.25/.50 Kings Utg Facing Resistance.

Villain is 35/9/1.70 after 147 hands. He's been pretty quiet this session. This is my third pre-flop raise in a row. First was ATs for which I won the blinds. Second was KQs and it got checked through to the river and I hit a king. You know how micro-stakes players are like... If you raise twice in a row everyone thinks you're bluffing. With that in mind, did I play this too passive? Or is this an OK safe play?PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kdiamond.gif, Kheart.gif. Hero raises, 5 folds, Button 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero caps, Button calls, BB calls.Flop: (12.40 SB) 6club.gif, 7spade.gif, Qheart.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Button raises, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls.Turn: (10.20 BB) Tdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.River: (12.20 BB) 4diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.Final Pot: 14.20 BB

I could see how you would think he was playing back at you because of the last 2 hands...but it pretty much feels like we're up against AA or QQ here. If you're lucky, MAYBE he has AQ. I would have played it the same though...after he caps it on the flop I go into check-call mode if an ace doesn't come on the turn or river.

If this was a 2-4 or 3-6 game i'd say you were up against AA or QQ...since it's at .25-.50 stakes people are going to three-bet with a lot more starting hands...Therefore i think you could be up against AQ and you gotta call it down, but the cap on the flop scares me.Take your medicine.

If this was a 2-4 or 3-6 game i'd say you were up against AA or QQ...since it's at .25-.50 stakes people are going to three-bet with a lot more starting hands...Therefore i think you could be up against AQ and you gotta call it down, but the cap on the flop scares me.Take your medicine.
fwiw, i think just the opposite. i think at higher stakes people are going to be 3-betting more liberally.

Interesting... what site do you typically play on? I've found the 2-4 and 3-6 limits at stars have a lot less 3-betting and capping without premium hands... which may possibly be why i do better at 3-6 than 1-2 because i open up my range and people respect my bets more. Not sure though...