Michigan Wolverines

meh, losing greene is gonna be tough. iowa's d is pretty good though, right?
Iowa's stocked at running back, I don't think one Iowa fan is really worried about the running back position. Our WRs are coming along too.. DJK(an OSU commit originally) and Stross(4 star) are very solid. Moeaki and Resiner at TE are both VERY good run blockers and mid-range pass catchers.Iowa's D is very tough. Gotta reshuffle a bit on the D-line to make up for King and Kroul graduating, but all three LBs are All Big Ten quality, legitimately. The secondary is very tough and only loses one starter, who has a High School All American to take over.
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called a joke. You know, I don't actually, literally think a D-II team is better than half the Big 10. I guess with how bad your team was this year, though....it could be tough to tell. What would the spread be...CMSU vs. Michigan...at Michigan....7 point favorites....maybe.
I don't know, we actually were in the game with Utah, unlike your SEC-not-the-powerhouse-you-claimed-them-to-be team.
At Ohio State is the only game that's a question to me and if this team lives up to it's potential, they could win that game..could be a very special team. But, last time I thought that, we got ravaged by injuries, had a quarterback who gave up on his team and ended up 6-6.
Not worried about @ PSU at all?OSU is losing a lot more this year than PSU is, and there is the revenge factor after the defeat this year.
Not worried about @ PSU at all?OSU is losing a lot more this year than PSU is, and there is the revenge factor after the defeat this year.
Meh, the only person i really care about losing is Jenkins. Our O-Line is going to be worlds better next year, and our LB core is young, but extremely talented. Plus, losing Beanie means Jamaal Berry is going to get a decent amount of carries, as well as Boom Herron. I'd say PSU is losing more than OSU.

OSU is losing a ton on defense, and other than Pryor all the top offense production from this season will be gone too. RB's will probably be okay, but I'm not sure about the WR depth chart (I don't follow them that closely, but I know you got Chris Carters kid coming in) but your losing all the senior leadership there too.

Penn State loses 3 of their best offensive lineman, 3 of their top WRs including Derrick Williams, Maybin and Gaines on the D-Line, and two(maybe 3 of their) starting secondary. Their losses on the lines would be what concern me the most if I were a Penn State fan.

Since I have lived in Michigan for the majority of my life people told me I had to get behind one of the Michigan teams and I chose MSU since I grew up despising UofM for various reasons. I think they should have another good season and more to come. Their recruiting classes look to be getting better and hopefully they can make some progress this year. But I will say that in a couple years they have a chance at winning the Big Ten.

Since I have lived in Michigan for the majority of my life people told me I had to get behind one of the Michigan teams and I chose MSU since I grew up despising UofM for various reasons. I think they should have another good season and more to come. Their recruiting classes look to be getting better and hopefully they can make some progress this year. But I will say that in a couple years they have a chance at winning the Big Ten.
Meh.. I don't really see it.What little offense they had--giving Ringer the ball 46 times again--is gone. No real star power. Defense wasn't too impressive.Meh..
I don't know, we actually were in the game with Utah, unlike your SEC-not-the-powerhouse-you-claimed-them-to-be team.
So.....you feel Utah is getting robbed of a national title.....but then you feel that Alabama losing to them means they aren't a powerhouse. That's a pretty amazing leap of logic. Sorry to break it to you, but Bama looks poised to be a powerhouse for the next few seasons. They gave Florida all they could handle on a neutral field and will be just as good, if not better last year. Saban is clearly an elite recruiter and Alabama is clearly a destination kids will be attracted to. ...besides..your team is Michigan. Didn't they get beat by Wyoming at home or something? I mean, my god, it is amazing that a freaking Michigan fan is trying to bash Alabama right now....try to win six games next year (lol, yeah right...) and then perhaps you can talk a little while we're in the running for another shot at a national title.
So.....you feel Utah is getting robbed of a national title.....but then you feel that Alabama losing to them means they aren't a powerhouse. That's a pretty amazing leap of logic. Sorry to break it to you, but Bama looks poised to be a powerhouse for the next few seasons. They gave Florida all they could handle on a neutral field and will be just as good, if not better last year. Saban is clearly an elite recruiter and Alabama is clearly a destination kids will be attracted to. ...besides..your team is Michigan. Didn't they get beat by Wyoming at home or something? I mean, my god, it is amazing that a freaking Michigan fan is trying to bash Alabama right now....try to win six games next year (lol, yeah right...) and then perhaps you can talk a little while we're in the running for another shot at a national title.
Wasn't that the University of Tennessee who lost to Wyoming at home?
Seeing as how you two both live in Des Moines, maybe you guys could meet at like, Third Base or Legend's or some place like that and just have a debate or college football trivia death match of some kind..at least then we wouldn't have to sift through this bullshit every day.
OSU is losing a ton on defense, and other than Pryor all the top offense production from this season will be gone too. RB's will probably be okay, but I'm not sure about the WR depth chart (I don't follow them that closely, but I know you got Chris Carters kid coming in) but your losing all the senior leadership there too.
Devier Posey is going to be a good one imo, 6'2, runs a 4.3 40. Duron Carter is very underrated and will def. see the field next year. I agree the defense is going to be young, but there's a lot of talent with Ettienne Sabino, Dorian Bell, Nate Williams (who made some really good def. plays in the Fiesta Bowl). A lot of the recruits in the secondary were HS all americans. OSU may not win the Big Ten this year (i still think they are the favorites) but watch out for the next 2-3 years.
Seeing as how you two both live in Des Moines, maybe you guys could meet at like, Third Base or Legend's or some place like that and just have a debate or college football trivia death match of some kind..at least then we wouldn't have to sift through this bullshit every day.
i must say I find it quite entertainingand LOL that you two live in the same town.......DDM is correct you need to meet up for a SEC vs. Big10 death match of some sorts
i must say I find it quite entertainingand LOL that you two live in the same town.......DDM is correct you need to meet up for a SEC vs. Big10 death match of some sorts
I'm guessing E-thug wouldn't be nearly the hardass know it all he pretends to be in person. I ain't hard to find.
I'm guessing E-thug wouldn't be nearly the hardass know it all he pretends to be in person. I ain't hard to find.
LOL, sucks that you equate arguing about college football to being a "hardass." You must get intimidated easily in real life if you think me typing words on here and sayign "LMFAO" a bunch is a "hardass."I don't live in Des Moines anymore, anyways. Sorry, no chance for you to call me a meanie in public and then start to tear up.
Still played Utah better than Alabama did.
Ouch..guess you got me, that really gets my blood a'boilin. I'm gonna have to go on a powerwalk to let off the steam I feel from that sweet zing you keep pulling out.*YAWN*
Ouch..guess you got me, that really gets my blood a'boilin. I'm gonna have to go on a powerwalk to let off the steam I feel from that sweet zing you keep pulling out.*YAWN*
I hear it's a bit cold outside, don't forget your roll tide earmuffs.
  • 4 weeks later...

National signing day... some wins and losses for UM.We lost our two lowest rated D linemen prospects, but they probably were not going to be impact players this year with a few better commits and returning players anyway, and we landed a couple Florida recruits to round out the class nicely.

University of Michigan football team lands two late Florida recruits, including a quarterbackby John Heuser | The Ann Arbor NewsWednesday February 04, 2009, 11:31 AM(updated) The Deerfield Beach (Fla.) High School media center was buzzing this morning, filled with people intent on finding out where quarterback Denard Robinson and cornerback Adrian Witty would play their college football. Both, it turned out, decided on Michigan."They've wanted to play together and I think Michigan gave them a great opportunity to play together," said Art Taylor, who coached Robinson and Witty at Deerfield Beach. "The recruiting that was done on these two young men was outstanding."Robinson picked Michigan over Florida and other schools. Witty, a cornerback, chose the Wolverines over his other finalist, Kansas State."Maybe they felt a little better connection with the Michigan staff," Taylor said.The coach added that the chance for contend for playing time as a freshman appealed to Robinson."He may have an opportunity to start at Michigan," Taylor said. "And to play quarterback in that kind of (spread option) system is something he really wanted."The 6-foot, 179-pound Robinson runs a 4.3-second 40-yard dash according to his coach. Recruiting analysts have likened Robinson to Pat White, who starred for Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez at West Virginia."Oh my god, Michigan is going to get an explosive, explosive quarterback," Taylor said. "He's a leader, he pushes his will to win on others. I've never seen a kid so competitive.The addition of Robinson gives Michigan two quarterbacks in its recruiting class. Californian Tate Forcier, who's already taking classes in Ann Arbor, is the other.Taylor described Witty, a cornerback, as "pound-for-pound the strongest player on our football team." The 5-9, 175-pound Witty can bench press 325 pounds, according to Taylor, and is still rounding into form following knee surgery last March to repair a torn ACL. He was healthy enough to play in most of Deerfield Beach's games last fall, however."Michigan is getting two gentlemen," Taylor said. "These are two good kids."
Rivals currently has us ranked as the #7 class, and no one has a lower than 12th.
ESPNU 150 Je'Ron Stokes, ranked No. 8 among receivers and No. 68 prospect overall, has switched his decision from Tennessee to the Wolverines.From Northeast (Philadelphia, Pa.), Stokes also looked at Illinois, Penn State and Georgia.He also had offers from Michigan State, Oklahoma, North Carolina State, Iowa and Florida.
That's a steal, a guy we were not supposed to land.

Remember when I talked about how good Bama's class was gonna be, and then you told me about how Michigan was gonna sign some guys that would cause a change in the standings??Rivals.com has Bama at #1 for the 2nd straight season. It hurts so good. Enjoy your journey towards a possible RadioShack bowl, or whatever bowl the #6 Big Ten team gets into. You'll have plenty of time to watch us in another BCS game afterwards.

National signing day... some wins and losses for UM.We lost our two lowest rated D linemen prospects, but they probably were not going to be impact players this year with a few better commits and returning players anyway, and we landed a couple Florida recruits to round out the class nicely.Rivals currently has us ranked as the #7 class, and no one has a lower than 12th.
That's a steal, a guy we were not supposed to land.
Woot! This is good news. It will be so refreshing to have a team built around the spread offense.
Remember when I talked about how good Bama's class was gonna be, and then you told me about how Michigan was gonna sign some guys that would cause a change in the standings??Rivals.com has Bama at #1 for the 2nd straight season. It hurts so good. Enjoy your journey towards a possible RadioShack bowl, or whatever bowl the #6 Big Ten team gets into. You'll have plenty of time to watch us in another BCS game afterwards.
Funny, when I look at the ESPN top 150 athlete signings, Alabama has the same number as Michigan.
Funny, when I look at the ESPN top 150 athlete signings, Alabama has the same number as Michigan.
Whatever you need to tell yourself...lol. Just admit it. I'm right all the time. It'll feel good to get that off your chest....or you can keep on pretending that the Big 10 is even close to the SEC right now. I mean, other than three straight national titles and monster recruiting classes all over the place and great futures for several teams.....but hey, Iowa looks good for next year and Michigan might win 6 games!!!...and according to your own reference, our top 5 signings are graded out higher or equal to your top signing. LMFAO......pretty close though.