Michigan Wolverines

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't pay much attention to this weeks Iowa/ISU game, but isn't Iowa going to be missing their starting RB all year?
The 1st teamer out of spring ball, yeah..but it's not a terrible loss. He's a real good RB, but they've got 3 RBs who could all start. They have the true freshman, Wegher, out of Sioux City who put up 100 yards on Iowa State, who was a 5 star recruit. They have Jeff Brinson, the Florida commit who's seeing time and then the kid out of Lincoln who's pretty good but probably the least talented of the three. I didn't buy much into the Northern Iowa game for a couple of reasons.. -3 of the starting OL were out due to suspension/illness and another starter was playing out of position. -Stanzi had no time to pass with those 3 backups flailing all over the field, nor could the running game get started. -They were looking past UNI to Iowa State...you and I both know what can happen when you overlook a top-notch FCS team. -They hadn't quite settled on a rotation for their DL, which it seems they've settled down on. -UNI really is one of the top 30-35 college football teams in the county.Iowa's got everyone back now and I think they'll handle Arizona pretty easily.. something like 24-7 or 21-7. I don't think Iowa will run wild on them(they have a pretty good D) but I think Iowa's more talented and deeper at just about every position. Iowa's got a tough road schedule this year(Iowa State, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin) but I think they'll win 8 or 9 games again. 10 if they catch a couple breaks and keep everyone healthy. What's even scarier is that if they do win 8 or 9 games, they'll have(in theory, if Spievey and Bulaga don't go pro) 18 starters back and both kickers next year./Your Weekly Iowa Update
-UNI really is one of the top 30-35 college football teams in the county.
Wow. That's kinda saying alot. I would assume they are ranked in the top 5 in I-aa but you really think they are one of the top 35 teams in all of the country? I guess there really is no way to tell, do they play any other Ia teams?
Wow. That's kinda saying alot. I would assume they are ranked in the top 5 in I-aa but you really think they are one of the top 35 teams in all of the country? I guess there really is no way to tell, do they play any other Ia teams?
They are top 5 of their division easily. I don't really know how that translates to FBS opponents though. I think saying they would be top 50 is more than fair.
They're #4 in I-AA. They beat Iowa State at ISU 2 years ago. They played BYU tough at BYU with essentially the same team last year..and obviously they almost beat the weird lineup that Iowa had to throw out there. Their QB is up for the Walter Payton award(I-AA Heisman), they've got a DE named Ruffin who's probably gonna be a early round draft pick and they have a ton of D-I transfers(Elijah Hodge from Wisconsin among others). I might've been being a bit generous, but they're a very good team. If they played in the Big East, they'd finish 3rd or so, IMO..so 35-40th maybe.

Pretty easy win after a sluggish start. Ground game was really impressive, didn't get to see much of the passing game since it wasn't needed. Laces is quick as hell, but he could stand to get a little more accurate. Defense needs to do a much better job of stopping the run on the early downs for Big-10 play.

Pretty easy win after a sluggish start. Ground game was really impressive, didn't get to see much of the passing game since it wasn't needed. Laces is quick as hell, but he could stand to get a little more accurate. Defense needs to do a much better job of stopping the run on the early downs for Big-10 play.
Defense needs to do a much better job of stopping anything.. Yikes, man.

I had to listen to the last part of the game on the radio, and the announcers made it seem like one of the worst calls ever. I haven't seen the replay, but I'm expecting to be pissed.

I had to listen to the last part of the game on the radio, and the announcers made it seem like one of the worst calls ever. I haven't seen the replay, but I'm expecting to be pissed.
You will be. Not to delve into hyperbole but it's probably the worst call I've ever seen. It wasn't even close.
I agree and I agree. Michigan will still not beat Iowa in Iowa City this year.
I'm more than confident in this.
Also, through the 3rd quarter of today's game, Northern Iowa had outscored their FBS opponnents 131-7. They really are pretty good. Here's hoping for a Hawkeye win tonight.
I'm more than confident in this.
ESPN is already labeling that game one of the ten most important of the month.
Michigan at Iowa (25), Oct. 10 -- Not exactly the Big Ten showdown game anyone was talking about in August, but it could be the last meeting of unbeatens in the league this season. The Wolverines are averaging a league-best 37.5 points per game, and the Hawkeyes are allowing just 11.5 per game.
I'm expecting a pretty though game with MSU, not sure we make it to Iowa undefeated.
I'm expecting a pretty though game with MSU, not sure we make it to Iowa undefeated.
/sighNice end of the 4th, horrible overtime. MSU dominated most of the game though, so can't really complain about not finishing the comeback.
/sighNice end of the 4th, horrible overtime. MSU dominated most of the game though, so can't really complain about not finishing the comeback.
bad day for us man, bad day
GONNA GET YOUR WEINERS STEPPED ON BY THEM DUMB FARM BOYS FROM IOWA TONIGHT. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I love all the sudden confidence Iowa has when they just crushed Arkansas State by 3 points.Brown didn't make the trip for Michigan, which is a good sign for the hawkeyes though. :club:
I love all the sudden confidence Iowa has when they just crushed Arkansas State by 3 points.Brown didn't make the trip for Michigan, which is a good sign for the hawkeyes though. :club:
Pretty sure I've had this confidence since before the season.
Michigan won't beat Iowa this year.
Also, not sure why Michigan would be confident at all. Barely beat Indiana at home, Eastern Michigan and lost to a terrible Michigan State team. Oh,they beat a REEEEALLY tough Notre Dame team. Since, beating Notre Dame at all, in the last 15 years is a really big accomplishment.
Hate to say I told you so..
If Michigan wouldn't have had 5 turnovers we would've won by 14. Even with 5 turnovers you guys barely won. I realize our safeties are our downfall in the secondary. And by the way we beat EMU by 20 or something. The second and third string were playing by the middle of the 3rd.Also this is coming from a guy spouting off about us squeaking by. What about your 3 pt win over Arkansas St?Also you barely beat N. Iowa in week 1, WTF are you talking about barely beating teams!