$5.25 Heads Up Sng

I have little experience playin heads up sngs, so I'm not really sure where to go with this hand.. not too many reads.. he does like to play the turn a lot so his raise was no surprise.. the river raise was a bit of a surprise, but he did something earlier and showed 3rd pair.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t1515)Button (t1485)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :D , J :) . Button raises to t90, Hero calls t60.Flop: (t180) 7 :D , K :club: , Q :D(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: (t180) 6 :)(2 players)Hero bets t110, Button raises to t270, Hero calls t160.River: (t720) J :D(2 players)Hero bets t400, Button raises to t1125, Hero calls ?

normally i would agree..but i guess i didnt fully explain what his normal betting pattern was to this point... pretty much everytime he raised pre.. he'd go check bet check.. then fold to any bet.. which was why i bet the river..

normally i would agree..but i guess i didnt fully explain what his normal betting pattern was to this point... pretty much everytime he raised pre.. he'd go check bet check.. then fold to any bet.. which was why i bet the river..
If he'd been checking most flops, I would lead out then.

IMO, I think that I would have three bet pre-flop. I'm not sure what your image was at this point, but I like to play really aggressive in the beginning of HU SnGs. That way, later in the match, he thinks I am a crazy maniac and calls me down with third pair for all his chips.Also, if he was checking behind often, I think it is mandatory that you lead the flop.I probably call the river (as played).

I play quite a lot of Turbo HU SnG $5-$20 experience and for me the villains preflop range is a lot wider than you might think. Your flop check might indicate weakness and plenty of people will see this as just cause to bluff later/not believe any raises you make.The only hands I seriously see him having his KQ, which seems unlikely or a set.Surely both those hands bet this flop with the draws?I can't see this being AT very often either (<10%)I think you are ahead > 70% of the time here. Probably more.So I call.He probably has Kx.I think you played this well, most will say lead the flop due to the draws but I think you can fold if that hits on a later street and you get resistance, you will probably make more by concealing the King to induce the bluff/overplay with 2nd/3rd pair which is exactly what I think happened here. Could be completely wrong.