First Hand Of A Plo Session...

Couldn’t find an Omaha 8 table, so planned on playing some regular PLO for a few rounds. Posted in CO at a 8-handed $0.25/$0.50 table (sat down with $25). All stacks have between $20 and $35.Dealt 7d 9h Js Qd.UTG folds. UTG +1 calls. UTG +2 calls. MP calls. MP+1 folds. Hero checks. Dealer calls. SB completes. BB checks.Flop is 8d 10d 6c. SB checks. BB checks. UTG +1 checks. UTG +2 bets pot. MP folds. Hero raises pot. Dealer folds. SB calls. BB folds. UTG+1 folds. UTG +2 calls.Turn is 8hSB checks, UTG +2 checks. Hero pushes. SB folds. UTG +2 insta-calls.Thoughts?

I don't hate the play, but when he just calls your flop repot I would put him on a set or 2 pair at the min. I would just have to believe if he had flopped the str8 he would've reraised and got it in. That being said when he gets tricky and checks the turn when the board pairs anyone could fall in to the trap (shrug)

I don't hate the play, but when he just calls your flop repot I would put him on a set or 2 pair at the min. I would just have to believe if he had flopped the str8 he would've reraised and got it in. That being said when he gets tricky and checks the turn when the board pairs anyone could fall in to the trap (shrug)
Who said anything about a trap? Yeah, he could have two pair or a set, but he also could have the flush draw only (it happens ALL THE TIME at these stakes). He could even have had a pair and a straight draw, or a pair and a flush draw, etc. Bottom line is, they don't have to have much to be calling the flop action there. What do you think Sb had to call my flop action, but fold to an additional bet on the turn? He clearly didnt have the set/two pair, so it was obviously one fo the other hands I am suggesting.If you look at my stack size, I think I only had about $8 left after the flop, so I won't be folding at any time, so I may as well bet it (at least that is what I was thinking at the time, and still think is correct now).

If it was converted or formatted like a normal hand, we might have seen the amount in the pot and how much you had left. What you put up there is ½ of what we need.If you got 85% of your stack in the middle on the flop with the best hand, no you're right, you're not folding to the pair so you might as well bet.We're missing too much information to tell you much beyond that.

If it was converted or formatted like a normal hand, we might have seen the amount in the pot and how much you had left. What you put up there is ½ of what we need.If you got 85% of your stack in the middle on the flop with the best hand, no you're right, you're not folding to the pair so you might as well bet.We're missing too much information to tell you much beyond that.
It's not that any information is missing (as it is all there), it is that you regular's have gotten lazy (as it is one of the few hands that isn't converted for you)...lol
Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $170.05UTG+1: $130.05CO: $50Button: $54Hero: $143BB: $167.85Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K :club: K :) 9 :) 9 :D UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.5, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: K :D 3 :D 7 :) ($10, 4 players)Hero bets $10, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.Turn: T :D ($30, 2 players)Hero bets $30, UTG+1 calls.River: Q :icon_dance: ($90, 2 players)Hero bets $50
Dealt 7d 9h Js Qd.UTG folds. UTG +1 calls. UTG +2 calls. MP calls. MP+1 folds. Hero checks. Dealer calls. SB completes. BB checks.Flop is 8d 10d 6c. SB checks. BB checks. UTG +1 checks. UTG +2 bets pot. MP folds. Hero raises pot. Dealer folds. SB calls. BB folds. UTG+1 folds. UTG +2 calls.Turn is 8hSB checks, UTG +2 checks. Hero pushes. SB folds. UTG +2 insta-calls.
As Sesame Street used to tell me, "One of these things - Is not like the other"What, I'm supposed to take out a calculator, figure out that there are 7 players to a limped flop, then deduct the rake, then figure out what UTG2's bet is, then figure out what the pot contains so I can figure out what your raise is, then add the two calls behind you, then figure out what the pot contains on the turn, then subtract that from the stack sizes of the players in the pot, figure out how much you have left, and what your optimal action should be at that point?No thanks.
As Sesame Street used to tell me, "One of these things - Is not like the other"What, I'm supposed to take out a calculator, figure out that there are 7 players to a limped flop, then deduct the rake, then figure out what UTG2's bet is, then figure out what the pot contains so I can figure out what your raise is, then add the two calls behind you, then figure out what the pot contains on the turn, then subtract that from the stack sizes of the players in the pot, figure out how much you have left, and what your optimal action should be at that point?No thanks.
Im not arguing that a converted hand history makes life much easier for the people to comment, however, when someone talks about a hand they played live (or in my case a hand that I don't have the saved history for), when the players ask for help/comments, we will still need/want it, regardless of whether we are able to convert the hand or not. As well, when going by memory, sometime sthe best we can do is to TRY to make it easier by saying we bet the pot (as opposed to betting $2.55 due to rake etc.) If people don't want to offer advice on this hand due to the way it is written, so be it. No hard feelings. Besides, pretty sure every single hand I play is optimal for the situation anyhow, so why do I bother...lol
I did offer my opinion on the hand...you must have overlooked that. I wasn't attacking you.