Michigan Wolverines

If that was the real reason, he didn't want to work hard then yeah, shove off but when I heard the letter it sounded like it was more about RR being a tad shady and not respectable like Carr allegedly was. My wife always dragged me to volunteer for the Ann Arbor Symphonies Hearts for Arts auction and fundraiser back in the day. I loved how much people would spend to have coffee and breakfast with Lloyd Carr.
Sounded to me like RR didn't coddle them the way Carr did. Carr's a good coach, no question. A better man, no doubt. But there's more than one way to skin a cat. And I'd guess, at least one way to skin a Tressel.
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivals.com released a preseason run down and ranking of all the teams.Michigan came in at 30, looks like we're going to need our defense to carry us while the players learn the offense.Tough starting schedule with Utah/ND/Wisconsin/Illinois all early on. Normally I wouldnt list ND as a threat, but they might want revenge for the ass beating they got last year.Also this was interesting article about new rules changes

Talking to Rich Rod at Big Ten media days, he revealed several schools visited in the offseason to study his power spread option offense to glean ideas. Among them was Oklahoma. And when I visited with Kansas coach Mark Mangino in the spring, he told me the Sooners also had picked his brain for concepts and ideas he uses to run his hurry-up/spread sets.
Stop sharing secrets with Oklahoma damn it.

ewwwww @ posting in this thread, but it looks like I'll be traveling to the Big House for the second time in my life this year, as my Toledo Rockets are playing Meeeeeechigan. I don't expect anything less than a 3 touchdown blowout win for the Wolverines.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what happens when experienced team with a solid QB plays a rather inexperienced one with QB issues.Special teams looked alright.Defense is at least picking it up in the second half, so bad in the beginning of the game.We need a real QB :club:*edit*Nice comeback, too they didn't play the whole game like they did the 4th quarter.

when your QB is a transfer from Georgia Tech then you gotta know you're in bad shapeIMO you guys are a year or two away from seeing what RR can do after he gets his type of recruits in therelosing to Utah really isnt even that big of an upset

when your QB is a transfer from Georgia Tech then you gotta know you're in bad shape
That's the guy that came off the bench. Ar one point he was a top 10 QB recruit, but I don't think he really fits the offense. The other guy who started was a walk on.I think I'm more shocked about Mcguffie being the starting tailback, we have guys there with more experience and who are just built for the college game better than he is right now.
Since this is kinda the defacto Big Ten thread, I thought I'd toss this in here, though I'm sure most of you have seen it at some point. Lotta good news and analysis. Adam Rittenberg's Big Ten Blog on ESPN.
from the above blog....."Penn State's matchup against Oregon State is by far the best Big Ten game this weekend, and it might not even be that great if the Beavers don't upgrade their run defense, The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News' Bob Flounders writes in his blog."yeah thats pretty damn weak.....and yes i'm drunk and in a shit talking kind of mood........seriously, best big10 game this weekend? gg big ten network
from the above blog....."Penn State's matchup against Oregon State is by far the best Big Ten game this weekend, and it might not even be that great if the Beavers don't upgrade their run defense, The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News' Bob Flounders writes in his blog."yeah thats pretty damn weak.....and yes i'm drunk and in a shit talking kind of mood........seriously, best big10 game this weekend? gg big ten network
LOL.
Since this is kinda the defacto Big Ten thread, I thought I'd toss this in here, though I'm sure most of you have seen it at some point. Lotta good news and analysis. Adam Rittenberg's Big Ten Blog on ESPN.
Michigan's depth chart (page 11) didn't change much at the key positions, as both Nick Sheridan and Steven Threet are listed as possible starters at quarterback and freshmen Sam McGuffie and Michael Shaw are the same at running back. Linebacker Marell Evans is making a push for a starting outside linebacker spot, and freshman wideout Darryl Stonum finds himself in the mix at two receiver positions (X and Z). The Detroit Free Press' Michael Rosenberg is convinced Threet should start against Miami (Ohio).I still don't understand why McGuffie is the starter. I think I agree based on game on performance that Threet should be starting, but I have a feeling its gonna be a two QB system most the year.
  • 2 weeks later...
That's a funny pic.Isn't this the year Iowa should be winning the Big-10 because they aren't playing OSU and Michigan?
We'll know a lot more after this week against Pitt. 9/20 @ Pittsburgh 12:00 PM <-- I think this is a win/toss up. 9/27 Northwestern 12:05 PM <-- I think this is a win.10/04 @ Michigan State 12:00 PM <-- I think this is a win/toss up. 10/11 @ Indiana TBA <-- I think this is a win.10/18 No. 8 Wisconsin TBA <-- I think this is a loss, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Iowa win. 11/01 @ No. 22 Illinois TBA <-- I think this is a win.11/08 No. 16 Penn State TBA <-- I don't know how good this team is..they've beat up on a bunch of terrible, terrible teams. 11/15 Purdue TBA <-- I think this is a win.11/22 @ Minnesota Big Ten Network 7:00 <-- I think this is a win.In all honesty, I could see Iowa losing to Pitt, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Penn State.. or I could see them winning all but the Wisconsin game. If we beat Pitt, I think we're looking realistically at 10-2 or 11-1 season. If we lose to Pitt, 8-4 might be a good year. We won't lose to Illinois. They are effing terrible. I mean, GOD AWFUL.
We'll know a lot more after this week against Pitt. 9/20 @ Pittsburgh 12:00 PM <-- I think this is a win/toss up. 9/27 Northwestern 12:05 PM <-- I think this is a win.10/04 @ Michigan State 12:00 PM <-- I think this is a win/toss up. 10/11 @ Indiana TBA <-- I think this is a win.10/18 No. 8 Wisconsin TBA <-- I think this is a loss, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Iowa win. 11/01 @ No. 22 Illinois TBA <-- I think this is a win.11/08 No. 16 Penn State TBA <-- I don't know how good this team is..they've beat up on a bunch of terrible, terrible teams. 11/15 Purdue TBA <-- I think this is a win.11/22 @ Minnesota Big Ten Network 7:00 <-- I think this is a win.In all honesty, I could see Iowa losing to Pitt, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Penn State.. or I could see them winning all but the Wisconsin game. If we beat Pitt, I think we're looking realistically at 10-2 or 11-1 season. If we lose to Pitt, 8-4 might be a good year. We won't lose to Illinois. They are effing terrible. I mean, GOD AWFUL.
Iowa will be dogs in all of those games. I am particularly looking forward to the MSU/Iowa game. I think State is pretty good. I also think Illinois is actually quite good. They hung with Mizzou, and Mizzou might be one of the 5-7 best teams in the country.
Iowa will be dogs in all of those games. I am particularly looking forward to the MSU/Iowa game. I think State is pretty good. I also think Illinois is actually quite good. They hung with Mizzou, and Mizzou might be one of the 5-7 best teams in the country.
Zook has never beaten Ferentz, even last year. LA-Lafayete hung with Illinois all game and the Illinois defense still hasn't stopped anyone. They're a dog by 1 right now at Pitt, but that'll change..that'll get moved to pick 'em/Iowa almost assuredly. If Iowa comes into East Lansing 5-0, Herkey will win.

I would like to see MSU win it. I decided to get more into college FB and have adopted MSU since at one point in my life I planned on going there till I changed majors and went to Central. Who is Michigan losing this this week?

It's hard to be losing losing to anyone anyone when they have a bye bye.Next game is against Wisconsin, a game I'm fairly confident we will be losing this year.
I figured they had to be on a bye as the radio has made no mention of them this week which is really odd. Michigan needs a QB. Neither of these two guys are it. But there is no doubt that after this year they will be a contender once they can start bringing in players Rich needs.