Michigan Wolverines

If Michigan wouldn't have had 5 turnovers we would've won by 14. Even with 5 turnovers you guys barely won. I realize our safeties are our downfall in the secondary. And by the way we beat EMU by 20 or something. The second and third string were playing by the middle of the 3rd.Also this is coming from a guy spouting off about us squeaking by. What about your 3 pt win over Arkansas St?Also you barely beat N. Iowa in week 1, WTF are you talking about barely beating teams!
I'll take barely beating N. Iowa over losing to Appalachain State. Obviously you didn't watch any of the Arkansas State game, I'd use your turnover argument to point out that it would've easily been 28-7 if it weren't for a pick 6 that made it 21-14, but I live in the now.. not the what could've been. Also, congrats on beating Eastern Michigan by 20. I guess you don't want to talk about the Indiana game. Also, if we had made any kind of decent play calls on 3rd/4th and short, we'd have won by 20. P.s. 6-0.
The entire big ten sucks.
Iowa > Miami
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa > Miami
nope. and by next year the gap will be a lot wider. call me when Iowa does something on the national stage.the same reasons why you hated on Michigan are the same reasons why I am not impressed you survived by two points against a team that made a boatload of mistakes and is starting true frosh QBs.
nope. and by next year the gap will be a lot wider. call me when Iowa does something on the national stage.the same reasons why you hated on Michigan are the same reasons why I am not impressed you survived by two points against a team that made a boatload of mistakes and is starting true frosh QBs.
The only reason I even really rubbed it in is because Michigan fans are so god damn obnoxious. Anyway, I don't really expect anyone to be impressed with any of our wins. Outside of Iowa State, Penn State and Arizona, they've all been pretty ugly. The truth is, I don't care. This is the second time Iowa's started 6-0 since I was born(and I was 1 the last time). If they win next week on the road at Wisconsin, they'll be 7-0 for the first time since 1922. They can keep winning ugly as long as they keep winning, I'm just enjoying the ride. We're not Miami, we're not Oklahoma.. seasons like this don't happen real often. The Hawkeyes had 15+ consecutive losing season in the 60's and 70's. I thought at the beginning of the season we could have a better team than last year and a worse record.. and we went 9-4 last year. Also, I don't think the gap will be as wide as you think. If everyone who's available comes back next year, Iowa returns 18 starters and both kickers.
The only reason I even really rubbed it in is because Michigan fans are so god damn obnoxious. Anyway, I don't really expect anyone to be impressed with any of our wins. Outside of Iowa State, Penn State and Arizona, they've all been pretty ugly. The truth is, I don't care. This is the second time Iowa's started 6-0 since I was born(and I was 1 the last time). If they win next week on the road at Wisconsin, they'll be 7-0 for the first time since 1922. They can keep winning ugly as long as they keep winning, I'm just enjoying the ride. We're not Miami, we're not Oklahoma.. seasons like this don't happen real often. The Hawkeyes had 15+ consecutive losing season in the 60's and 70's. I thought at the beginning of the season we could have a better team than last year and a worse record.. and we went 9-4 last year. Also, I don't think the gap will be as wide as you think. If everyone who's available comes back next year, Iowa returns 18 starters and both kickers.
all that is......pretty fair. Congrats Iowa.I saw the schedule though....if they stay undefeated they will have earned it. Lots of road games.
all that is......pretty fair. Congrats Iowa.I saw the schedule though....if they stay undefeated they will have earned it. Lots of road games.
Let me say this, though.. as an Iowa fan and a Big Ten fan, if Iowa does finish 2nd, I really, really hope they don't go to a BCS game. It really effs up the bowl slotting and works against the league in general. Last year, if we had only one team, we likely would've won 5-6 of our bowl games instead of Iowa's win in the Outback Bowl.
The only reason I even really rubbed it in is because Michigan fans are so god damn obnoxious.
LMAO @ this...Iowa fans when they think they are good, talk more shit than anyone. Thats why I made so mubch money betting the game because of cocky Iowa fans who thought they were going to blow out anyone. Three home wins by 6 points and I've got Iowa fans laying me 10 points, hahahahaha.Retards.
I saw the schedule though....if they stay undefeated they will have earned it. Lots of road games.
They are not going undefeated. You can count OSU as a loss and they probably lose one of the other road games too.
Let me say this, though.. as an Iowa fan and a Big Ten fan, if Iowa does finish 2nd, I really, really hope they don't go to a BCS game. It really effs up the bowl slotting and works against the league in general. Last year, if we had only one team, we likely would've won 5-6 of our bowl games instead of Iowa's win in the Outback Bowl.
translation: you want iowa to win it's bowl game and thus not play a bcs bowl team.
LMAO @ this...Iowa fans when they think they are good, talk more shit than anyone. Thats why I made so mubch money betting the game because of cocky Iowa fans who thought they were going to blow out anyone. Three home wins by 6 points and I've got Iowa fans laying me 10 points, hahahahaha.Retards.
Yeah.. I know Iowa fans dip 65 years into the record books to brag about how good their teams are. Michigan fans would never do something like that.
They are not going undefeated. You can count OSU as a loss and they probably lose one of the other road games too.
I like Iowa's chances of going undefeated much better than Michigan's.
translation: you want iowa to win it's bowl game and thus not play a bcs bowl team.
I think the whole conference would do well to lay back a year.
Yeah.. I know Iowa fans dip 65 years into the record books to brag about how good their teams are. Michigan fans would never do something like that.
You just pulled out your sample size in the other thread of 2002... When was Iowa's last national championship?
I like Iowa's chances of going undefeated much better than Michigan's.
So you think a 4-2 team can't go undefeated? Hope that limb you just climbed out on doesn't snap.If you think Iowa can walk into OSU and win, I'm willing to bet that game straight up right now. You probably don't want to do that with me though, some OSU fans might actually give you points. I like Michigan's chances of beating them better than Iowa's.We can do a prop bet though. Point spread of the Michigan/OSU game vs the point spread of the Iowa/OSU game. If one of our teams win and the other loses vs OSU, that determines the winner. however if both lose or both win, its decided by who won by more or lost by less. We can just do something fun like signatures for a week or something.You down?
You just pulled out your sample size in the other thread of 2002... When was Iowa's last national championship?So you think a 4-2 team can't go undefeated? Hope that limb you just climbed out on doesn't snap.If you think Iowa can walk into OSU and win, I'm willing to bet that game straight up right now. You probably don't want to do that with me though, some OSU fans might actually give you points. I like Michigan's chances of beating them better than Iowa's.We can do a prop bet though. Point spread of the Michigan/OSU game vs the point spread of the Iowa/OSU game. If one of our teams win and the other loses vs OSU, that determines the winner. however if both lose or both win, its decided by who won by more or lost by less. We can just do something fun like signatures for a week or something.You down?
I don't think they can just walk in and win..but I think that our defense can contain their offense without a whole lot of effort, honestly. I think Michigan's offense is much better than Ohio State's and while we gave up more yards than I'd have liked on the ground, we shut Michigan down through the air. If our offense can score 20 in that game, I think we can win it. Also, sure. Av/Sig/Title for a week starting beginning the Monday after the Ohio State/Michigan game.
I don't think they can just walk in and win..but I think that our defense can contain their offense without a whole lot of effort, honestly. I think Michigan's offense is much better than Ohio State's and while we gave up more yards than I'd have liked on the ground, we shut Michigan down through the air. If our offense can score 20 in that game, I think we can win it. Also, sure. Av/Sig/Title for a week starting beginning the Monday after the Ohio State/Michigan game.
Not really the strong point of the team this year. Tate is getting a lot of hype, but really the running game carries the team.Bets on, good luck.
Not really the strong point of the team this year. Tate is getting a lot of hype, but really the running game carries the team.Bets on, good luck.
I know.. but our secondary is really strong. Even with Berstein out for the year. We can cover Ohio State with man and leave 7-8 in the box. If tOSU is favored by say, 5 or more, I'd take Iowa.

Last week I only got to see the second half of the turnoverfest from my seat in a poker tournament. I was busted out of the tournament a few minutes after the final interception. That was not a good half hour. Who else is PSYCHED about the DELAWARE STATE game tomorrow? Wooohoo!

Who else is PSYCHED about the DELAWARE STATE game tomorrow? Wooohoo!
Me!I'm actually thinking I might make a trip up to Ann Arbor to see the Penn State game next week depending on how things at the WSOP circuit event go.
Me!I'm actually thinking I might make a trip up to Ann Arbor to see the Penn State game next week depending on how things at the WSOP circuit event go.
I'll be there tailgating.
this article is full of wild conclusions. Yes, we all know the Big 10 isn't awful. It's a legit BCS conference. And I am sure Purdue is not as bad as its 2-5 record. But they are still 2-5. The perception about the Big 10 is that its good teams are not all that good. That gets born out time and time again lately when a good Big 10 team plays another good opponent from a different conference.the big 10 is 5-8 out of conference this year and Ohio State once again lost at home to USC (who is not as good as usual this year). If Iowa wants respect they are going to have to earn it by beating someone real in a bowl. Same for all the other big 10 teams.This stuff is cyclical though and if history is any indication Rich Rod will have Michigan back to prominence sooner than later. Also, why is everyone ripping the ACC Coastal? The reason the weird tiebreaker scenario looms is because Tech, Tech and Miami are all pretty good. Hokies played Alabama about as tough as anyone has played them this year and Miami beat a banged-up OU team at home (which is all Texas has accomplished really). Clemson is not so bad either and Virginia seems to at least be competent now after starting the year so bad.The ACC's problem is the other division sucks big floppy donkey d-ck.

The most accurate statement in that article...

That public skepticism has spawned a double standard. If Purdue beats Ohio State, it's laughable. If, however, one-loss LSU fell to 2-5 Vanderbilt, it's reasonable to assume most would chalk it up to SEC depth.
If Iowa wants respect they are going to have to earn it by beating someone real in a bowl. Same for all the other big 10 teams.
Iowa has wins over Florida, LSU and South Carolina in recent bowl games--and should have two wins over Florida if it
for some of the worst officiating this side of the Arkansas/Florida game. I think in some arbitrary number, like, the last 22 Bowl games the Big Ten is 12-10 against the SEC. It just doesn't mean much because Ohio State can't win the big game.Also, I know that the Big Ten, as a conference, isn't elite. But I think they're better than the Big East, ACC and the Pac 10(I'll even take that they're even). They're better than the Big 12 this year, IMO. And the SEC, while better, isn't worlds ahead.
The most accurate statement in that article...
I agree.
Iowa has wins over Florida, LSU and South Carolina in recent bowl games--and should have two wins over Florida if it wasn't for some of the worst officiating this side of the Arkansas/Florida game. I think in some arbitrary number, like, the last 22 Bowl games the Big Ten is 12-10 against the SEC. It just doesn't mean much because Ohio State can't win the big game.
Why is every Big 10 fan obsessed with the SEC? The Big 10 went 0-6 in bowl games last year and is unimpressive in non-conference games so far this year and their de facto best team always seems to get smoked in big games. These are facts. If they do better in their bowl games this year, people will back off.
Why is every Big 10 fan obsessed with the SEC? The Big 10 went 0-6 in bowl games last year and is unimpressive in non-conference games so far this year and their de facto best team always seems to get smoked in big games. These are facts. If they do better in their bowl games this year, people will back off.
1. The SEC is the measuring stick, right? 2. Not so fast, my friend! 1-6.. though the depth of bowl teams is skewed with two BCS teams most every year. Everybody moves up a spot higher than they would've been. 3. Who is impressive in non-conference games? The WAC? 4. Okay. 5. Not all of them. 6. I agree.
Rough day for Michigan.. yikes.. More nervous for our game then I might've ever been and then on the first series we lose Dace Richardson, a big, big performer on the O-line.. Blah. One time, Hawkeyes, one time.
Not a pretty game but congrats to Iowa. 8-0 for the first time.