Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Watched the pilot, was kinda cool to see Summer Glau in a new role. Little surprised it is on FOX after what they did to Firefly. A lot of relatively recognizable actors on the show and the story was enough that I'll probably keep watching.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good. I'm guessing it takes place between T2 and T3. I wonder how long it'll be on.
I thought I read something about it's acting like T3 never happened, but I can't find it now to confirm.*Edit*Found this on Wikipedia...
Furthermore, Friedman stated that the events of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines occur in an alternate timeline from that of the TV series.[6]In addition to having planned the entire story arc for the first season, Friedman has a rough idea for the plot of the following three seasons.
I thought I read something about it's acting like T3 never happened, but I can't find it now to confirm.*Edit*Found this on Wikipedia...
Pretty lame, I may have been one of the few people that actually enjoyed T3. One of the best endings if you ask me. It's like they go through all that fighting and running around to try and prevent the machines from taking over, and then Arnold sends them to that bunker where they think they'll be able to shut everything down. But nope, it's just a diversion to keep them safe underground for awhile. It's like no matter how hard you try, you cannot change what's to come. It's the anti BTTF.
Pretty lame, I may have been one of the few people that actually enjoyed T3. One of the best endings if you ask me. It's like they go through all that fighting and running around to try and prevent the machines from taking over, and then Arnold sends them to that bunker where they think they'll be able to shut everything down. But nope, it's just a diversion to keep them safe underground for awhile. It's like no matter how hard you try, you cannot change what's to come. It's the anti BTTF.
I don't mind the alternate timeline, but I agree with your opinion of T3 mostly. I thought the ending was really good.On a different note, I find it pretty funny that there is always only one villain terminator sent back to kill John Connor and always only one protector terminator. One might think that either side eventually might try sending two or maybe even more.
I don't mind the alternate timeline, but I agree with your opinion of T3 mostly. I thought the ending was really good.On a different note, I find it pretty funny that there is always only one villain terminator sent back to kill John Connor and always only one protector terminator. One might think that either side eventually might try sending two or maybe even more.
clearly that would cripple the space time continuum. :)thats my leap of faith rationalization.i thought the show was good. good enough to watch anyway.
clearly that would cripple the space time continuum. :)thats my leap of faith rationalization.i thought the show was good. good enough to watch anyway.
I tend to dismiss my own question by saying that they don't want to affect the past too greatly (for whatever reason), but given that the single terminator devastates everything in his path, that's such a hard rationalization to use. But whatever, I really don't care that much.And I agree that yesterday's show was interesting enough that I will keep watching for now.

Terminator's good. But I don't see why they bothered making the movie. I mean, by simply going back in time, the Terminator acknowledged that he failed, otherwise, he wouldn't have had to go back in time to change history, since history would be changed and different. Do you see?Time travel movies give me headaches.That fox show looks stupid as shit. I didn't watch it though, so hopefully its better than it looks.

Terminator's good. But I don't see why they bothered making the movie. I mean, by simply going back in time, the Terminator acknowledged that he failed, otherwise, he wouldn't have had to go back in time to change history, since history would be changed and different. Do you see?Time travel movies give me headaches.That fox show looks stupid as shit. I didn't watch it though, so hopefully its better than it looks.
It is. It's definietely a good filler until Heroes comes back.
Didn't this leak like 5 months ago?
The pilot leaked two months ago, but its been changed. They recasted the guy Sarah is dating in the beginning (one of the guys who used to be on Oz) and redid some special effects/editing.
I totally agree... T3 was totally awesome and the ending gave me chills, when the guy on the radio was like... "Hey, this is so and so... what the crap is going on?" It made all the other movies instantly make sense.... it was perfect.
I'm talking the movies here only... but I've always assumed that in the chaotic future that they just didn't have the time or resources to make more than one time machine and that the time machine itself is fairly limited, in that, they can only use it every so often.

I'm interested to find out what kind of model she is. Clearly she can mimic human emotion better than the previous models and she can eat. Does anyone kind of find it weird that she blends in with Highschool, but goes all vacant robot when encountering different environments. She must be programmed to kick ass at Bayside, but be ineffectual in the Barrio.

Does anyone kind of find it weird that she blends in with Highschool, but goes all vacant robot when encountering different environments.
Not really. Look all the way back to T2, when the "cop" was talking to John's foster parents. He was mimicing emotions...it's obviously supposed to be something they can do when necessary.But yeah, I'm guessing she's going to turn out to be some new kind of terminator that can learn real emotions.
Haha, where did you get that info?
Just my guess. I mean...it has to happen, and they can't blow their load too early by having it happen in season 1. Maybe it'll even go past 2 (was it someone in here that said the creator outlines 3 seasons?).

I like the show. I've added it to my TIVO list. I'm thinking that Future John designed this model after his future wife or something like that, being there seems to be a emotional element to her, and this is the first protective terminator that doesn't have the Arnold looks.

I like the premise after seeing the second episode.The idea of having your own terminator would be sweetTerminator = Sexbot
Yep, especially one as hot as Summer Glau. Makes you wonder if Terminator sex is as awesome as it sounds.