Enjoy the last episode folks.Jericho Cancelled.
Yep, figures.They put it in a bad timeslot on a bad night, they don't realize they needed to try and get back the viewers they lost after the first four episodes of season one.I've tried getting a lot of people to watch it, the ones that knew about the show mostly quit on it in the first 3-6 episodes because it went from post apocalyptic action show that was advertised to a soap opera. The people I loaned season one too who stuck it out all liked it.It's like Firefly all over again, although less mismanaged. They should ship it over to Showtime, it would get more interesting on cable anyway.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's depressing, but I can't honestly say I'm surprised at all. The Nielsen ratings have just been horrible this mini-season, and they get worse every week. The Nielsen system is badly in need of an overhaul to take viewership on DVR and online into account. I don't watch the episodes live (I'm not in a Nielsen family either), and I'd be very interested to see official estimates of just how many extra viewers the show can lay claim to in those mediums. Just seems like in this day and age it would be so simple to just tie a little sniffer into each and every cable box in the country and have it report what people are watching and when. It's absurd that Nielsen ratings are still completely dependent on their "families" writing down the shows they watch every week in little booklets. Hopefully some smart cable executive somewhere decides to grab this great show and it's cast for his/her own network, I'd love to see Jericho on FX or even on Cinemax or Showtime. Sadly, I think the more likely scenario is that the ride is now over for good.

That's depressing, but I can't honestly say I'm surprised at all. The Nielsen ratings have just been horrible this mini-season, and they get worse every week. The Nielsen system is badly in need of an overhaul to take viewership on DVR and online into account. I don't watch the episodes live (I'm not in a Nielsen family either), and I'd be very interested to see official estimates of just how many extra viewers the show can lay claim to in those mediums. Just seems like in this day and age it would be so simple to just tie a little sniffer into each and every cable box in the country and have it report what people are watching and when. It's absurd that Nielsen ratings are still completely dependent on their "families" writing down the shows they watch every week in little booklets. Hopefully some smart cable executive somewhere decides to grab this great show and it's cast for his/her own network, I'd love to see Jericho on FX or even on Cinemax or Showtime. Sadly, I think the more likely scenario is that the ride is now over for good.
The problem with tracking DVR viewers is that it won't matter for to the networks because they can't count those numbers for ad $ which what the ratings system is all about. People who watch on DVR aren't watching the ads.

Pretty good finale.Just disappointing that the show is being dropped at what is going to be the beginning of the next American civil war. Nice cameo from Marlo Stanfield ;)Also a nice FU to CBS for canceling the show because you don't have a grasp on how popular your show is. Memo to CBS, that 18-49 male demographic you are looking for are the people who are DVRing, Downloading, and watching the show online. And a good LOL at the Sprint commercial for following the bomb and talking about next weeks episode considering this is the series finale. Idiots.

It felt like they tried to put a years worth of plot into 1 hour. Dissapointing thing is it showed what a good show it might have been.
At least they ended it in a way that could allow for both closure and to be picked up by another network/cable channel.
At least they ended it in a way that could allow for both closure and to be picked up by another network/cable channel.
EZTV was talking about rumors of CW or Sci-fi picking it up. I don't see it going to sci-fi because it's not sci-fi and they are owned by NBC. Then again they need something to replace BSG after this season. I would actually watch CW for Jericho.Ship it to Showtime PLEASE!

And so passes the best show on network television, undoubtedly to be replaced by yet another reality show that will unilaterally suck yet get excellent ratings on the cheap.Here's hoping that some other network is smart enough to see the potential of this great show and breathe a few more years of life (and maybe a little advertising and a decent timeslot?) into it. Revolution.

So without any spoilers please, did the series just end in the middle of a story arc or did they get enough time to bring some closure to it? I have them all on DVR (No I am not a Neilsen Family, just not available to watch it at its scheduled time) but like last year I refuse to watch something I will be left wondering about. Once I heard it was back on I watched the last 8 I didn't see last year and now here we are again. I don't have 5 hours or whatever to waste on being left in the lurch, I am a busy man...kind of.

They finished the story up as far as what the main characters were trying to accomplish in season 2. There is somewhat of an open ending leaving the possibility of another network picking it up out there as a viable option.

I liked the finale. They did the best they could in terms of giving closure and yet leaving open possibilities. This storyline should have been a killer 4 episode arc but oh well.just finished season one as well.....wow. the new bern stuff is intense.....really enjoyed watching them on rerun. this was a good show....which means it belongs on HBO or showtime.

I only saw the first 3 episodes of this season (that's all I got around to downloading on itunes). I haven't been around when the show was on and my dish dvr doesn't get local channels, so I was up a creek. I don't want spoilers, so I'm afraid to read through this thread, but I did see that the show got cancelled. Has anyone seen any info on when the latest season might come out on DVD, or whether a cable network might pick up the show? Feel free to PM me with any details. Thanks.

EZTV was talking about rumors of CW or Sci-fi picking it up. I don't see it going to sci-fi because it's not sci-fi and they are owned by NBC. Then again they need something to replace BSG after this season. I would actually watch CW for Jericho.Ship it to Showtime PLEASE!
Well sci-fi has been showing the first season. I think it would be a decent fit for that channel. They don't show strictly sci-fi, I mean, they picked up wrestling.
Well sci-fi has been showing the first season. I think it would be a decent fit for that channel. They don't show strictly sci-fi, I mean, they picked up wrestling.
yeah its sci-fi enough. I have enjoyed watching re-runs on Sci-FI HD. It is how I caught up (they are showing old episodes on UHD as well). anything to keep this on the air.......civil war!
  • 2 weeks later...

Major BUMP!!!!DirectTV is subsidize the production of NBC's Friday Night Lights and now in a similar move CBS is in discussion with Comcast to help front the cost of a 3rd season of Jericho. The deal would allow Comcast subscribers to get to see the episodes first, but allow a 3rd season to be made.Link 1Link 2

• 3 months later...
Did any network pick up the show? I really hope so.
Last i read fans of the show were taking out adds in entertainment managzines and there was discussion of the deal with Comcast or possibly moving the show over to CW or selling it to NBC to put on the Sci-fi channel.
Last i read fans of the show were taking out adds in entertainment managzines and there was discussion of the deal with Comcast or possibly moving the show over to CW or selling it to NBC to put on the Sci-fi channel.
This is funny to me. These fans made such a huge deal after the first time it was canceled and then it gets back on and the numbers were horrid. Now they canceled it again, for good reason in a business sense since the ratings were crap, and these fans are trying to get it somewhere else? It's dead, let it go. Curious if the actors and such even care at this point? I would just want to move on instead of having to live in limbo every season. If it gets put on Sci-Fi, the ratings will be even lower than they were last year. It's all so odd to me. I loved the show but I can live without it.

Well the Nielson ratings system is a joke.The second season was given a worse timeslot than the first season had. It was one of the most downloaded shows inh history during it's run so clearly people were watching.

Well the Nielson ratings system is a joke.The second season was given a worse timeslot than the first season had. It was one of the most downloaded shows inh history during it's run so clearly people were watching.
Yep. If I were a Nielson family John & Kate Plus would be the only thing that registers from my house because it's the only thing my daughter watches and she's the only one that watches live tv. Everything the wife and watch is either DVR'd or downloaded.
I am not disagreeing or arguing, just want to get that out of the way first. lolIf the Nielson rating system is a joke then how come other allegedy "great" and "loved" shows are not falling by the wayside and only Jericho gets effected by it? Seems to me like a cop out. Downloaded from what? If it was being downloaded and paid for then I doubt NBC would cut it because it is making them money, especially if it is the "most dl'ed" show. Now if we are talking about it being pirated then, oh well. btw, I stopped watching it because I didn't want to get caught getting into it again only to have it end this way.