Home Game Horse Tournament Structures

I want to host a home game HORSE tournament. I usually play no limit holdem with these guys, but lately have been playing HORSE online and want to play some live. I just have no idea how to structure this thing...Any thoughts? I think the most that I could get to play would be 16, the least 8. (I know...pretty big range...but these guys can be kinda wishy washy)Help a lady out?K, thx. :club:

Tables can't be more than 8 people, for a start. Usually what happens, is you assign a spot on the table, and when the button gets to him, you switch games.It's possible to play the Stud games without antes, if you think the game will have no problem generating action, but if it's too tight, you want them in there to enduce action, give people a reason to play the hands, etc.Edit - Just realized you want to do a tournament. In that case, just make the games change after a specific amount of time. Check out a Stars or FTP HORSE tourney for a decent structure, but remember you need to have the right chips available to make the levels, etc.

When mixing up games it's good to have a marker on the table to make it clear if you are playing high, low or high/low. In the clubs we used to put a plastic disc about the size of a CD in the centre of the table with "L" on one side for lowball, "H/L" on the other for split games. For the high games keep the disc off the table or at the side.This elimates a lot of potential arguments.

And one of the things you can do early on when the bets are low but the antes on the stud games should be tiny, have the dealer ante. At a 20/40 level with a 10 bi, ante's should be 3-5, but that's a pain. Instead have the dealer ante 30 for the whole table.And if you don't already, get in the habit of using two decks. The current game is being dealt with the red deck, while the dealer from the last game cleans up and shuffles the blue deck for the next hand's dealer. Switch and repeat. You'll get about 30% more hands in per level, and that's important because it adds more play in the same length of levels. And let's face it, dealing stud games, especially mixed games, and especially with novices, takes a long time.