm assuming it was c/f the turn, right?
Yup. Well, 90% in agreement.
Fold preflop, don't bet on the flop.Turn is fine.River is fine. I'm sure this is a busted draw nearly 1 in 3 times, which is all you need to profit from the call.
why would you advocate folding preflop?complete all day long
The only thing I'm not high on is the flop lead out into two players.
Leading the flop is the only way we're able to make the call on the river, imo. (but im a donkey)
Leading the flop is the only way we're able to make the call on the river, imo. (but im a donkey)
But do we even want to be put in a position to have to call a river bet with BP with what is essentially bottom kicker?
But do we even want to be put in a position to have to call a river bet with BP with what is essentially bottom kicker?
No not ideally but we don't know our hand isn't good on the flop, and we bet the flop because it quite possibly could be good. The way the rest of the hand played out is just how it's going to go down sometimes, other times we will have the best hand and both BB and CO will fold because they have no draw either, for example.