Michigan Wolverines

Terrelle Pryor's Recruiting Diary: Steelers' Batch will join Pryor on recruiting tripsUntil he makes a college decision, the Post-Gazette periodically will run a diary from Pryor, as told to staff writer Mike White. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08011/848406-365.stm
Thats why Charlie Batch was sitting next to Rich Rodriguez at the Michigan basketball game this weekend. I was kinda wondering what was going on there.
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why Charlie Batch was sitting next to Rich Rodriguez at the Michigan basketball game this weekend. I was kinda wondering what was going on there.
They sure weren't watching quality basketball... I can tell you that much.
I forgot, I was busy watching the NFC championship. How did that turn out by the way, I missed the result.
Didn't bother to watch since your team wasn't in it?BTW, I forgot shoving Michigan basketball in your face is worthless since you like UNC in college hoops. Weird. Michigan for college football..Dallas for NFL football..UNC for college basketball.. Hmmmm... Oh, and the NFC Championship game wasn't on Saturday.
Didn't bother to watch since your team wasn't in it?BTW, I forgot shoving Michigan basketball in your face is worthless since you like UNC in college hoops. Weird. Michigan for college football..Dallas for NFL football..UNC for college basketball.. Hmmmm... Oh, and the NFC Championship game wasn't on Saturday.
I follow Michigan basketball and UNC football too, Michigan basketball has gone way downhill since the late 90's. There isn't anything to be that excited about in the basketball program. I think UNC football is going to be decent in two years or so with Butch Davis there but they will likely never be a serious national title contender.
I have no basis for this statement.I think you guys will land Pryor. He doesnt seem like the type to go to a school where he wont be the starter right away. Michigan is the biggest name where that can happen.
I think I read somewhere (or it may have Jadaki saying it) that Pryor wanted to play football AND basketball. Landing at a top program for both was important to him. Michigan basketball doesn't have nearly the upside of OSU basketball.But mainly I am keeping hopes that he will actually come to Columbus. No way do I want to face that guy the next 3 years.
I think I read somewhere (or it may have Jadaki saying it) that Pryor wanted to play football AND basketball. Landing at a top program for both was important to him. Michigan basketball doesn't have nearly the upside of OSU basketball.But mainly I am keeping hopes that he will actually come to Columbus. No way do I want to face that guy the next 3 years.
It wasn't me who said it. I think it was from an article Fryer posted. Your right about OSU basketball though :club:
It wasn't me who said it. I think it was from an article Fryer posted. Your right about OSU basketball though :club:
I've posted articles that said it....and maybe said it myself. Anyway...If we're talking Pryor in OSU vs. UM only, OSU definitely has the basketball plus over UM. UM has RR and his offense over OSU. Someone said OSU would adabt to an offense for him, which I am sure is true, but RR has mastered it.While we're talking about him, from yesterday's paper...Pryor on the verge of 2,000 pointsTuesday, January 22, 2008By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteJeannette's Terrelle Pryor reached some impressive milestones in football. Now he's approaching one in basketball.Pryor, a senior, needs only 79 points to reach 2,000 for his career. Only 22 other players in the history of the WPIAL have scored 2,000 points.Pryor scored 20 points in a 63-50 victory against Burrell last night. Jeannette has four games in the next six days, so Pryor has an excellent chance at reaching the milestone by next week. He averages 22 points a game.In football, Pryor became the first player in Pennsylvania history to rush for 4,000 yards and pass for 4,000. No WPIAL athlete has ever rushed or passed for 4,000 yards in football and scored 2,000 points in basketball.What do Terrelle Pryor and Gnarls Barkley have in common?January 22, 2008Tuesday, January 22, 2008From Mike White:The word Terrelle Pryor used today to describe his recruiting is "crazy."College coaches are turning up the heat on the Jeannette High School football star. Media members are calling. Veteran Sports Illustrated writer Jack McCallum was at Jeannette today to talk to Pryor, coaches and townsfolk for an upcoming feature in the magazine.Pitt offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh and another Pitt assistant ("I think it was their running backs coach," Pryor said) came to Jeannette this morning to meet with Pryor. Pitt apparently still hasn't given up on Pryor, even though he has repeatedly said he has no interest in attending Pitt."I understand. They're just doing their job," Pryor said.Pryor said he has no plans to make an official visit to Pitt, but he acknowledged he has left open the possibility of making a quick unofficial visit to the school, just to talk with Coach Dave Wannstedt."I don't know if I will or not. I'd basically do it just for my dad," Pryor said. "He likes Pitt. But I'm not going there."After meeting with the Pitt coaches today, Pryor spent some time with McCallum. Then Penn State defensive coordinator Tom Bradley and quarterbacks coach Jay Paterno showed up at Jeannette to talk with Pryor. Joe Paterno might come to Jeannette next week.Penn State is one of five schools Pryor is considering, but the Nittany Lions are an extreme long shot. Pryor visited Michigan this past weekend. He already has been to Ohio State. He said he might go to Oregon in the middle of next week and then make a trip to LSU next weekend.

Sorry fryer, the credit should have gone to you.Still praying he comes to Columbus. I heard Duane Long, a recruiting guru say he thought the chances of Pryor coming to OSU were very high. He said he would be shocked if Pryor landed anywhere esle. Long is a contributor to Bucknuts, an OSU site so I'm sure his opinion is a little skewed. Here's to hope though.

Sorry fryer, the credit should have gone to you.Still praying he comes to Columbus. I heard Duane Long, a recruiting guru say he thought the chances of Pryor coming to OSU were very high. He said he would be shocked if Pryor landed anywhere esle. Long is a contributor to Bucknuts, an OSU site so I'm sure his opinion is a little skewed. Here's to hope though.
You f'n better be sorry!LSU in the mix now too. I also laugh when he says his dad wants him to go to Pitt, but there's no chance he's going there.
you are basing an opinion off someone who contributes to something called Bucknuts? I should have a joke ready but I think my first sentence says it all.....oh and "recruiting guru"? according to who? I have never heard of that guy and I am just enough of a geek to know the big name guys in this sleazy field (luginbill, etc.)

Pryor pares down his listMichigan, Ohio State appear to be final 2Tuesday, January 29, 2008By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteIt looks like the battle for Jeannette High School quarterback Terrelle Pryor is coming down to a two-horse race between Ohio State and Michigan.Pryor said yesterday he has crossed LSU off his final list and decided not to visit Oregon this week because he won't have time. Pryor also plays basketball and Jeannette has games tonight, Friday in Philadelphia and Saturday at Jeannette. Pryor plans to announce his college choice Feb. 6.Pryor has not crossed Oregon and Penn State off his list, but it's highly unlikely Pryor would choose Oregon without ever visiting the place. Chip Kelly, Oregon's quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, is scheduled to meet with Pryor today at Jeannette.Penn State coach Joe Paterno is scheduled to visit Pryor tomorrow. That's significant because Paterno doesn't visit many high school players anymore.But Penn State isn't as high on Pryor's list as Ohio State and Michigan.Coaches from both of those rival schools also are expected to come to Jeannette in the next few days.

And another Pryor update...Recruiting: Pryor '50-50' on delaying his decisionThursday, January 31, 2008By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteHigh school football players can sign a binding letter of intent with a college starting Wednesday. But Jeannette quarterback Terrelle Pryor might not sign with anyone that day.Pryor had planned to announce his college decision live on ESPN Wednesday. But he said yesterday he might wait at least a few days to make his choice."I'd say it's about 50-50 that I'll push things back," Pryor said.One of the main reasons Pryor might not sign Wednesday is because he is thinking about making an official visit to the University of Oregon some time next week.Earlier this week, it seemed the race was down to Ohio State and Michigan because Pryor wasn't going to visit Oregon. If Pryor visits Oregon, the Ducks will still have a chance at landing him.Pryor also said yesterday Penn State is not out of the running. Penn State coach Joe Paterno visited with Pryor at Jeannette yesterday. Paterno's son, Jay, Penn State's quarterbacks coach, and defensive coordinator Tom Bradley also were there. They also visited with Pryor's father at his home.Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch and Pryor's mother were in on the meeting with the Penn State coaches at Jeannette. Batch is helping Pryor in the recruiting process as a mentor."It went OK," Pryor said of the meeting. "I just don't know about the area up there. I don't know if I'd like being in that kind of area."Ohio State coach Jim Tressel and Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez plan to attend Pryor's basketball game Saturday night and meet with him afterward. Jeannette football coach Ray Reitz said Rodriguez is planning to bring seven assistant coaches with him.

LOL @ the Big 10 getting SPANKED by the SEC in the National Title games!! And yes Mich beat UF, you're bound to pull won out every now and then. Look at the overall record in recent years of Big 10 vs SEC.

LOL @ the Big 10 getting SPANKED by the SEC in the National Title games!! And yes Mich beat UF, you're bound to pull won out every now and then. Look at the overall record in recent years of Big 10 vs SEC.
Big Ten is 14-13 against SEC over the last 27 games.