2/5NLremembered stacking villain at 1/2NL last week.Hero ($500)Button ($550)Preflop: Hero is CO with Qh, Qd. SB posts a blind of $2.3 folds, Hero raises to $20, Button raises to $55, 2 folds, Hero calls $35.Flop: ($115) 9h, 8h, Ks (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $65, Hero calls $65.Turn: ($245) Js (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $145, Hero calls $145.River: ($535) 4c (2 players)Hero checks. villainis all-In $290. Hero calls

I'd fold the flop. Also the turn.If we think he's probably 3-betting with something other than AA-JJ and AK, I think we should 4-bet preflop.I think there might be a read here I'm missing.

I can't really put him on a hand here that doesn't beat you other than maybe a BFD? I think if he's a standard player his range preflop is JJ-AA, AK/maybe AQ, all of which beats you except AQ and I don't think that's ever going to 3 barrel you after the first 2 check/calls. If he's the type of player who would RR preflop with a mid PP suited connectors or something then his range is wider but we still aren't beating much that plays this way, the board is pretty coordinated.Unless he's bluffing a busted FD he is really crushing you, I think the river is a clear fold. If you have some sort of read that might change the correct action, but you didn't mention that in the OP.I would play the whole hand differently to be honest, I don't see the point of c/cing all streets unless you're really sure he's on a FD and doesn't have a king or better. I would lead out on the flop and c/f the turn.

stacking villain isn't enough to warrant a call on all 3 streets.I would maybe call the flop if not just fold. Live plays pretty differently amirite? You can only make a call here if villain has a wide 3betting range. The turn is just awful and it's pretty much a fold. KJxx right? K is a strong part of his 3betting range and the JJ just got there. We' really only ahead of AQ and TT...but I doubt live villain plays TT like that.c/c flop only if villain has a wide 3betting range. as played, fold turn

ok.. obviously 1 sided replies.this was not me, and this was not during live playthis was a hand by Good2CU, the ship it holla balla kid, who people said is "a really really good player"and this play was at 10/20NL

ok.. obviously 1 sided replies.this was not me, and this was not during live playthis was a hand by Good2CU, the ship it holla balla kid, who people said is "a really really good player"and this play was at 10/20NL
never heard of him

well 10/20nl online plays drastically different than lower limits online as well as live play mitch >:|good2cu for what i know plays 25/50 and I think up to 100/200nl online.It's a pretty standard fold on the turn. Perhaps he knows something we don't about villain. in this situation, there really isn't much we can learn from this hand or really deduce. : / THANKS BITCH, I mean MITCH:Dp.s. when do u leave vegas?

well 10/20nl online plays drastically different than lower limits online as well as live play mitch >:|good2cu for what i know plays 25/50 and I think up to 100/200nl online.It's a pretty standard fold on the turn. Perhaps he knows something we don't about villain. in this situation, there really isn't much we can learn from this hand or really deduce. : / THANKS BITCH, I mean MITCH:Dp.s. when do u leave vegas?
I like to throw these out there from time to time, just to see how good some of the advice is. also, FYI. this was a hand he had posted almost 2 years ago at party poker.probably not that much different than live 2-5.
I like to throw these out there from time to time, just to see how good some of the advice is.
Did we pass, or is there some subtle argument for playing the hand the way the hero did?
2/5NLremembered stacking villain at 1/2NL last week.Hero ($500)Button ($550)Preflop: Hero is CO with Qh, Qd. SB posts a blind of $2.3 folds, Hero raises to $20, Button raises to $55, 2 folds, Hero calls $35.Flop: ($115) 9h, 8h, Ks (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $65, Hero calls $65.Turn: ($245) Js (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $145, Hero calls $145.River: ($535) 4c (2 players)Hero checks. villainis all-In $290. Hero calls
I can't see anything reasonable that you beat here.
I like to throw these out there from time to time, just to see how good some of the advice is. also, FYI. this was a hand he had posted almost 2 years ago at party poker.probably not that much different than live 2-5.
you cant say anything about this hand without any sort of readhow do you know the table dynamic and his image, something that im sure was a huge part of the reason this hand was played as it was
you cant say anything about this hand without any sort of readhow do you know the table dynamic and his image, something that im sure was a huge part of the reason this hand was played as it was
so basically the exact same scenario as the hand you posted, right?
did i not add reads in later in the hand when i got peoples general line off of how they play big pairs oop when an over card falls on the turnand even at that its still a lot different then this hand because this hand is player dependant all the way throughbut i dont expect you to realize that
The hand that ptspecial posted is actually interesting without reads, since it's not really that much of a read based play, although I don't think that folding in that hand can ever be considered.Posting a hand here and saying it's 2/5 live when it's really 10/20 online is just, wow. They're not even in the same league. It's like comparing a rusty 1981 Honda Civic with a 2008 Bentley. They're both cars, but aside from that, they really don't have much of anything in common.When a player as good as good2cu calls down in a spot like this, he has definable reads and reasons for doing it. In almost any live game, this is a no-brainer fold on the flop considering people rarely ever RR too lightly.
The hand that ptspecial posted is actually interesting without reads, since it's not really that much of a read based play, although I don't think that folding in that hand can ever be considered.Posting a hand here and saying it's 2/5 live when it's really 10/20 online is just, wow. They're not even in the same league. It's like comparing a rusty 1981 Honda Civic with a 2008 Bentley. They're both cars, but aside from that, they really don't have much of anything in common.When a player as good as good2cu calls down in a spot like this, he has definable reads and reasons for doing it. In almost any live game, this is a no-brainer fold on the flop considering people rarely ever RR too lightly.
you're right, 10-20 on party poker 2 years ago played worse than 2-5 live today
you're right, 10-20 on party poker 2 years ago played worse than 2-5 live today
I was actually playing 10/20 NL on PP about 2 years ago (no BR management, don't ask) and I know what it was like. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're just talking in generalities from how people talk about it as opposed to any actual experiences that you might have had playing in those games. Yes, there were some terrible players who never belonged there and then there were some of the best players on the internet as well. It was easy (especially if I mostly held my own there 2 years ago when I had no business in the game), but not as easy as everyone says it is and it is certainly far above the level of 2/5 live any day of the week.