Michigan Wolverines

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past two bowl seasons the SEC is 13-5.....the Big Ten 5-10. In this decade the SEC is 36-25 in bowls while big ten is in last with a 21-32 recordHeads up in bowl games(which is virtually the only time we play) over the past 5 years we are an even 9-9, since 1993 the SEC leads it 18-15. Go back to the early 1900's SEC leads it 33-20.This bowl season we took 2/3(your beloved UF loss = your win which was a very close and good game)....and most importantly in the past 2 seasons the big ten has lost to the SEC in the game that matters most, and these were not close games by any means. So forget all the other games, this was the best of your conference vs the best of our conference and we dominated both years.Facts aside, I am not saying Michigan and Ohio St. are not top level football teams, but to compare the entire SEC conference to the entire Big Ten conference is just a joke. From top to bottom SEC is THE best in college football, and there isn't much to argue there.

Facts aside, I am not saying Michigan and Ohio St. are not top level football teams, but to compare the entire SEC conference to the entire Big Ten conference is just a joke. From top to bottom SEC is THE best in college football, and there isn't much to argue there.
Except that you like to ignore facts.Since 2000 (as in this century) the Big-10 is 14-13 vs the SEC, thats not domination... not even close. Not to mention SEC teams never go on the road to play anyone. Florida hasn't left the state of Florida for a OOC game since 91 and that game they got spanked by Syracuse.Please go find a SEC thread were all this has been pointed out and educate yourself.

Pryor to decide Wednesday.Monday, February 04, 2008By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteDecision day will be at noon Wednesday for Terrelle Pryor.Pryor, star quarterback at Jeannette High School, said today he is "80 to 90 percent sure" he will announce his choice at a news conference Wednesday. He had been considering pushing back his decision a week or so, and possibly visiting the University of Oregon.But Pryor said he will not visit Oregon and the Ducks are out of the picture."I have to call them today and tell them," Pryor said.Pryor said he will decide among Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, although Ohio State and Michigan have been the leaders all along.Jeannette school officials are also making preparations for the announcement Wednesday in the school gymnasium. Jeannette principal Stu Albaugh said only Pryor's invited guests and media members will be permitted to attend. The public is not welcome.ESPN and CSTV plan to announce Pryor's decision live. Sports Illustrated and the Washington Post are sending reporters and newspapers from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan also will be represented.

I'm guessing the UM fans won't be thanking me for this update...Pryor apparently leaning toward BuckeyesTuesday, February 05, 2008By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteJeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor plans to announce his college choice Wednesday and indications are it will be Ohio State.A few of Pryor's friends and acquaintances told the Post-Gazette Ohio State is Pryor's top choice. One unnamed source said Pryor told him recently he would sign with Ohio State.Pryor, though, has said he has not made up his mind. He will announce Wednesday at noon and said Monday his three finalists are Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. He also said he will not reveal his choice to anyone until a noon news conference that will be carried live by ESPNU and CSTV.Trinity senior linebacker Andrew Sweat, an Ohio State recruit, and two other Buckeye recruits met with Pryor a week-and-half ago in Jeannette. Sweat believes Pryor will choose Ohio State."He didn't tell me he was committed, but he sounded like he was going to Ohio State," Sweat said.Sweat and linemen J.B. Shugarts of Klein, Texas, and Mike Brewster of Orlando, Fla., attended Pryor's basketball game Jan. 26, and had pizza with Pryor after the game. Shugarts and Brewster are already enrolled at Ohio State, and Sweat will enroll in March."He said some pretty strong stuff about Ohio State. He said how he's just comfortable there and he really likes coach [Jim] Tressel," Sweat said. "You never know, but I'd be shocked if he didn't sign with Ohio State."Sweat said Ohio State's coaches believe they will get Pryor. Last Friday, Tressel was at Gateway and Montour high schools recruiting junior players. Gateway coach Terry Smith and Montour coach Lou Cerro said Tressel sounded confident about landing Pryor.Sweat will enroll at Ohio State in March. This past November, Pryor told the Post-Gazette there was a good chance he would enroll in college in March. Unlike Michigan and Penn State, Ohio State's academic calendar is in quarters. The spring quarter at Ohio State begins March 24, one week after the finish of high school basketball in Pennsylvania.

I'm curious if they don't land him and with Mallet leaving who they plan on starting at QB next season.
Probably Stephen Threet. He's a solid guy and was a 4* recruit. According to sources that follow Michigan football he's pretty damn good.

I will predict he goes to Oregon. I don't pay much attention to college football or the recruitment stage but I hear Oregon likes to give away things and this kid looks like he can be easily swayed.

I will predict he goes to Oregon. I don't pay much attention to college football or the recruitment stage but I hear Oregon likes to give away things and this kid looks like he can be easily swayed.
Latest seems to be that he is giving PSU a serious look, everything I read pretty much has him writing off Oregon and not even taking a recruiting trip there.
Latest seems to be that he is giving PSU a serious look, everything I read pretty much has him writing off Oregon and not even taking a recruiting trip there.
I heard them say on a local radio show ( I am in Detroit) that he was scheduled now to go to Oregon. We'll see. He is saying now that he hates the attention. I call shenanigans.
I heard them say on a local radio show ( I am in Detroit) that he was scheduled now to go to Oregon. We'll see. He is saying now that he hates the attention. I call shenanigans.
He said he was going to take a trip to Oregon a few weeks ago, but called it off saying he didn't have time with basketball season. The reason he put it off is because his dad wants him to go to PSU and stay close to home. His dad, who is in a wheel chair, and him are very close. It's been said that he's thinking of staying close to him so his dad can easily travel to all of his home games.

I think the trip to Penn State is just a courtesy to his father. It sounds like they are very tight and the PSU staff has been all over his dad. I heard a guy from rivals.com on ESPN radio today and this was the thought he had. Pryor wants to play both sports at a high level. PSU and Michigan simply can not offer that. And I think Oregon is just too far from home.

Pryor wants to play both sports at a high level. PSU and Michigan simply can not offer that. And I think Oregon is just too far from home.
He is going to have a harder time getting playtime on OSU's basketball than Michigan or PSU's. Then again he isn't being recruited to play basketball to begin with, so I'd guess all the schools are telling him the football scholarship means that sport is the priority.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pryor incites arguments with opposing fans during a basketball game.I'm starting to wonder if a kid cracks to that type of pressure and acts so immaturely will be able to handle a road game in the Big Ten.
Idk, a high school basketball game is such an intimate atmosphere I think it's hard to compare that to a football game. The fans at the football games really don't get much of a chance to heckle the players. I don't think the players hear that much.Still I kinda feel sorry for him. I saw Allison Bales play basketball in hs. She went on to play at Duke. She was like 6'7 and would just get abused by fans every game. OJ Mayo and BIll Walker got the same things. LOL, even LeBron got taunted in hs.
Idk, a high school basketball game is such an intimate atmosphere I think it's hard to compare that to a football game.
I agree, but it's still a character issue but it's not that uncommon in 18 year olds either.I heard he took another trip to OSU recently, haven't seen much news since then.
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a rumor going around Columbus that Pryor will sign with the Buckeyes this coming Sunday. I don't know who the source is so don't ask. Maybe fryer has heard something.

There is a rumor going around Columbus that Pryor will sign with the Buckeyes this coming Sunday. I don't know who the source is so don't ask. Maybe fryer has heard something.
I haven't heard this, but...Jeannette has a PIAA Class AA semifinal game tonight, which Pryor is playing. If they win, they'll play Saturda at 2pm at PSU. I would doubt he's thinking about football right now, but who knows? Maybe he plans to win the states and celebrate by signing on Sunday?Side note: there was a fight after their last game on the court. I heard that Pryor's assn't coach grabbed him RIGHT away and got him as far from the fight as possible.