Why Do They Get This Wrong?

So you go all in pre flop with a pair of jacks and get called by AQ; coin flip right?It's very nearly 50-50So the odds are even moneyish, give or take a pointSo if the flop comes 5,2,9 rainbow, the odds are......ready for this?50/50 stillThe whole point of the 50/50 was that there are 5 cards to come, so until the 5th card has come, you are 50/50 the whole way.If they flipped over all 5 cards would you be less than 50/50? No, so what's the diff if there are short pauses between the turn and the river?You are welcome in advance for expanding your mind.next I will touch on why feel players are better than math players when it comes to picking up chicks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you go all in pre flop with a pair of jacks and get called by AQ; coin flip right?It's very nearly 50-50So the odds are even moneyish, give or take a pointSo if the flop comes 5,2,9 rainbow, the odds are......ready for this?50/50 stillThe whole point of the 50/50 was that there are 5 cards to come, so until the 5th card has come, you are 50/50 the whole way.If they flipped over all 5 cards would you be less than 50/50? No, so what's the diff if there are short pauses between the turn and the river?You are welcome in advance for expanding your mind.next I will touch on why feel players are better than math players when it comes to picking up chicks.
interesting.
actually this is wrong. you are 50/50 before the flop. the flop changes that.if they flipped them all at the same time you would be right, but they dont. as each card comes out, things change.
think about what you are saying, like me, before you post please.
So you go all in pre flop with a pair of jacks and get called by AQ; coin flip right?
So what you mean by this is, you accept allin without to see teh floop with a pair of jacks, right ?If that's what you meant, please can you speak good English, cause now I'm all confused....... :club: Peace
think about what you are saying, like me, before you post please.
why dont you think about it some more. your big mind expanding revelation here is stupid and incorrect. by your logic if i pushed in that AQ after the flop against the jacks i would still be 50/50 because, hey theres 5 cards right? when you put the money in doesnt effect the odds in any way, the cards that are revealed on the table effect the odds.
why dont you think about it some more. your big mind expanding revelation here is stupid and incorrect. by your logic if i pushed in that AQ after the flop against the jacks i would still be 50/50 because, hey theres 5 cards right? when you put the money in doesnt effect the odds in any way, the cards that are revealed on the table effect the odds.
lolololol

I think this is gonna end up on the same level as 2 pair > trips and open-farrelling.You realize you are also saying thisAA v JJ on A47 board(allin preflop of course, durrr) is still 80/20AK has 6 outs in your hand, and your saying its 50%. Does this mean QJhh v 22 on Th9h9x board in like 250% since we have 5x as many outs...Also on the river, if its a 2, AK is still 50%. 44 cards left, AK needs 6 to win, and you're saying it's 50%6/44=50%???

lol no.This really has to do w/ when the money is put into the pot, as far as I'm concerned.God I love throwing serious responses into the mix.

actually this is wrong. you are 50/50 before the flop. the flop changes that.if they flipped them all at the same time you would be right, but they dont. as each card comes out, things change.
I think this is gonna end up on the same level as 2 pair > trips and open-farrelling.You realize you are also saying thisAA v JJ on A47 board(allin preflop of course, durrr) is still 80/20AK has 6 outs in your hand, and your saying its 50%. Does this mean QJhh v 22 on Th9h9x board in like 250% since we have 5x as many outs...Also on the river, if its a 2, AK is still 50%. 44 cards left, AK needs 6 to win, and you're saying it's 50%6/44=50%???
When did this become the Strat Forum???
you know this makes you look sillier than the suicide thread, right?

I don't read most of the threads on this forum, but the Balloon Guy seems to have a pretty sharp sarcastic wit. I suspect he is just trying to light a fire. Maybe that's obvious to most here.

I don't read most of the threads on this forum, but the Balloon Guy seems to have a pretty sharp sarcastic wit. I suspect he is just trying to light a fire. Maybe that's obvious to some here.
fypNo matter what you do, you cannot remove people that are entrenched into yesterday's 'truths'I cannot believe how clear it is, and how muddy you all want to make it.Here, let's change it a bit. Say you have two 10s, and the villian has KJ off markNOW do you see it?It's 50/50 on the river, it's just the tail end of 50/50
fypHere, let's change it a bit. Say you have two 10s, and the villian has KJ off markNOW do you see it?It's 50/50 on the river, it's just the tail end of 50/50
But what if Jacks are hot that day?
But what if Jacks are hot that day?
Well, there you have it..... K-J becomes more and more powerfull then.... I'd say 70/30Oh BTW........This should really be in the strats forum, some people will be missing out on these important stats....