Problem Installing Stars

downloaded it. When I click for the install it says:The installer has encountered a disk write error.Please ensure that all other applications are closed beforeattempting installation. Also ensure that destination drive hassufficient space and that you have the necessary access rights.It's a toshiba notebook. I don't know shit about computers.Please help

downloaded it. When I click for the install it says:The installer has encountered a disk write error.Please ensure that all other applications are closed beforeattempting installation. Also ensure that destination drive hassufficient space and that you have the necessary access rights.It's a toshiba notebook. I don't know shit about computers.Please help
Let me guess. Your operating system is Microsoft Virus (oops, I mean Vista)?(EDIT: If so, try right clicking on the setup file, select the compatibility tab, and select "Run as administrator.")
Let me guess. Your operating system is Microsoft Virus (oops, I mean Vista)?(EDIT: If so, try right clicking on the setup file, select the compatibility tab, and select "Run as administrator.")
Good guess. Tried right clicking everything, no love. When I click cancel it gives me an option to retry as administrator, still no good.
  • 2 years later...

Hey how did you fix this?I'm at work right and want to play but it's giving me the same error message!!!Any help would be appreciated!!

Hey how did you fix this?I'm at work right and want to play but it's giving me the same error message!!!Any help would be appreciated!!
Send Poker Stars an e-mail explaining in deatail what's happening, they probably have faced the issue many times and will have a solution.
Send Poker Stars an e-mail explaining in deatail what's happening, they probably have faced the issue many times and will have a solution.
Emailed, I'm on a restricted computer tho, & i have limited access to downloading stuff because im not the administrator. Just gonna google if there is a way around this