Being that I am a big JJ Abrams fan...I am very excited to see this movie.It has been a good advertising campaign so far....not a CLUE what the monster will be like (if we even SEE it?)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that I am a big JJ Abrams fan...I am very excited to see this movie.It has been a good advertising campaign so far....not a CLUE what the monster will be like (if we even SEE it?)
Maybe it will be like the cloud of smoke that flies around on lost :club:
Godzilla meets Blair Witch
I actually liked the Blair Witch Project, at least they were being creative with how they told a story. Thats about the only thing that has me interested in this, the story telling perspective could make it interesting.
I actually liked the Blair Witch Project, at least they were being creative with how they told a story. Thats about the only thing that has me interested in this, the story telling perspective could make it interesting.
I agree, if it wasn't shot like this but just another Monster attack there would be no originality to it. I love Blair Witch Project, it's actually one of the few movies that really scared the crap out of me lol.

Is the whole movie shot that way?I had the thought that maybe it would be half based in normal style, and then have future people looking at the old tapes or something along those lines. (I haven't really read anything about it... so I'm just thinking to myself)Probably not though.... But it could work that way too.

I've wasted too much time trying to find information on this movie. From what I've read, the whole movie was filmed with HD cameras, and then modified in post production to look like the entire movie was filmed with camcorders. As far as the monster itself, I've seen two distinct possibilities that seem to be decent prospects. Scroll down only if you want to see the pics...............................This one is a model that came from the movie's creature designer, but I think it's probably a red herring.cloverfieldmonster01.jpgAnd this one is an actual pre-production design from the movie.cloverfield-monster-picture.jpgJJ Abrams has mentioned in interviews that the monster will resemble a whale.Meh, 99 times out of a 100 I could care less about big monster movies, but this one has oddly piqued my interest.

This is an upclose video of the 'monster' going between the buildings from the trailer:http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/s...ent=monster.flvHard to tell but it doesn't look like the whale after replaying 5 or 6 times. I clearly see defined legs.
Yeah, I saw that the other day too. That makes it look more like the first picture I posted. Between all the musings of fanboys and misdirections laid out by the crew itself, it's impossible to even guess what it's going to look like.
That does look Godzillaish.Or maybe it's a giant Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
If Abrams cleverly disguised a TMNT movie as Cloverfield, I'd become a fan for life. The reaction of all the Abrams followers would be a sight to behold. Actually, it would be even better if this turned out to be a remake of Howard the Duck and the monster in question turned out to be the thing Jeffrey Jones turned into in the original movie.howardduck7.jpg
Actually, it would be even better if this turned out to be a remake of Howard the Duck and the monster in question turned out to be the thing Jeffrey Jones turned into in the original movie.
Howard the Duck... bwahahahahaThat would be sweet.

If a giant monster attacked New York it would get destroyed so quick there wouldnt be time for a movie. It might get his for about 15 mins or so, but once the helicopter missles start reigning down on it that mofo would be toast.

If a giant monster attacked New York it would get destroyed so quick there wouldnt be time for a movie. It might get his for about 15 mins or so, but once the helicopter missles start reigning down on it that mofo would be toast.
What if it was flying a plane?too soon?
That does look Godzillaish.Or maybe it's a giant Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Now THAT would be a movie!All the buildup and scary premonition to have Michaelangelo pop out of the water on a skateboard with a slice of pizza.