Michigan Wolverines

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Alabama just win the SEC's fourth national title in a row!??! I THINK SO!SUCK IT SUCK IT SUCK IT SUCK IT SEE YOU NEXT YEAR GOOD LUCK WITH MICHIGAN WINNING FIVE GAMES NEXT YEAR.

quality wins over LSU and Oregon.......the other two are in the ACC though so....ya knowbut yeah, good bowl year for the Big 10 fwiw
you talk a lot of crap for a guy who roots for one of all time/classic underachieving programs.
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Iowa and Ohio State in BCS Bowls this year. Indiana will surprise, IMO.. 7-9 wins. Michigan will still be garbage. Bring on Nebraska. Holler.
OSU and no one else. Iowa isn't going to live up to expectations, they "ran good" last year scraping out a lot of really close wins. They eat the other side of variance this year.
OSU and no one else. Iowa isn't going to live up to expectations, they "ran good" last year scraping out a lot of really close wins. They eat the other side of variance this year.
So, last year wasnt making up for '08 when they lost 4 games by 12 points? Ahhh, who am I kidding? They did run good. They bring so much back, though..and all the tough games are at home.. and just, ahhh.. I mean, 10+ wins would be awesome, but.. man.. anyway..So.. Denard or Tate?
So.. Denard or Tate?
No idea.I hear the team is behind Denard because he put in more time in the off season. He was soooo inaccurate with his passing last year that scares me. I wouldn't be surprised if they split time.
No idea.I hear the team is behind Denard because he put in more time in the off season. He was soooo inaccurate with his passing last year that scares me. I wouldn't be surprised if they split time.
Yeah, last year I was scared every time he passed. But if he actually has improved... would be great.
  • 3 weeks later...
Great game this weekend. I feel like we finally got to see what Rodriguez has wanted the team to look like. I just hope it wasn't a fluke.
I think it's just as much a poor showing by UConn as it was a good showing by Michigan. That holds true on both sides of the ball, but especially when the Wolverines were on defense. Despite only scoring the 10 points, I think UConn moved the ball pretty effectively. UConn's passing game was incredibly erratic, but I couldn't help but think it had little to do with Michigan's pass rush/secondary. Even on defense, UConn just looked horrible. In part, I'm sure that was good scheming and Robinson being all fast and shifty as fuck, but it really looked like UConn's front 7 was just getting manhandled, and I really doubt that will be the case next week against Notre Dame. But I'm a noted pessimist, and the early line on the Michgan at ND tilt -- it opened at 4.5, currently sits at 4.0, and looks, given the way it's priced, like it's more likely to fall to 3.5 than jump back to 4.5 -- is encouraging. Apparently, sharps think Michigan is pretty close in terms of talent to Notre Dame (homefield in college is generally worth 3 or 3.5 points, meaning on a neutral site, the game would be set at Notre Dame-1.5 or so), which is very good news. I think if the line had been set in the preseason, it would have been Notre Dame -7.5, give or take a half-point. At this point, the books have Michigan winning this game over 1/3 of the time, which I would have taken in a heartbeat as Michigan fan on August 1st.Go Blue.

Michgan/Notre Dame down to ND-3.5 across the board. I'd be shocked if it dipped to 3.0, but 3.5 is still pretty good news. Based on the moneylines floating around, it looks like Michigan can be expected to win this game a shade less than 38% of the time. I still like ND-3.5 and would take them at anything better than -180 on the ML, but this is still great news for Michigan fans. Let's just hope it's not Notre Dame backlash moving the line.

Michgan/Notre Dame down to ND-3.5 across the board. I'd be shocked if it dipped to 3.0, but 3.5 is still pretty good news. Based on the moneylines floating around, it looks like Michigan can be expected to win this game a shade less than 38% of the time. I still like ND-3.5 and would take them at anything better than -180 on the ML, but this is still great news for Michigan fans. Let's just hope it's not Notre Dame backlash moving the line.
Hey, I'm feeling like taking ND and the points too. I see almost 89% of the public on Michigan right now. But it scares me that you say the sharps are on Michigan as well. Do you think it makes more sense to take -3.5 right now for ND, or does it make more sense to wait to see if gets brought down to 3.0? Or do you think there's a better chance it goes up to -4.0?
Hey, I'm feeling like taking ND and the points too. I see almost 89% of the public on Michigan right now. But it scares me that you say the sharps are on Michigan as well. Do you think it makes more sense to take -3.5 right now for ND, or does it make more sense to wait to see if gets brought down to 3.0? Or do you think there's a better chance it goes up to -4.0?
Not sure. I think it's unlikely it gets as low as 3.0, but the difference between 3.0 and 3.5 is muuuuch bigger than the difference between 3.5 and 4.0, so buy at your own risk. My gut says 3.5 will be a good number come post time, but I'd at least wait until Friday night or Saturday morning before I move. ESPN Scouts Inc just posted something about Michigan covering the number, and I'd bet we see more of that before kickoff. I just checked, and it looks like it's back up to 4.0 most places. Pinny's got it at UM+3.5 -104 ND-3.5-106. It looks to me like the line is going to settle around 3.75, so if you can get 3.5, you're probably safe taking it. If it gets as low as 3.0, most of the sharps who bought at 4.5 or higher are going to buy back, so there's little chance the equilibrium is going to set anywhere below 3.5

UConn...not exactly known as a football powerhouse. Is it any wonder Michigan beat them? They don't even seem to be ranked and the Big East isn't exactly the Big Ten or the PAC Ten...(except for WV)The Buckeyes are going to creampie the rest of the division, including the Hawkeyes.So there.

UConn...not exactly known as a football powerhouse. Is it any wonder Michigan beat them? They don't even seem to be ranked and the Big East isn't exactly the Big Ten or the PAC Ten...(except for WV)The Buckeyes are going to creampie the rest of the division, including the Hawkeyes.So there.
Um, no. On all accounts.
Um, no. On all accounts.
Some dude on the Michigan team didn't even have to tie his shoes to beat the Huskies.The only ranked team in the Big East is WVUCONN may have only lost their 5 games last year by a combined 15 points, but how much does that mean in that conference?Anyway, just busting nuts as this thread includes trash talking, but your reply is kind of sad. If UCONN wins the conference, I'll be pretty surprised.
Some dude on the Michigan team didn't even have to tie his shoes to beat the Huskies.The only ranked team in the Big East is WVUCONN may have only lost their 5 games last year by a combined 15 points, but how much does that mean in that conference?Anyway, just busting nuts as this thread includes trash talking, but your reply is kind of sad. If UCONN wins the conference, I'll be pretty surprised.
You need to bash on Iowa to make this post towards him work they way you want it too.Like tell him that Spievey sucks!
You need to bash on Iowa to make this post towards him work they way you want it too.Like tell him that Spievey sucks!
GotchaAmari? Isn't that a girl's name? And dosen't he play for the Lions, a girl team? And, hey, he was third in tackles for Iowa as a soph, which is pretty good, but that also means the Hawkeyes sucked tailpipe and had a leaky front line.:-D