Michigan Wolverines

GotchaAmari? Isn't that a girl's name? And dosen't he play for the Lions, a girl team? And, hey, he was third in tackles for Iowa as a soph, which is pretty good, but that also means the Hawkeyes sucked tailpipe and had a leaky front line.:-D
I'm going to wait until I have calmed down to reply.
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to wait until I have calmed down to reply.
Yeah, I got nothing.
Heh...All in good fun, of course. Solid performances from both the Buckeyes and Hawkeyes over the weekend. Should be a nice run up to Nov. 20th when the two teams face off in Iowa City.
Heh...All in good fun, of course. Solid performances from both the Buckeyes and Hawkeyes over the weekend. Should be a nice run up to Nov. 20th when the two teams face off in Iowa City.
Game will be huge.. winner is essentially guaranteed a spot in the Rose Bowl if not more likely the BCS Championship game.
Denard Robinson for Heisman?
This isn't necessarily directed at this post but the 4 words have been uttered by UofM fans all week but on the radio but they leave out the question mark and I think it is a big premature. 2 games. No real competition. No conference play yet.I will say this, I hate UofM. Always have. But I watched the ND game and will probably watch the Umass game as well but he makes it interesting.Here is a question that was posed earlier this week to UofM fans and while some got their vagina's all sandy over it and called in to whine about the question, it seemed to me that it was an interesting hypothetical.Go back to when Richrod took over. He allegedly had Tyrell Pryor lined up, and Mallet was on the team. Where would you like to be now, today.With Pryor who is not a 3rd year QB and arguably has a shot to lead Ohio State to the NC? He might have been good enough to get you into at least one bowl game the last two years?Mallet?Or Shoelace who has 2 games experience.I gotta think you have to take Pryor. Is Denard's 2 games worth 8-16 the previous 2 years?
Defense is non-existant. How much blame to we put on Greg Robinson for this? I mean, I know we are thin on solid players and there's injuries, but you've got to pull something better together than this.
Put all of it on Robinson. He destroys defenses everywhere he goes.
haha Hawkeyes.
Not that I'm not very disappointed, because I am.. but I don't think it's a bad loss. You can't give away 15 points on special teams and expect to win on the road, let alone at night against a ranked team. The fact that Iowa tied it up in the 4th is pretty telling. I think our corners are rough and I think our LBs are good but very inexperienced. I think our O-line is pretty green, still. All that said, I still think Iowa has a legitimate shot at the Big Ten title. Could always be worse, though.. we could be Iowa State.
Also, Michigan's defense is terrible. Getting gashed by UMass is embarassing.
Yeah...a "We got the W" comment will not make things any better for such a shoddy defensive performance.TBF, the Hawks-Arizona game was the only game between Top 25 ranked teams, so it's not like they (Iowa) performed shamefully, unlike Oklahoma who barely beat unranked Air Force 27-24 or Arkansas, who needed a late TD to beat a bad Georgia team (0-2 in the SEC thusfar) or Wisconsin, who eked out a 1 point win against Arizona State.Both AZ teams seem to be underranked...maybe they can make some smart guy some money along the way.Alabama-Arkansas should be a good one this weekend. Several other ranked vs ranked teams are up against it, as well. Poll shake-up time...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next game versus MSU is huge. Aside from the rivalry which is always a pretty personal one, this is their chance to show that they are not the same team as last year who won in september and then fell apart. It's their first real challenge, and I hope they rise to it. I think the horrendous michigan defense may actually have an easier time with msu's type of offense, and the game is at home, so there is hope.

Next game versus MSU is huge. Aside from the rivalry which is always a pretty personal one, this is their chance to show that they are not the same team as last year who won in september and then fell apart. It's their first real challenge, and I hope they rise to it. I think the horrendous michigan defense may actually have an easier time with msu's type of offense, and the game is at home, so there is hope.
MSU wins, it's a no-brainer. Slowly but surely U of M will become the little brother.