Just Another Plo8 Hand In The Life Of A Degenerate...

Played this hand last night, always forget to save the hand history, so I have re-created it for some comments (Note: its early, I haven’t finished my first coffee yet today, so the pot sizes might be slightly off):UB - $0.50/1.00 PLO8, 7 handedJust sat down. Hero ($50 starting stack) posts in CO position. Doesn’t have notes on any playersUTG folds. UTG + 1 ($110 stack) limps. Folds to hero in CO, who checks with Ac, Ks, Jh 5h. SB completes ($30 stack). BB checks ($15 stack).Flop comes Ah Kh 6s. ($4 in pot)SB checks. BB checks. UTG +1 checks. Hero bets pot. SB calls. BB folds. UTG +1 calls.Turn comes 9d. ($16 pot)SB checks. UTG +1 checks. Hero bets pot. SB folds. UTG +1 calls.River 10c. ($48 pot)UTG +1 bets pot. Hero ???

UTG +1 bets pot. Hero ???
is beat by QJ, 78 and TT.This is pretty hard without reads. This can be a missed low repping whatever the river card brings. This could also be 66xx flat-calling the turn to push a non-heart river.His story doesn't really add up, truthfully.. What is he limping UTG+1, and check/calling two streets with that he can fire out on the river? AQJT? If he's got a legit hand, is he really putting you all in on the river?I'd like to see some additional thoughts on this, too..

Would he really call a pot sized bet cards that make the 6-T straight there? QhJTx (with 2 hearts?) just about fits the bill. Also QhJ87 (one other heart). I'd probably be reraising with those though.Surely wouldn't call those bets with TTxx either. Maybe TTxx with hearts. With those draws out there surely he's reraising any flopped sets and not betting out the river when one of those draws hits. So it's either a made straight with QhJTx or a stone cold bluff unless he's going crazy. The pot sized bet on the river with the nuts isn't unbelievable, some people do that try to make you think they are bluffing.Tough spot.I'd probably call.But I'm not a massive authority on PLO8b, Omaha is such a horrific game.

Some of my thoughts as the hand played out:Pre-flop - considered raising pre-flop to hopefully buy the button (and maybe steal the pot pre-flop), but was playing on two other tables at the same time, so I didnt have a lot of time to think/react, so I ended up just calling.Dallas (my 2 year old daughter), go watch your show (as she was tugging on my arm throughout the entire hand).On the flop -Pretty good flop for my hand. Top two pair, second nut flush draw, but two to a low, so im thinking that I may as well make them pay to draw for half.Oops, that's not Dora, that's Family guy. better change the channel.On the turn - not much has changed. Make em pay, I always say (not always, but I think im supposed to bet there).On the river - wtf? he is betting into me? Do I really want to risk going broke on the first hand I played on this table? But wait, if I fold, people might try to start taking my pots away from me with air. Oh man. Lots of hands beat me right now. He has a big stack for this table. How did he get it I wonder. What to do...what to do...about 28 seconds later, I make I decision.

Maybe this is way too simplistic, but given how difficult it is to put opponents on hands in O8, and given the fact that (absent a read otherwise) most players don't like risking big bets on bluffs in cash games, how can it be wrong to give him credit for a better hand here and fold? After all, Hero only has T2P, which isn't exactly a solid hand in this game.

My guess is villain had heart draw and gut shot str8 draw (probably lo draw as well) figure you for a set/ lo draw and hit his weak draw to the high on the river. I fold and wait for a better spot or at least a better read on opponent :club:

Hey Rocket!
Hey.So, I've lost a bit of sleep over this one stupid hand, ONLY because the villain had the gall to show me the Ad 2s 3h 4c (or some other rainbow with A 2 3 4, as I am going by memory) AFTER I FOLDED. Regardless of what he had, I'm still undecided as to whether I should have called or not (leaning heavily towards a call due to my stack size).
Oops, that's not Dora, that's Family guy. better change the channel.
I am really sick and tired of Dora and her little coked out Monkey friend. My daughter (3 1/2) now shouts at the screen when Dora does the dumb interaction with the viewer. Yesterday on an airplane she shouted at the screen for an hour while watching a Dora DVD. I'm sure it bugged the crud out of the people around us, so thank goodness I had an IPOD and could pretend not to hear her. Anyone here flying from Phoenix to Chicago yesterday, I apologize.On to the hand. If the guy pushed the stack in very quickly after the river hit, I would call. If he took a few moments before shoving I would fold. Thought is that if he pushed quickly he was gonna do it no matter what and was trying to confuse you. If he thought a moment or two then pushed he recounted his card and realized he made a straight. I would never put this guy on any set. Straight or air.
Hey.So, I've lost a bit of sleep over this one stupid hand, ONLY because the villain had the gall to show me the Ad 2s 3h 4c (or some other rainbow with A 2 3 4, as I am going by memory) AFTER I FOLDED. Regardless of what he had, I'm still undecided as to whether I should have called or not (leaning heavily towards a call due to my stack size).
I think I would have had to make the call here too. The SB really smells like he's fishing for hearts with the flop and turn calls, and is trying to save face and nail a pot when the river came blank. It's a hard call to make when it's your first hand at the table, especially with all the distractions going on in the background. Had you had your full attention on the hand, I think you could have made the call.