Michigan Wolverines

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew you'd have something to say, being a Northwestern fan.. but, congrats. Any one of those three pass interference/defensive holding calls would've been nice..but, whatever. We've lived a charmed season up until this point and can't hardly complain about not getting a break. Not much you can do. Lost our top two RBs, lost one of our best OL, lost a starting CB and a starting safety. Now we lost our QB. Good run, but it's over now. Still control our own destiny as far as the Rose Bowl, though. Never really felt like this after a sporting event.. pretty awful.

I knew you'd have something to say, being a Northwestern fan.. but, congrats. Any one of those three pass interference/defensive holding calls would've been nice..but, whatever. We've lived a charmed season up until this point and can't hardly complain about not getting a break. Not much you can do. Lost our top two RBs, lost one of our best OL, lost a starting CB and a starting safety. Now we lost our QB. Good run, but it's over now. Still control our own destiny as far as the Rose Bowl, though. Never really felt like this after a sporting event.. pretty awful.
Alumnus. I'm a Nebraska fan, I'm an NU alumnus, and any win they have is just gravy. I don't think Northwestern really has fans, just alumni. Everyone in chicago roots for Norte Dame, Michigan or Wisconsin. It's really odd how much of Iowa's number NU's had over the past few years. With Kafka hurt, I didn't think NU had much chance of winning this game at all.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA oh Michigan. You have to beat OSU just to make a bowl. Pzowned.
Michigans spread offense vs OSU's stout D, and OSU's inept offense against Michigan's joke of a defense. There is potential for a good game.Gross part is Michigan is one or two plays away from winning 3 of the last 5 games, sooo sad.
  • 2 weeks later...
If you think Iowa can walk into OSU and win, I'm willing to bet that game straight up right now. You probably don't want to do that with me though, some OSU fans might actually give you points. I like Michigan's chances of beating them better than Iowa's.We can do a prop bet though. Point spread of the Michigan/OSU game vs the point spread of the Iowa/OSU game. If one of our teams win and the other loses vs OSU, that determines the winner. however if both lose or both win, its decided by who won by more or lost by less. We can just do something fun like signatures for a week or something.You down?
Don't worry, I didn't forget about our prop bet.
You're. And if me not having it immediately after the game(though I must have missed that contigency) nullifies our bet, then whatever.
You said it was supposed to start the night after the Mich/OSU game, but to be fair I haven't been around much so I'm good on waiting on you too finish it up. I got a kick out of the signature but the clown pic doesn't appear to want to work because of how big it is, better send a new one.
  • 2 weeks later...
Brandon Graham and Daryll Clark split the Silver football award.. what? Brandon Graham wasn't even the best defensive player in the Big Ten. Clark, sure..okay, whatever..but Graham? Really? Weird year in the Big Ten.
pretty sure every NFL scout disagrees with you. Graham is going to be a high first round pick.
pretty sure every NFL scout disagrees with you. Graham is going to be a high first round pick.
Not sure what his draft status has to do with him being the best player in the league. The LB from MSU, the DE Schofield from Wisconsin, Odrick and Bowman from PSU were all better players, IMO.And Bryan Bulaga, the OT from Iowa, is projected higher than Graham, so if that's your measuring stick, then Bulaga should've won the Silver Football. .
Not sure what his draft status has to do with him being the best player in the league. The LB from MSU, the DE Schofield from Wisconsin, Odrick and Bowman from PSU were all better players, IMO.And Bryan Bulaga, the OT from Iowa, is projected higher than Graham, so if that's your measuring stick, then Bulaga should've won the Silver Football. .
Usually the better of a player you are the higher you get drafted.Michigan's defense was pretty shitty all year, when it got stops its because BG would make 3 huge plays in a row. He singlehandedly kept them in some games when the rest of the defense was giving up huge plays. He pulled a goal line stand vs OSU where he by himself stuffed the run for loss twice then chased down Pryor and sacked him for three straight plays that were losses. There isn't another defensive player in the big ten that could have done that.
Usually the better of a player you are the higher you get drafted.Michigan's defense was pretty shitty all year, when it got stops its because BG would make 3 huge plays in a row. He singlehandedly kept them in some games when the rest of the defense was giving up huge plays. He pulled a goal line stand vs OSU where he by himself stuffed the run for loss twice then chased down Pryor and sacked him for three straight plays that were losses. There isn't another defensive player in the big ten that could have done that.
Draft status has zero to do with college accomplishments..ask Eric Crouch or Josh Heupel. Anyway.. So, we're rewarding him because the rest of his team is junk? Also, Navorro Bowman, Greg Jones, Sean Lee and Pat Angerer are all as productive or more productive.And that's just talking about linebackers. He's a great player, no doubt.. but he's not the best player in the Big Ten. And if he's better than the LB from MSU, why isn't he on anyone's All American list when Jones is? Angerer even made a few 2nd teams.
Good for Michigan. Robinson was a good coach in Denver and never really figured it out in Syracuse. He was one of the first for Shanny to start laying the blame on when his team under-achieved.
I think Denver's D was good in spite of Robinson. Everywhere he's gone since he's left worse than when he got there. The Chiefs Defense under Robinson was dreadful. They did not force a single punt in a playoff game in 2003 at home! Yes, I am bitter. GL to Michigan though.
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice win for the Badgers and the Big Ten.
It was a good win over a team that probably starts out top ten next year. The Miami market is blasting the Hurricanes for that game though, they are being pretty brutal.
It was a good win over a team that probably starts out top ten next year. The Miami market is blasting the Hurricanes for that game though, they are being pretty brutal.
Miami won't even win the pathetic ACC next year, book it..........

Orlando should lose the citrus bowl for allowing teh field to get in this kind of shape. Its almost too dangerous for the players to run on imo. Any speed advantage a player has is gone too

Did the Big-10 just go 4-0 in it's top bowl games? I guess so...

Penn State, Iowa, Ohio State and Wisconsin all defeated teams that were supposedly faster and more athletic. They were the myth busters of the BCS, scoffing at the "power vs. speed" plotlines. Georgia Tech and Oregon had the sexy offenses, but the Big Ten teams won with the time-tested formulas of defense, special teams and just enough offense.
Wins over LSU, Oregon, GT and Miami all ranked in the top 15. 2-0 in BCS bowls...