Sam Grizzle Is The Biggest Donkey I've Ever Played Against

This is true:So you raised him $50 and he reraised you $25 more?I'm not sure what happened at the table, but it's a good idea to get your story straight before you start telling it.
I caught that too..... LOL. If you are going to tell a story... take your time and make it legit. LOlIF it is true... you gotta remember that amount of money is chump change to him so it's not that big of a deal for him to call a lame $25 bet.Sounds like you got served by a better player to me
I caught that too..... LOL. If you are going to tell a story... take your time and make it legit. LOlIF it is true... you gotta remember that amount of money is chump change to him so it's not that big of a deal for him to call a lame $25 bet.Sounds like you got served by a lesser donkey to me
fyp

One day you can find him playing 2-5 NL. and the next day you might find him inside Bobby's Room at Bellagio playing 1000-2000 mix with other peoples money. One thing to remember if that river card had been a spade it would have been a whole different storyI think he's going to be Poker After Dark Monday 1/14/2008He's a very entertaining person that has skills other wise he would not be able to get staked in High Limit games, WPT 25k, 15k Five Diamond, 10k Main, 50K Horse, etc. If you think thats something, wait until you run across another well known WPT and high limit player Casey Kastle, ( I think thats his last name).In the 10-20 or 10-25 NL games he buys in for 600 at a time and goes allin preflop five or six times in a row if he hits and doubles up he's stays, if he loses he will say something like "this table is to cold for me" and go to another table and do the samething. almost as if he is playing blackjack or something. You just have to love it. But when he hits, it could be your worst nightmare.If you think someone is playing donkish, do not encourage them to play better, buckle up and go along for the ride, normally those are some of your most profitable sessions.And please do not dog them in the forums without knowing exactly what type of people they are or what they stand for

At this point I started getting a little frustrated and after this hand it got worst. I get A10 suited spades on my straddle and Sam raises to $70....now seeing how this guy will call pretty much anything I decided not to race with him, whats the point? I end up calling flop comes out 677 I check he bets $100 I call, turn comes Q I check he thinks for a long time and checks, river K I check he bets $150 I think for a while on what he could possibly have...its obvious he doesnt have a Q,6,7 maybe he caught a king but unlikely......I also tie with AJ so I thought for a minute and decided to call, he showed K4 off suit and wins the pot.After he is raking in his chips he looks at his wife, girlfriend or whoever this chick was sitting behind him and whispers something in her ear and she looks right at me and smiles/laughs. I don't all this get to me because if it does it will just ruin my game. I decided to just keep playing how I have been and let him bluff his money off and trap him because he is such a donkey.
It sounds like either...1) He already got to you and put you on tilt so your not playing your game or...2) Your game was ruined before you even started playing with him.

Does anyone know the whole/more of the story about the fight Grizzle had with Hellmuth? I'm interested in hearing about that. It doesn't seem like Phil is the type to throw down at all.Grizzle was playing 1/2 NL...100 Max...LOL at a lower limit tournament series here in Buffalo a couple of years back, and I recall some lady who was with him remarking "You better hope nobody you know sees you playing at this table...", referring to the limits...so unless that was a work, I would think he's playing higher than 2-5 NL on the regular.I'd be happy to be playing with the guy. I am sure he has something he could teach ya just by sitting with him, like any pro.

Ya a known poker player is really gonna be hurt by nut barring a 2 - 5 game and losing a few buy ins. Even I can lose a few buy ins at 2 - 5 and not have it hurt. Big deal.

Ya a known poker player is really gonna be hurt by nut barring a 2 - 5 game and losing a few buy ins. Even I can lose a few buy ins at 2 - 5 and not have it hurt. Big deal.
Brag post?

I find it hilarious that so many people seem to think that because Grizzle is a "name" pro and because he plays/played high that he has any sort of net worth. From what I've heard/read about Sam I think it's far more likely that he was playing 2/5 to make money to buy groceries than as a nutbar. He's notorious for playing small stakes while trying to scrounge up a stake to play bigger.

Some of you people seem to be overestimating Sam Grizzle's net worth. Here are 2 great articles on him written by Todd Brunson in Cardplayer.http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/16981http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/17000
He sounds like a degen to the max. It's sad really. Not even having a kid can steer him away from his degen ways. If that doesn't do it, I don't think anything will. How can you possibly look your child in the face and not be completely disgusted with yourself?
I'm under the impression that Sam was probably just messing around for pocket change. Sam's been around for a long time and he can play. Good job on making a nice profit. Sam is the only person that Hellmuth has gotten into a fight with since he was a kid and, from what I understand, Sam won that one. He also put Phil in his place in the 2003 WSOP:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtJbFaxWOBQ
you tell 'em, DCJ001
I find it hilarious that so many people seem to think that because Grizzle is a "name" pro and because he plays/played high that he has any sort of net worth. From what I've heard/read about Sam I think it's far more likely that he was playing 2/5 to make money to buy groceries than as a nutbar. He's notorious for playing small stakes while trying to scrounge up a stake to play bigger.
luckyyou5.jpgWow, I even made myself laugh right when I posted this...
when do you have time
Its not really a brag post. I play at fallsview where they restrict 2 - 5 buy ins to $200 max. So losing 2 or 3 buy ins at that wouldnt really hurt since I usually go with more than that. You dont wanna play me, and I quit online cash games as of this week.
I agree I have seen him in Atlantic City playing 2-5 NL also. In the hilton, which is not a big money rooom at all.
Its not really a brag post. I play at fallsview where they restrict 2 - 5 buy ins to $200 max. So losing 2 or 3 buy ins at that wouldnt really hurt since I usually go with more than that. You dont wanna play me, and I quit online cash games as of this week.
why dont i want to play you